SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Sage User

Network encoder question - HDPVR on Linux

Hello there!

I've been happily running V7 of SageTV for years on my Linux server and using my HD300 as my primary interface.

Recently, however, my HD PVR is acting up and truncating recordings. At this point Sage becomes unstable and bad things happen. I've replaced power supplies, every cable, etc. and currently have the theory that a recent update to my server has caused the instability and related issues.

Well, I have a small spare Linux box - I'd like to move the HD PVR to that box and use it as a network encoder. I installed Sage 9 on it, and it starts, but I can't see it from the placeshifter or the hd300 (no firewall, pingable, etc.). I really don't want to move my primary instance there, I just want to use it as a network encoder.

Any tips?

Thanks!
Simon
Old 05-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Sage Expert

Simon,
I don't believe that Placeshifter or HD300 would see the network encoder directly. You have to have your primary system detect the network encoder server just as you would normally add a "tuner" (Setup -> Setup Video Sources -> Add New Source). Then the primary server would tell the network encoder when to tune/record. The Placeshifter and HD300 connect to the primary server as they normally would.

--John