SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

iOS Client SageRemote Beta Test Discussion

This is for discussion of SageRemote for iOS which is currently in beta. For information about helping to test the beta please see:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63162

When you first start the app you will see a list of movies and shows from your SageTV sorted with the newest items first. You are actually in the menu item(top left of app) called "new". This is a view that shows you items added in the last 10 days or so to your SageTV that have not been watched with the app or have been ignored. After you watch an item with the app then it won't show up in new. You can also press the "I" to the right of any row item. This gives you several options with ignore being one of them. If you have no interest in this media item then ignoring this item will cause it not to be shown in any of the view menus. This is useful if another family member is recording something that you have no interest in. If the item is a show and is a series then it will ask you if you want to ignore just this item or the whole series. The idea of the "new" view is to give you an easy list of new items that you haven't watched yet. Each time you start the app it shows you this view.

In the new view if the item is part of a series you may see a line at the bottom of the details for this item with a line like: "Recordings: 2". The app is grouping items within the series together and showing the description of the most recent item. To access other items in the series other than the first simply select the line with your finger but don't let go! In about 3/4 of a second it will show you the items in the series. Now you may let go!

The top left menu item(All) does just what you think. This show you all media Movies and shows on your SageTv server.

The top left menu item(Shows) does just what you think. This show you all tv shows on your SageTv server. You should see lots of rows here ending with "Recordings : ". This is your clue that you need to do the press and hold like above to access items other then the most current one in the series.

The top left menu item(Downloaded) shows you items you have already downloaded to your device. This is what you can watch without internet or wifi connectivity. This is great for watching on a plane or a remote area. The I to the right on each line gives you the option to remove the item from the device.

The recently watched gives you an easy way to answer the question "What is the name of that show I was watch 2 days ago!" This list should show items you have watched in the last month or so.

The top right menu item - Ignore List lets you see and remove items that you are currently ignoring.

You will notice when you are watching any item and stop it, then watch again that it starts back in the position you last watched. When you want to start the the beginning instead select the item with TWO fingers. It will now you a choice to resume or start the beginning. I use this a lot when I watch part of a media item on the app and want to pick back up on the hd-300. I do the two finger select and note the watched time, then choose cancel. Now you can go to that time on the hd-300 and move the slider to this playback time.

When you are actually watching a media item the "frames" button shows you a thumbnail view with each thumbnail around 20 seconds apart. This is great for skipping commercials! In the 1.5 beta the frames view does not work on download media items. Also the "recording schedule" view gives you the "notify when available" and "Download when available" choices. This also are not available in this beta.

As time goes on I expect to be updating the code on a regular basis so please indicate the app version you are on when posting a comment. You can see this by clicking the top right menu. The app version is displayed in the bottom right.

David

Last edited by davidb; 05-10-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Sage User

Beta v1.9

Install worked fine.
List of TVShows show up (but no movies?) and can search, browse and play, but:

No audio and 1080i shows don't de-interlace well with bright hissed scenes.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are your movies dvd rips with a bunch of vob's in the directory? If you have notepad++ or another editor besides Notepad Please look in the \sageremote\bin\Sage-Shows-Movies.json and see if see any of the movies are listed there. The file only has carriage returns with no line feeds and notepad doesn't view it well. Most anything views it fine.

Please make a short 5 min or so recording that doesn't have the audio and put the original file on dropbox or some other place and email me the link and I can look at it. All of my recordings are from my hdpvr locked at 720p.

Thanks
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskill View Post
Install worked fine.
List of TVShows show up (but no movies?) and can search, browse and play, but:

No audio and 1080i shows don't de-interlace well with bright hissed scenes.

Last edited by davidb; 05-14-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb View Post
Are your movies dvd rips with a bunch of vob's in the directory?
No. They are HD-PVR recordings at 720P H264 AC3 5.1 from Cable Box or 1080i/720p MPEG2 AC3 5.1,2.1,2.1 from OTA. I have no ripped VOBs.

Quote:
If you have notepad++ or another editor besides Notepad Please look in the \sageremote\bin\Sage-Shows-Movies.json and see if see any of the movies are listed there. The file only has carriage returns with no line feeds and notepad doesn't view it well. Most anything views it fine.
WordPad works; as well as TextWrangler; no movies listed; nothing from my Video import directory "//HD Movies//"

Quote:
Please make a short 5 min or so recording that doesn't have the audio and put the original file on dropbox or some other place and email me the link and I can look at it. All of my recordings are from my hdpvr locked at 720p.
Sure can do, but not sure how me stripping out the Audio will help you figure out why there is "no audio"?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

No don't strip the audio out. What I meant to say is you can give me a sample that when playing with the app that doesn't have audio.

