SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
This is the log file you asked for.
HUGE log file

I will get better at reading these over time but I found the issue (I believe).

The creation of the firewall rules is failing as the firewall on your machine is reporting that it is OFF/Disabled. If this is indeed the case please enable it and rerun the setup and let me know if it works ok (then feel free to disable it after again).

I have changed the installer code to ignore these errors so the next installer should work fine for this situation if the firewall is disabled.

Hopefully this is the real issue....difficult to find but easy to fix

Thanks
k
Old 01-30-2016, 06:14 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the firewall tip. that did it. I installed over sage 7.1.9 with version 9 exe files installed over that. I also use the schedules direct program guide plugin. The install went fine and everything works right "EXCEPT"

When sagetv started, it showed me sagtev 7 default screen and the link to enable Gemstone. I clicked it and my setup was back to normal. Not a major issue. It also changed my custom video menus to all the same options. Had to go back into option and rest filters for the different menus. Again not a big issue.

I use Fuzzy's external dvd playback plugin and have Zoomplayer Max setup to play the dvds. I guess somehow the zoomplayer filters must have gotten uninstalled or unregistered because zoomplayer gave error message with filter error. I reinstalled zoomplayer over itself and all is working fine. I know the zoomplayer isn't part of the install, but wanted to mention it for someone elses benefit.

edit: After restarting Sagetv, the menus were all correct.

Thanks for the great work!
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.

Last edited by rnadeau; 01-31-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

I have noticed on occasion that SageTV reverts some settings. Not sure what triggers it...perhaps the new STV, or the new Sage.jar or something else. The actual properties files are all retained as far as I have seen so in theory Sage should start exactly as it was previously configured.

Perhaps others may know what the trigger is that makes it load the default STV...then we may be able to change something so it does not revert when it really should not.

k
Old 01-31-2016, 05:37 AM
Sage User

The next time I attempt a newer install from beta 001, I will enable the debug mode and create a log. Unfortunately, I did not save my directory before the upgrading and after several hours of getting back to a stable state in 001, I was not ready to attempt again.

On a side note I did have my firewall enabled during the install, so I do not think that was the cause of my HD Home Run failures.

If other people have had successful SiliconDust tuners install with beta 003 then it would be good to hear.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I have noticed on occasion that SageTV reverts some settings. Not sure what triggers it...perhaps the new STV, or the new Sage.jar or something else. The actual properties files are all retained as far as I have seen so in theory Sage should start exactly as it was previously configured.

Perhaps others may know what the trigger is that makes it load the default STV...then we may be able to change something so it does not revert when it really should not.

k
My Gemstone config has reset to default every time I update the JAR so that might be it.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

k
This property defaults to true "wizard/revert_stv_on_upgrade". And then will cause the STV to be reset to the V7 one after an upgrade of SageTV versions. We did this because too many people had problems with custom STVs when we did software upgrades and we wanted to isolate out those problems.

This setting is in UIManager.java; and I have no problem approving a change which sets the default value to be false.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Sage User

HD HomeRun Capture Failure

I have retested with the latest installer. I confirmed that the correct Firewall entries have been made. However, I still experience capture failure with beta 003 where the beta 001 installer works.

I have attached the setup logs using the /log option.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (100.4 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by bryanzim; 02-01-2016 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Removed EPG Keys from logs
Old 02-01-2016, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzim View Post
I have retested with the latest installer. I confirmed that the correct Firewall entries have been made. However, I still experience capture failure with beta 003 where the beta 001 installer works.

I have attached the setup logs using the /log option.
I am sorry I should have been clearer. I need to see the sagetv_x.txt server log file with debug enable and a capture failure so I or perhaps Jeff can see what might be wrong in the install.

k
Old 02-02-2016, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

@jusjoken: First, thanks so much for taking this part of the OSS project on!

Second, I just did a server install on a brand new Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) OS in a VM, using the beta 003 installer. During install, I entered the EPG license, used the default install location, started the service control, changed the user and password and then stopped. I was about to check which ports needed to be opened and went into Windows Firewall to verify that nothing had been done already. I was a bit surprised to see that the following entries were made.

