SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

Android Miniclient - Audio Volume

Any chance of getting the ability to boost volume in the miniclient? Other players I use (Kodi, MPC-HC) allow you to boost audio on quiet videos, but with the Miniclient if it's quiet I have to switch out to Kodi to watch. Would be really useful... It's either that or a new TV.

Thanks!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-16-2016, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Any chance of getting the ability to boost volume in the miniclient? Other players I use (Kodi, MPC-HC) allow you to boost audio on quiet videos, but with the Miniclient if it's quiet I have to switch out to Kodi to watch. Would be really useful... It's either that or a new TV.

Thanks!
It sounds like it would be a good thing, but I honestly have no idea what would be required here. Are you sure the audio on the device is turned to max volume?
Old 12-16-2016, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It sounds like it would be a good thing, but I honestly have no idea what would be required here. Are you sure the audio on the device is turned to max volume?
Yeah, it's rare, just occasionally on a downloaded file. Turned up full on both the Android TV box and the crappy TV - the only TV where it's an issue so far. So probably not worth much effort!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

What in the mini client controls how streams are remuxed? It seems to me that the center channel isn't getting remuxed into the Left and Right channels. I can't really watch any movies or TV shows that aren't directly recorded by SageTV. None of the movies or shows in my media folder are able to be watched, even at the highest volume.

All of my other apps will blow the speakers out at hightest volume.

For instance, watching the mandalorian on disney plus would destroy my speakers at max volume. Watching the mandalorian by going into the video menu in sagetv and playing an mkv file, even if you turn the sound all the way up, you can barely hear the center channel for the shows dialog.

I've tried every combination of settings with exp or and ijk and they all exibit the same problem.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you're only using two speakers, this might have to do with how the system splits 5.1/7.1 streams to 2 channel. You have to make sure everything is set to stereo sound only.

If you're not, sorry, I have no idea. The transcoder would have to be able to set the encoder to normalize the audio, but no idea if that's possible because I don't know how any of that works, lol.