David

Quote:
No. They are HD-PVR recordings at 720P H264 AC3 5.1 from Cable Box or 1080i/720p MPEG2 AC3 5.1,2.1,2.1 from OTA. I have no ripped VOBs.

WordPad works; as well as TextWrangler; no movies listed; nothing from my Video import directory "//HD Movies//"

Sure can do, but not sure how me stripping out the Audio will help you figure out why there is "no audio"?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Sage User

Some addition items:

1) My port number was incorrect for SageX and none of the artwork has downloaded. Even after resetting the server, none of the artwork appears; just question marks

2) If you are watching while encoding, only the segment time (length) shows, instead of the entire time (length) of the video.

3) During or after encoding, the video won't download. This is probably due to the fact that my server sits behind VLAN firewall that I don't have SMB routed to. Probably a rare case for most consumer users but still something that should be looked at (proxy through server?)

4) Recording Schedule not working (can't find file error on server).

4) Probably want to add more details to the video information screen like:
- most of the shows metadata made available through SageTV already
- video length
- source video codec details
- if it is or has been re-encoded yet
- original source and re-encoded file locations

Hope this is helpful... Vas
Old 05-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
No don't strip the audio out. What I meant to say is you can give me a sample that when playing with the app that doesn't have audio.

David
LOL, for sure... did you want me to start by posting a MediaInfo report of each?

Thanks, Vas.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:40 PM
Sage User

So as an update:
Files are properly encoding... testing the end product directly from /EncodedMedia directory, the .ts files generate and the .m3u playlist work fine in VLC.

I would conclude this might be an issue with my iPad configuration. I will look into that. I also have another iPad so I will try on that (you will need to add my UUID to the next build).

As a feature, can you please add an "About" in the Settings section of the app showing what version the iPad is running?
Old 05-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Select the menu in the top right.
The version info is displayed in the bottom right.

David

Quote:
So as an update:
Files are properly encoding... testing the end product directly from /EncodedMedia directory, the .ts files generate and the .m3u playlist work fine in VLC.

I would conclude this might be an issue with my iPad configuration. I will look into that. I also have another iPad so I will try on that (you will need to add my UUID to the next build).

As a feature, can you please add an "About" in the Settings section of the app showing what version the iPad is running?
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Select the menu in the top right.
The version info is displayed in the bottom right.

David
Ahh; so it is, thanks.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

How do i find the correct sagex URL for my server. I assumed it would be http://192.168.0.4:8082/sagex as to get to my website its http://192.168.0.4:8082/sage/Home but this doesn't seem to be working.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Confirm you have the sagex plugin installed then under "Installed Plugins" select "Jetty Web Server" then "Configure Plugin". Then look for the "http Port" line. This is the port number you will need so then.
The SagexURL line would start like:
http://
then add your ip - for instance 192.168.0.4
then add a colon so the line up to this point would be
http://192.168.0.4:
then add the port number you saw from Jetty Web Server for instance 8080
so you now have
http://192.168.0.4:8080
now add /sagex
so the complete line would be
http://192.168.0.4:8080/sagex

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
How do i find the correct sagex URL for my server. I assumed it would be http://192.168.0.4:8082/sagex as to get to my website its http://192.168.0.4:8082/sage/Home but this doesn't seem to be working.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

It works just fine with SageV7. In fact I have only tested with Sage7!
You are correct the input file needs the quotes. I will update the code to add it. Encoding the file that is on your other server "should" work just fine.

To start the database over remove the \sageremote\db directory and the \sageremote\img directory then in your \sageremote\bin do:
getsagemedia.bat (giving your ip address of the server if you need to)
then run
loadsagemedia.
The next time the app loads it will see the new server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Does this only work on SageV9? Right now I am trying to use it with my SageV7 server - is that one potential problem?

FYI here is the output of that text file. Two things I notice - on the last line it seems to be truncating the path+filename at the first space in the path. Are spaces in the path or file name a problem. It looks like it and you may have to put quotes around the full filename including path when you call ffmpeg.

A second thing to note is that the file that it is trying to encode is on my backup server rather than production server. You may have to think about how to handle situations where people have multiple servers.

