SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
The only problem seen is at the start or during a commercial skip there is some stuttering for few seconds.
There is a setting for Comskip Playback to "Pause Before Skipping". Try that and see if it makes a difference.

John
Old 04-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

At a different forum where it about mostly security cameras, someone mentioned that one of the security camera apps have a poor framerate on Nexus player and this apps developer replied back.

This is his response about Nexus player having poor framerate with his apps.
Quote:
tinyCam Monitor has low performance on x86 Android devices like Nexus Player. This is because of Android 6.0 feature/bug which does not allow running ffmpeg library (h264 decoder) on x86 devices with assembly optimization.

There is no such issue on ARM devices like NVIDIA SHIELD.
I am wondering if that one of the issue we face using mini-client on Nexus player?

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 04-09-2016, 04:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
At a different forum where it about mostly security cameras, someone mentioned that one of the security camera apps have a poor framerate on Nexus player and this apps developer replied back.

This is his response about Nexus player having poor framerate with his apps.

I am wondering if that one of the issue we face using mini-client on Nexus player?

Bill
that was an issue I ran into a few builds back where people couldn't use IJKPLayer after the build. Turns out that it was because of this. My "work-around" for now was to target Android 5 why gets around this bug. The asm problem with ffmpeg has to be set at compile time, and I leave it enabled (which means that once I target Android 6 IJKPlayer on x86 will become slow ). My nexus player is a dev player which is an ARM based player as well.

Eventually we'll need to get ExoPlayer working as good as IJKPlayer, since Android 6 is going to cause some issues on x86 Android
Old 04-10-2016, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

I have tried every release but the only reliable release has been RC3 ... It plays everything I throw at it. The latest release constantly fails. I have posted about this before on my Nexus Player but it reacts the same way on my Shield... all recordings are made using OpenDct.

Edit the latest Play store Install appears to be working fine looks good.... This is using EXOPLAYER the other player is bad.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-10-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Sage User

black screen

Sean,
Thanks again for all your hard work.

I'm the guy who wrote a while back: I had installed RC1 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone and my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. I run two SageTV servers... one running on an XP platform and one on Win7. (The XP machine has the Dish satellite receivers and all that related stuff... hate to disturb something that is working). Using RC1, I was able to connect successfully to both systems, but only could get a picture on the XP system. The Win7 connect resulted only in a black screen. Both phone and tablet were the same.

I just downloaded RC3 from the Google Play store, and the connection is with the same results. Perhaps there is a dependency that one machine does not have installed? Should certain software/plug-ins/dependencies be installed on the server? Both machines are able to be used by HD200 and HD300 extenders just fine.

Thanks!
Jeff
Old 04-12-2016, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9cqs View Post
Sean,
Thanks again for all your hard work.

I'm the guy who wrote a while back: I had installed RC1 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone and my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. I run two SageTV servers... one running on an XP platform and one on Win7. (The XP machine has the Dish satellite receivers and all that related stuff... hate to disturb something that is working). Using RC1, I was able to connect successfully to both systems, but only could get a picture on the XP system. The Win7 connect resulted only in a black screen. Both phone and tablet were the same.

I just downloaded RC3 from the Google Play store, and the connection is with the same results. Perhaps there is a dependency that one machine does not have installed? Should certain software/plug-ins/dependencies be installed on the server? Both machines are able to be used by HD200 and HD300 extenders just fine.

Thanks!
Jeff
To be honest, if the HD300 can connect, so should this.

Let's start with removing the SageTV MiniClient apps and then reinstall ONLY the play store version. I say apps, because it's likely that you have multiple Apps installed, without realizing it, since the package name has changed a couple times. So go through your installed apps and then remove all the SageTV MiniClient instances.

The "black screen" could be an out of memory on the server, so I'd check there as well, so see if the server log is reporting any errors.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Two finger swipes bring up the "remote-like" menu which work great and I like it functionality of it.

But how do I close it? Android back button does close it but it also close whatever was playing too.

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 04-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Green arrow closes it.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
To be honest, if the HD300 can connect, so should this.

Let's start with removing the SageTV MiniClient apps and then reinstall ONLY the play store version. I say apps, because it's likely that you have multiple Apps installed, without realizing it, since the package name has changed a couple times. So go through your installed apps and then remove all the SageTV MiniClient instances.

The "black screen" could be an out of memory on the server, so I'd check there as well, so see if the server log is reporting any errors.
Did that. Same thing. Still plays fine using the older XP machine server, but the WIN7 server it shows a black screen. It connects fine, and if I use another machine to use the "remote" commands using the web interface, I can play a recording on the android miniclient... picture shows and sound, plays fine, but I can't control it using the miniclient.