This looks as though the default install is set to open up absolutely everything to the SageTV service. Am I reading that right? If so, is that intentional?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 028.jpg (110.8 KB, 305 views)
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 02-02-2016, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post

Second, I just did a server install on a brand new Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) OS in a VM, using the beta 003 installer. During install, I entered the EPG license, used the default install location, started the service control, changed the user and password and then stopped. I was about to check which ports needed to be opened and went into Windows Firewall to verify that nothing had been done already. I was a bit surprised to see that the following entries were made:

This looks as though the default install is set to open up absolutely everything to the SageTV service. Am I reading that right? If so, is that intentional?
That is what my SageTV v7 install did.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Sage User

Just a quick question. Sorry if this has been asked already but I didn't see it. If I install this over my v7 do I need to enter the license or is that only for a new install using the original license? I know before whenever I upgraded there was no need to reenter the license.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post

Second, I just did a server install on a brand new Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) OS in a VM, using the beta 003 installer. During install, I entered the EPG license, used the default install location, started the service control, changed the user and password and then stopped. I was about to check which ports needed to be opened and went into Windows Firewall to verify that nothing had been done already. I was a bit surprised to see that the following entries were made:

Correct. That was intentional and mimics v7.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by videolog View Post
Just a quick question. Sorry if this has been asked already but I didn't see it. If I install this over my v7 do I need to enter the license or is that only for a new install using the original license? I know before whenever I upgraded there was no need to reenter the license.
Yes you need to enter your license as v9 stores it differently. If you have already done a previous v9 install, even manually, then the key will show in the text box in the installer.

k
Old 02-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Okay, Thanks. Now I just have to find my license. lol Seems like I've been running Sage forever.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Posting this as something I learned regarding Version 9 which I installed with the 003 installer. May be true for other versions as well. Also, confirmed this issue existed on two separate systems. I had historically increased the Java Heap to 500 or 600 hex on systems I had installed. I found with version 9 if I increase this above 400 SageTV has issues with capture (throws back errors) and it will exit the application if you click the back arrow in the top left corner of the screen after navigating the menus. Not sure It shouldever be set above 400 but I had done so in the past and never had issues with Version 7. Just an FYI......
Old 02-08-2016, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
Posting this as something I learned regarding Version 9 which I installed with the 003 installer. May be true for other versions as well. Also, confirmed this issue existed on two separate systems. I had historically increased the Java Heap to 500 or 600 hex on systems I had installed. I found with version 9 if I increase this above 400 SageTV has issues with capture (throws back errors) and it will exit the application if you click the back arrow in the top left corner of the screen after navigating the menus. Not sure It shouldever be set above 400 but I had done so in the past and never had issues with Version 7. Just an FYI......
I have never been able to get a stable system above 400 with v7 as many others have also reported over the years so i think you were just lucky or something else was different that was allowing it to not fail in the past.

k
Old 02-08-2016, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Just did an install of the client and it seems to have gone off quite nicely. I'll have to do some testing, but initial results are quite promising. One thing I didn't verify before the upgrade from v7 was any registry settings I had customized in order to ensure they stayed afterwards. There's a chance the demuxer's numbuffers setting may have been reset back to 64, but I'm not certain that I had a different number in there. I use Andy's utility to make these changes, so I'm not sure where the registry setting would be. Other settings seem to still be identical to what I remember them being before the v9 upgrade.

This isn't related to your installer, but I did notice that quite a few imported episodes (or entire shows) didn't retain the edits I had made to them in BMT under v7 and will need to be edited a second time so they import properly.

UPDATE: Regarding the import "issue", I forgot to copy my MediaTitles.xml file over to the new server. This didn't resolve all the importing issues, but it did fix the majority of them.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7

Last edited by Skirge01; 02-08-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error Message

I did the upgrade to my server over the weekend and received the attached error message while upgrading the server. So far everything seems to be working correctly and I see no side effects of the error.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageTV9.JPG (24.8 KB, 248 views)
Old 02-08-2016, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
I did the upgrade to my server over the weekend and received the attached error message while upgrading the server. So far everything seems to be working correctly and I see no side effects of the error.
Were you using the newest installer? Was it on top of v7? Any chance the server or service was still running?

Can you also advise what OS version you were using.

thanks
k
Old 02-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was using the beta 3 installer, and yes this was an upgrade of version 7 with the sagetv service stopped. The one thing that may make my situation unique is that my server resides on a HP Proliant ML350 running Server 2012 R2 with multiple tuners. As I said, as far as I can tell everything is working correctly. I used the server virtually all day yesterday watching the Super Bowl and never had a glitch. I believe it actually recorded a couple of episodes while I was watching live TV. I did go back and spot check one of those episodes and it did record. I did initially go back and attempt to re-register the .dll but I received an error message stating something about unable to register due to dependencies. I can get you the exact error tonight if you need it.