SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Sage User

Android Miniclient on Mi Box Crashing SageTV Server v9

I recently updated my SageTV to the latest v9 manually over my v7, so I am running the latest jar, exe and xml files on a Windows 10 box. Both extenders (HD200 & HD300) having been working fine for several days.

I loaded the miniclient on my Nexus 6p and it also seems to work decently. I recently purchased a Mi Box and immediately updated the box and loaded the miniclient from the app store. Withing a few minutes it crashed my server and I have to start it again. I have tried every setting in the miniclient to no avail. I am not even getting to the point of playing a video.

I do not see anything in my event log and I don't know where to look past that. I assume there are ways to debug the server as well as the client. On the client side I did try to send the log but it says I don't have an app installed for that or something to that nature. I assume it just sees the disconnect from the server and that is all.

Has anybody else had this issue as I really want to get this working. It may be inevitable that I have to get a Sheild TV instead but the Mi Box would be great alternative on the cheaper side.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am running the mini-client on an Mi Box with no problems. But I am also on V7 SageTV Server.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 11-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am running a mi box without any problems on v9. However, my server is Linux. It's the docker version running on unraid.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackb View Post
I recently updated my SageTV to the latest v9 manually over my v7, so I am running the latest jar, exe and xml files on a Windows 10 box. Both extenders (HD200 & HD300) having been working fine for several days.
It may have nothing to do with your issue but I would do a proper version 9 install using the installer so you have all the updated files and not just the few files you copied.

k
Old 11-27-2016, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

I run the miniclient on a Mi Box and 2 NVidia Shield boxes and I've yet to see an issue. Is post your sagetv_0.txt log file there might be some information in there as to what is happening.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I run the miniclient on a Mi Box and 2 NVidia Shield boxes and I've yet to see an issue. Is post your sagetv_0.txt log file there might be some information in there as to what is happening.
+1 to that. Mi box and Shield clients run without issue. I even still have a functioning PC client.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackb View Post

I loaded the miniclient on my Nexus 6p and it also seems to work decently. I recently purchased a Mi Box and immediately updated the box and loaded the miniclient from the app store. Withing a few minutes it crashed my server and I have to start it again. I have tried every setting in the miniclient to no avail. I am not even getting to the point of playing a video.

I do not see anything in my event log and I don't know where to look past that. I assume there are ways to debug the server as well as the client. On the client side I did try to send the log but it says I don't have an app installed for that or something to that nature. I assume it just sees the disconnect from the server and that is all.

Has anybody else had this issue as I really want to get this working. It may be inevitable that I have to get a Sheild TV instead but the Mi Box would be great alternative on the cheaper side.
How's your ram usage? Adding additional clients can cause sagetv to run out of ram.
I've also noticed that if my phone connection gets dropped it will sometimes take the server with it, I say for me its a ~5% chance. Are you using a network adapter or wifi?
Old 11-27-2016, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible this is the SageTCPServer issue crashing Sage, or is that not applicable for V9?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
It may have nothing to do with your issue but I would do a proper version 9 install using the installer so you have all the updated files and not just the few files you copied.

k
I never could get the installer to work. It kept coming up with an error I couldn't get past.

Thanks,
Mack
Old 11-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I did end up turning on the debug option and looking at the sagetv_0.txt log and found that java was getting an exception trying to set up the listening ports for the clients. It was trying to do this twice for the same port when the client was connecting and killing the server.

I ended up clearing out all old client property files as well as any old client entries in the server xml. This worked like a charm and eliminated the port conflict.

This client has been great and I have been using it consistently without issues. I have thrown all the file types I use at it with no problems.

Thanks for the great work!
Mack

Tags
crash, miniclient, server