Maybe a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 thing?
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did that. Same thing. Still plays fine using the older XP machine server, but the WIN7 server it shows a black screen. It connects fine, and if I use another machine to use the "remote" commands using the web interface, I can play a recording on the android miniclient... picture shows and sound, plays fine, but I can't control it using the miniclient.

Maybe a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 thing?
Unfortunately, I can't really offer anything is going help, since in the few cases where I've seen people with this problem, they are all using a Samsung device And while I have a samsung s2 that works, I have never actually experienced or reproduced this issue.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Unfortunately, I can't really offer anything is going help, since in the few cases where I've seen people with this problem, they are all using a Samsung device And while I have a samsung s2 that works, I have never actually experienced or reproduced this issue.
I was afraid of that. Thanks for your work! The fact that I have it playing from one server and not the other is rather curious. I'm considering comparing the config files between the two servers for that "extender" and possibly pushing in configuration params from the server that the extender works with to the one it does not and seeing if that can help. If I figure out what param might make it work, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2016, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was afraid of that. Thanks for your work! The fact that I have it playing from one server and not the other is rather curious. I'm considering comparing the config files between the two servers for that "extender" and possibly pushing in configuration params from the server that the extender works with to the one it does not and seeing if that can help. If I figure out what param might make it work, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
This is the other thing to try, I guess... look at the client id in the settings (at the bottom) should be a value like ##:##:##:##:## and then on the server shut it down, and then go to the clients directory, and delete the ##########.properties that matches this client. Then restart the server and connect this client again.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

This may just be nitpicking, but is there any chance the page up and page down in the helper menu can be mapped to "Channel Up/Page Up" and "Channel Down/Page Down"? When I hit page up or page down on any other platform while watching live TV, it always changes the channel which I think is desirable for most people.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 04-17-2016, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
This may just be nitpicking, but is there any chance the page up and page down in the helper menu can be mapped to "Channel Up/Page Up" and "Channel Down/Page Down"? When I hit page up or page down on any other platform while watching live TV, it always changes the channel which I think is desirable for most people.
Well, there's what desirable for "most" people, and then there's what's most desirable to me Since I never use LiveTV or the guide (I only ever watch recordings), I honestly never think about how to interact with guides and channels, but the suggestion is good.

This request likely falls under the "configurable" remote buttons, which a small sub-project in itself to allow users to configure the layout and button actions in the soft remote.

I just need to find more time
Old 04-17-2016, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
what's your opinion of the S2? I was looking at a Tab A as an inexpensive Android tablet, but did notice how bright and crisp the S2 screen is, albeit at over twice the price.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-17-2016, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
what's your opinion of the S2? I was looking at a Tab A as an inexpensive Android tablet, but did notice how bright and crisp the S2 screen is, albeit at over twice the price.
The S2 that I have is the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone... it's quite old, so I wouldn't recommend it over the Tab A.

But, I have a 2012 Nexus 7 Tablet, so I would recommend the 2013 Nexus 7 tablet if you are looking for a decent tablet that doesn't cost too much.

Also the Nexus 9 would be a good tablet as well. (I really prefer the Nexus lines over the Samsung tablets, because, the Nexus line doesn't include the crappy TouchWiz UI that Samsung puts on its tablets to make it feel like a really crappy ipad )
Old 04-17-2016, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The S2 that I have is the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone... it's quite old, so I wouldn't recommend it over the Tab A.

But, I have a 2012 Nexus 7 Tablet, so I would recommend the 2013 Nexus 7 tablet if you are looking for a decent tablet that doesn't cost too much.

Also the Nexus 9 would be a good tablet as well. (I really prefer the Nexus lines over the Samsung tablets, because, the Nexus line doesn't include the crappy TouchWiz UI that Samsung puts on its tablets to make it feel like a really crappy ipad )
OH....sorry, thought you had a S2 tablet. Not a big fan of Touchwiz either, but I never know who supports Nexus tablets, for example, who do you call?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-17-2016, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
OH....sorry, thought you had a S2 tablet. Not a big fan of Touchwiz either, but I never know who supports Nexus tablets, for example, who do you call?
Yeah, I understand that. I think you call google... Not sure what their support is like.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally switched to v9 and am able to now try miniclient due to no placeshifter license for v7. Phone is ASUS Zenfone 2 x86 based. Unable to enter Username or Password as alpha characters don't register only numbers and some special characters. As I remember one of the first builds I was able to enter and connect to v7 before trial limit exceeded.
Any thoughts on the keyboard issue?
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

The current android mini client is only for android tv. I believe version 4 was the last version to support phone and tablets. Stuckless intends to makes version for tablets, but for now get version 4. If my info is out of date someone please correct me.
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300