SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Run ComSkip not showing on show popup dialog

Hi all,

For some reason on my "new" installation, the Run Comskip menu option is available on the show information popup. I'm not sure if I'm missing a plugin or if I have a configuration issue. Would someone be willing to enlighten me if they have any clues?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 08-22-2016, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are using CommercialDetector make sure you have installed the "CommercialDetector UI" plugin.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
Hi all,

For some reason on my "new" installation, the Run Comskip menu option is available on the show information popup. I'm not sure if I'm missing a plugin or if I have a configuration issue. Would someone be willing to enlighten me if they have any clues?

Thanks,

Mark
Well, once again I have proven that I can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. I meant to say, "For some reason on my "new" installation, the Run Comskip menu option is NOT available on the show information popup."

Anyway, the CommercialDetector UI has been installed. In fact, I removed it and reinstalled it last night, and I still don't have the Run Comskip option. I guess I'll have to see if there are any clues in the properties file from my old installation. Unless there are any other things I can look at.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, once again I have proven that I can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. I meant to say, "For some reason on my "new" installation, the Run Comskip menu option is NOT available on the show information popup."

Anyway, the CommercialDetector UI has been installed. In fact, I removed it and reinstalled it last night, and I still don't have the Run Comskip option. I guess I'll have to see if there are any clues in the properties file from my old installation. Unless there are any other things I can look at.
Go to Detailed Setup->Customize->Comskip Playback Options->Buttons Options and set "Show Run Manual Comskip Button" to Yes.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

There's the rub. I'm not seeing a "Detailed Setup" option. Unless I'm in the wrong place.

I go to Setup->Plugins->Installed Plugins->CommercialDetector->Configure Plugin. That's where I set up the link to the Donator Version of Comskip. But I don't see any Detailed Setup option.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There's the rub. I'm not seeing a "Detailed Setup" option. Unless I'm in the wrong place.

I go to Setup->Plugins->Installed Plugins->CommercialDetector->Configure Plugin. That's where I set up the link to the Donator Version of Comskip. But I don't see any Detailed Setup option.
It's off of the main menu. Setup -> Detailed Setup (Yes, it's confusing having the setup in different areas.)

Also note, if the .edl file has been generated for the recording the "Run Comskip" button will not appear, instead you will see a "Delete Comskip Files" button.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
It's off of the main menu. Setup -> Detailed Setup (Yes, it's confusing having the setup in different areas.)

Also note, if the .edl file has been generated for the recording the "Run Comskip" button will not appear, instead you will see a "Delete Comskip Files" button.
Right on the Delete vs Run option. I've experienced that. In fact, I had a couple of shows that looked like they had bad edl files (the comskip marks just looked odd), so I was going to re-run the comskip against them. Deleted the Comskip file, and walla, no option to re-run. That prompted this discussion.

Thanks for the pointer on the configuration option, I'll take a gander tonight when I get home.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:57 AM
Sage User

I'm having the same issue. Donated version of Comskip. Installed plugins show Commercial Detector 1.01 ONLY. Nothing pointing to Comskip. I have .edl files that show 0.00 13.33 0474.47 01111.71 and so on. I do not have my old green bar showing commercial cuts like I had in V7. Also I cannot find anything pointing to comskip UI or plugin configuration. V7 running great since 2008, decided to upgrade to win10 and V9 not sure what's up.
Clients: 3 - HD300
Old 12-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Sage User

Well shucks..... Just read read read. Finally tripped to the fact that I needed to install Commercial Detector UI Mod along with the Commercial Detector... Ouch! All is working well now.
Clients: 3 - HD300