How do I delete my database and start over again? If I pass the IP of the server as you suggested above when calling GetSageMedia.bat will it only run against the server passed as an argument?
Code:
C:\SageRemote\EncodedMedia\6864744>"c:\SageRemote\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -ss 00:00:00 -i \\standrews\videos\Isabella's Shows\Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood\Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood-S01E01-Daniel's Birthday-35485532-0.mp4 -profile:v high -level 4.2 -b:v 1500K -preset superfast -c:v libx264  -strict -2 -ac: 2 -codec:a aac  -b:a 128k -f hls -hls_list_size 0 -hls_time 10  "c:\SageRemote\EncodedMedia\6864744\6864744.m3u8" 
ffmpeg version N-79883-g38eeb85 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 5.3.0 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmfx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-decklink --enable-zlib
  libavutil      55. 24.100 / 55. 24.100
  libavcodec     57. 40.100 / 57. 40.100
  libavformat    57. 36.100 / 57. 36.100
  libavdevice    57.  0.101 / 57.  0.101
  libavfilter     6. 45.100 /  6. 45.100
  libswscale      4.  1.100 /  4.  1.100
  libswresample   2.  0.101 /  2.  0.101
  libpostproc    54.  0.100 / 54.  0.100
\\standrews\videos\Isabella's: No such file or directory
Old 05-17-2016, 04:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

C:\SageRemote\bin>getsagemedia

C:\SageRemote\bin>java -classpath .;.\sagex-api.jar;phoenix.jar;log4j-1.2.15.jar
;gson-2.3.1.jar;.\ GetSageMedia
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm getting the above error and thought it was because of an incorrect sagex path but i had it correct. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Your java is not in your "path" environment variable. Java has to be installed for Sage to work. If you accepted the default location when you installed java then Go to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java"
Then do a dir
You should either have "jre7" or "jre6" I don't think version 8 works with Jetty.
So your java path should be either

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin"
or
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin"

This is what you need to add to your path.
See Step1 of the sageremote-install.pdf instructions if you don't know how to add it.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
C:\SageRemote\bin>getsagemedia

C:\SageRemote\bin>java -classpath .;.\sagex-api.jar;phoenix.jar;log4j-1.2.15.jar
;gson-2.3.1.jar;.\ GetSageMedia
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm getting the above error and thought it was because of an incorrect sagex path but i had it correct. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It works just fine with SageV7. In fact I have only tested with Sage7!
You are correct the input file needs the quotes. I will update the code to add it.
How do we get the updated code - I am assuming that the iOS app doesn't need to be updated, just the server side code - correct?
Old 05-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I will send an email with the download link after I find out more about the missing movies. In the meantime you can change sageremote.config key "ffmpegCommandLIne" to add the quotes like this:
[CODE]
<add key="ffmpegCommandLine" value="-ss {0} -i &quot;{1}&quot; -profile:v high -level 4.2 -b:v 1500K -preset superfast -c:v libx264 -strict -2 -ac: 2 -codec:a aac -b:a 128k -f hls -hls_list_size 0 -hls_time 10 &quot;{2}&quot;"/>
[CODE]
Quote:
How do we get the updated code - I am assuming that the iOS app doesn't need to be updated, just the server side code - correct?

Last edited by davidb; 05-17-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Will do - I guess the relevant change is just adding quotes around the {1}.

You might want to add [CODE] tags around your previous post as the quotes got mangled to &quot - at least in my browser they did.

Code:
    <add key="ffmpegCommandLine" value="-ss {0} -i "{1}" -profile:v high -level 4.2 -b:v 1500K -preset superfast -c:v libx264  -strict -2 -ac: 2 -codec:a aac  -b:a 128k -f hls -hls_list_size 0 -hls_time 10  "{2}""/>
Old 05-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes that is all. The output file had it but the input file didn't. Tried to add the [code] tag but the tag just displays. Must be missing something!

Quote:
Will do - I guess the relevant change is just adding quotes around the {1}.

You might want to add [CODE] tags around your previous post as the quotes got mangled to &quot - at least in my browser they did.

Code:
    <add key="ffmpegCommandLine" value="-ss {0} -i "{1}" -profile:v high -level 4.2 -b:v 1500K -preset superfast -c:v libx264  -strict -2 -ac: 2 -codec:a aac  -b:a 128k -f hls -hls_list_size 0 -hls_time 10  "{2}""/>