SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
Is this what you're looking for?
Those would likely work for now. To be used, they would need to be checked into the source on github, and to do so you need to sign a Google agreement. (See the CONTRIBUTING file).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-12-2016, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

I ran the install but it never asked me for license key. But I manually add the ENV variable and this worked.

Now to remember how to copy over all of the Gemstone settings from my V7 production server.

@jusjoken - can I copy over some lines from the properties file from my V7 install to my new V9 install to facilitate this?
Old 01-12-2016, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is this what you're looking for?
This is great....thanks. Stuckless has agreed to commit these and submit the pull request to Jeff (I will get setup soon for the contributors but I am not yet).

Thanks again.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I ran the install but it never asked me for license key. But I manually add the ENV variable and this worked.
Did you go into the Options page of the installer ? So far I think 3 people missed this so either it's missing for some reason or I need a bigger message on the Welcome screen stating the EPG License is in the Options screen.

I prefer NOT to place it on the welcome screen as long term licenses are not available.

Quote:
Now to remember how to copy over all of the Gemstone settings from my V7 production server.

@jusjoken - can I copy over some lines from the properties file from my V7 install to my new V9 install to facilitate this?
From a Gemstone perspective just go to Options, Utility, Export and export ALL settings. Then on the new system do the Import. Sometimes a restart is need to make it clean. I tend to avoid copying directly from the .properties and the export will deal with the Sage path being different if it is.

k
Old 01-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just a note on the java heap increase. I also had the problem that I could not increase to 400h 1024d.
I had to give full permission to the user that accesses sagetv. I then was able to get 1024d (400h). I found that info somewhere in the forum.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I didn't notice an options screen - where should I have seen that? FYI I was installing on Win10 64 bit.

I was able to import the Gemstone menu settings - I guess there is no reason that you can't move them from one server to another but I was thinking more that this was just the way to get settings from one server to its clients. After importing it still took a bit of work as I had forgotten this but it seems like the customized TV menu items are not from Gemstone - I guess you have to customize the core Sage menus. Any way to export/import these as well?

Other than the options issue, and that may well be my fault, everything went flawlessly. Great job. Now we need 64 bit Java on Windows.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

The Options button on the first screen of the installer next to install.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was able to import the Gemstone menu settings - I guess there is no reason that you can't move them from one server to another but I was thinking more that this was just the way to get settings from one server to its clients. After importing it still took a bit of work as I had forgotten this but it seems like the customized TV menu items are not from Gemstone - I guess you have to customize the core Sage menus. Any way to export/import these as well?
I am not sure what you are referring to on the TV menu?
Old 01-13-2016, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

On the TV Recordings Menu I have changed the second item to "Kids' Shows" and it has some filtering by genre/category for stuff like "Children/Animation/Family". But when I imported settings this didn't come across. My customized Video menu settings were correct but the TV ones were not.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
On the TV Recordings Menu I have changed the second item to "Kids' Shows" and it has some filtering by genre/category for stuff like "Children/Animation/Family". But when I imported settings this didn't come across. My customized Video menu settings were correct but the TV ones were not.
So its not a Flow but a SageTV tv view I assume. That info is not part of the export.

Why have you not just created a TV based flow and then add the flow to that menu in menu manager....then it would all export.

k
Old 01-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Sage Expert

I decided to improve on the splash screens. The 9 didn't look right. Also changed credit to "SageTV Community Authors".
Attached Images
File Type: gif splash.gif (98.0 KB, 240 views)
File Type: gif splashclient.gif (97.8 KB, 211 views)
File Type: gif splashminiclient.gif (98.0 KB, 208 views)
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The Options button on the first screen of the installer next to install.
I honestly don't think I'd think to go into the options either, unless I was planning on doing a non-standard install (different folder, primarily). I think this might make more sense as an extra step on the screen, with a bullet for no license (that is default) and a bullet for having a "Legacy SageTV License for EPG data", which then enables the text box to enter the license.

While 'new' licenses are not available, some users may still be able to acquire licenses from old users here on the forums, if they so choose.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I decided to improve on the splash screens. The 9 didn't look right. Also changed credit to "SageTV Community Authors".
Is it possible to slipstream this into existing installs? Could I just change some image files or would I have to change a JAR file or an exe?
Old 01-13-2016, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is it possible to slipstream this into existing installs? Could I just change some image files or would I have to change a JAR file or an exe?
I've added the new screens (not the ones from this morning ) to github... waiting for apull request. later tonight I can update them again, but once they are accepted and I create a new build... jusjoken will update the installer.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So its not a Flow but a SageTV tv view I assume. That info is not part of the export.

Why have you not just created a TV based flow and then add the flow to that menu in menu manager....then it would all export.
Thanks - when I first setup Gemstone (or probably Diamond) on my V7 server I either didn't understand how to do it properly or I preferred the view that was in the default UI.

I like the view that gives show banners as the main way of picking a TV show, particularly when my children were younger and pre-literate, and where you could see a lot of shows on the screen at one time to reduce the amount of scrolling required. Maybe I didn't see a view that worked like this, at least not for TV shows.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks - when I first setup Gemstone (or probably Diamond) on my V7 server I either didn't understand how to do it properly or I preferred the view that was in the default UI.

I like the view that gives show banners as the main way of picking a TV show, particularly when my children were younger and pre-literate, and where you could see a lot of shows on the screen at one time to reduce the amount of scrolling required. Maybe I didn't see a view that worked like this, at least not for TV shows.
There most certainly are quite a few views that work like this - but it might be a matter of configuring them to show the banners.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I've added the new screens (not the ones from this morning ) to github... waiting for apull request. later tonight I can update them again, but once they are accepted and I create a new build... jusjoken will update the installer.
When that happens can I just rerun the installer? It will keep my settings, won't it? I have already installed a bunch of plugins and done some UI customization with Gemstone.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When that happens can I just rerun the installer? It will keep my settings, won't it? I have already installed a bunch of plugins and done some UI customization with Gemstone.
Yes. The installers do not contain files that users modify so you can install over top. At times, not sure why yet, Sage will revert to loading the SageTV7 STV after an install but just change it back to Gemstone if this occurs.

Of course I would always recommend a backup of the SageTV folder prior to running the installer.

k
Old 01-13-2016, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I honestly don't think I'd think to go into the options either, unless I was planning on doing a non-standard install (different folder, primarily). I think this might make more sense as an extra step on the screen, with a bullet for no license (that is default) and a bullet for having a "Legacy SageTV License for EPG data", which then enables the text box to enter the license.

While 'new' licenses are not available, some users may still be able to acquire licenses from old users here on the forums, if they so choose.
Unfortunately these screens are not that customizable. In theory that could be done by creating a custom DLL for the bootstrapper but I doubt I am going there to solve this item.

I can bring the EPG License text box into the welcome screen pretty simply and as numerous people have missed this option and there is really no simple way to add the license key AFTER the install is complete I think I am just going to bring it into the main screen for now.

k
Old 01-13-2016, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

not having ever seen a wix project, does this help out?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...o-button-group