SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

BMT Choosing Wrong Entry

I have been running into a situation where BMT is consistently selecting the wrong entry if the show is show in multiple countries.

Here is the latest example: http://thetvdb.com/?string=hell%27s+...unction=Search

BMT is selecting:
Hell's Kitchen (RO) English 286341

instead of:
Hell's Kitchen (US) English 74897

I can go in manually and fix it, but is there a way to tell BMT to pick the US entry?

Thanks,
John
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 10-09-2016, 10:42 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a file (can't remmeber off the top of my head) where you can force a certain show's title to a certain thetvdb.com file. MediaTitles.xml or something like that off the top of my head. I do wish Phoenix Core leveraged google to find the match, because searching "hell's kitchen site:thetvdb.com" will almost always give you the series you want on top.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-10-2016, 04:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
There is a file (can't remmeber off the top of my head) where you can force a certain show's title to a certain thetvdb.com file. MediaTitles.xml or something like that off the top of my head. I do wish Phoenix Core leveraged google to find the match, because searching "hell's kitchen site:thetvdb.com" will almost always give you the series you want on top.
That was the clue I needed. I found the following:

One the most common uses for MediaTitles.xml is to map SageTV recordings to a specific TVDB id. Sage Recordings usually follows the format, “SeriesName-EpisodeName-AiringID-Number.ts”. So knowning this, we only ever want to match against the “SeriesName”, for a typical MediaTitles entry for a Sage Recording looks like this...

<match>
<regex>[\\/]HawaiiFive0-.*</regex>
<title>Hawaii Five-0</title>
<year>2010</year>
<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">164541</metadata>
</match>

Note that the in this case because we are using the <metadata> element to force an exact series id lookup, then the <title> and <year> are simply there for user information and they are not actually used in the search, since they are not needed.

This file must be located in the SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/scrapers/ directory.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 10-10-2016, 05:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Probably the easiest way to update MediaTitles.xml is to use the "Add Matcher" button in BMT web ui. ie, after you search and find the correct match, then click "Add Matcher" button and have it update the MediaTitles xml.