SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Sage User

[RESOLVED] Windows 7 playback failure

Before I get to my issue, I just wanted to say thanks to all who have put in a lot of hard work to breathe new life into Sage. I've been using it for well over 10 years. I've tried other applications, but none tackle everything I want to do like Sage does. (Most of that is thanks to the excellent plugins and community here.)

I followed the guide to install SageTV Open Source for Windows. It installs and runs beautifully. Everything configured simply including the EPG. Sage detected my HDHomeRun tuner and mapped the appropriate local OTA channels.

My problem is, I can't get any sort of playback. I've tested each of the 4 configuration settings with no luck. If I tune a channel through the guide, it will give me a "No Signal" message. However, if I go to the Channel Setup screen and preview the channel I was just trying to watch, I get about 80% signal strength on the meter. (But no video on the actual preview.) If I use HDHomeRun Quick TV, I can watch tv with no issues, so I know it's not a matter of signal or connection to the tuner.

There's probably some simple thing I need to configure or install, but I've no idea what. This is a laptop with an i5-2520M cpu (which uses Intel 3000 series graphics). As always, your help is appreciated!

/edit: Changed title to note that the issue was resolved. Hope it helps somebody else!

Last edited by Elephino; 11-15-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Sage User

I stumbled across a thread in the hardware section which described my problem to a T. Following the instructions there got Sage working for me!

Link to the thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61660

Link to how I resolved the issue:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...483#post580483