SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Moving files between installations?

Hi,

currenty, I'm installing my final sage server. When finishied, I want to move some of my recodings from the testserver to the new server (both are sage 9). Is it possible to move the recordings together with their meta data?

ken
Old 12-28-2016, 02:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfox View Post
Hi,

currenty, I'm installing my final sage server. When finishied, I want to move some of my recodings from the testserver to the new server (both are sage 9). Is it possible to move the recordings together with their meta data?

ken
As long as the recording have not been altered post-recording (like converted by something other than sage), then moving them, along with their properties file (if present) will allow the other instance of sage to pick up the appropriate metadata for them. What will NOT come over, though, is the knowledge that they have been recorded - so if there is a favorite for that show, it will not 'know' that it has already recorded that episode, so if it re-airs, it will likely record it again. Also missing will be the actual 'Airing' information (channel and time it was on), because that airing will likely not be present in the destination system's database.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
As long as the recording have not been altered post-recording (like converted by something other than sage), then moving them, along with their properties file (if present) will allow the other instance of sage to pick up the appropriate metadata for them. What will NOT come over, though, is the knowledge that they have been recorded - so if there is a favorite for that show, it will not 'know' that it has already recorded that episode, so if it re-airs, it will likely record it again. Also missing will be the actual 'Airing' information (channel and time it was on), because that airing will likely not be present in the destination system's database.
If you also copy the Wiz.bin file, then you will also retain all of that other information as well.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
If you also copy the Wiz.bin file, then you will also retain all of that other information as well.
Yes, but there is currently no way to merge two wiz.bin files. So, if he is running two servers for a while (original v7 server plus new v9 "Test" server), they will have different histories stored in their respective wiz.bins. You can merge the recordings by simply copying them over from one server to the other (meta-data stored in the recording files will get picked-up by the new server), but the watched history and other information doesn't get merged.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 12-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Yes, but there is currently no way to merge two wiz.bin files. So, if he is running two servers for a while (original v7 server plus new v9 "Test" server), they will have different histories stored in their respective wiz.bins. You can merge the recordings by simply copying them over from one server to the other (meta-data stored in the recording files will get picked-up by the new server), but the watched history and other information doesn't get merged.
Guess I missed that part, as you are correct that there's currently no way to merge multiple Wiz.bin files.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Guess I missed that part, as you are correct that there's currently no way to merge multiple Wiz.bin files.
If anything was on my "Wish List" I guess it would be the ability to merge multiple Wiz.bin files, or export/import from one to another.

Started off with multiple SageTV servers and have been at the point that I'd like to reduce it into 1.

Too bad there wasn't a SQL based interface.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
If anything was on my "Wish List" I guess it would be the ability to merge multiple Wiz.bin files, or export/import from one to another.

Started off with multiple SageTV servers and have been at the point that I'd like to reduce it into 1.

Too bad there wasn't a SQL based interface.
Since I already wrote a program to export wiz.bin to SQL, I'm considering ways to expand on it. If you are fluent in SQL and can get everything merged there, the main need would be an SQL to DB option which shouldn't be too difficult. The tough part would be making sure everything was "proper" for Sage.

I'm also starting to,think about what a GUI-based wiz.bin viewer/editor/merger might look like.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Since I already wrote a program to export wiz.bin to SQL, I'm considering ways to expand on it. If you are fluent in SQL and can get everything merged there, the main need would be an SQL to DB option which shouldn't be too difficult. The tough part would be making sure everything was "proper" for Sage.

I'm also starting to,think about what a GUI-based wiz.bin viewer/editor/merger might look like.
I wasn' aware of your export Wiz.bin to SQL. Does it work with SageTV 6 or is it just SageTV7/9 compatible?

Can you provide the name/link for it? And your forum link if there is one?

Yes, definitely familar with SQL. Long time Database Administrator/System Admin

Would LOVE to have the SQL => Wiz.bin capability. I could see it opening up so many doors.

Last edited by graywolf; 01-01-2017 at 07:18 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-01-2017, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
I wasn' aware of your export Wiz.bin to SQL. Does it work with SageTV 6 or is it just SageTV7/9 compatible?

Can you provide the name/link for it? And your forum link if there is one?

Yes, definitely familar with SQL. Long time Database Administrator/System Admin

Would LOVE to have the SQL => Wiz.bin capability. I could see it opening up so many doors.

It should work with any version of the DB. It's here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=577768