SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for V9

Just upgraded to V9 to take advantage of the schedules direct epg. I posted over in the sagetv epg service about the guide and was recommended to update to V9. My hat is off to the people still working on this project. A while back I thought I was going to at some point in time have to find a new PVR solution. But after doing a upgrade to V9 I think I will keep using this.
Thanks again
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 03-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Sage User

Smile

Me too; I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to making Version 9 a reality. Not only does it support Schedules Direct natively, but I can finally install the SageTV placeshifter client (that I missed out on because SageTV was sold to Google).
Old 03-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would also like to echo my thanks to everyone who put in the hard work that made upgrading from SageTV7 to SageTV9 a seamless process. I finally had the time to upgrade this weekend and it all went very well.

I did have trouble upgrading one of my Sage clients since it was an ancient machine running Windows XP (I know, I know). As a helpful tip in case anyone else still happens to have XP around, you need to upgrade the Windows Installer service to at least v4.5 (download available here from Microsoft). You will also likely receive an error message indicating that DLL STVEVRPrstr.dll could not be registered. You are safe to click ignore on this error.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).

Last edited by Lester Jacobs; 03-25-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Jacobs View Post
I did have trouble upgrading one of my Sage clients since it was an ancient machine running Windows XP (I know, I know). As a helpful tip in case anyone else still happens to have XP around, you need to upgrade the Windows Installer service to at least v4.5 (download available here from Microsoft). You will also likely receive an error message indicating that DLL STVEVRPrstr.dll could not be registered. You are safe to click ignore on this error.

We have an ancient Intel Atom XP system in the bedroom running the Sage client and I came upon this very issue today. The poor thing is on its last legs (I'm either going to put Win 7 on it or just turn the monitor into a Fire TV stick display) but we'll hold out a little longer as the client still works. I wish I'd seen your tip a few hours ago, but you and I probably went through the same "well, let's try this" process.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroch76 View Post
Me too; I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to making Version 9 a reality. Not only does it support Schedules Direct natively, but I can finally install the SageTV placeshifter client (that I missed out on because SageTV was sold to Google).
My thanks as well. SageTV 9 and SageTVClient 9 fix the problem that logitech keyboards, when turned off or going to sleep, would kick SageTV 7.x to the Home screen. See: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...=logitech+home .

It was driving me nuts. It prevented me from upgrading my HTPC keyboard from the Adesso to the Logitech K830. Now the new keybaord works beautifully after the upgrade of server and clients to version 9. Thanks!

Last edited by guho; 04-03-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

I have said my thanks before for the work put into V9, but have to add more kudos.

I have Comcast/Xfinity and under V7 was getting frequent unplayable recordings in SageTV. Most of the time if I used the built in Conversion process to convert the file to another format I was able to play the recordings.
Since moving to V9 I have yet to get an unplayable recording. I have noticed that a recording will play with the wrong audio track, either SAP, or more often the visually impaired audio track with someone in the background saying under the main audio things like "Harry sits in a car outside his house". Pressing the "Audio" button on the SageTV remote will switch the audio track to the next one and you can get back to the correct main audio track. I'm guessing these files would have been unplayable in V7 since a majority of the time the unplayable recordings had messed up audio track info when you looked at the file with something like VLC.

The frequency of these V9 recordings initially playing the wrong audio track corresponds pretty closely to the frequency of unplayable recordings I was getting in V7. For instance just the other night on Comcasts ABC HD channel I had the first recording pop up with the wrong audio initially, the next program was fine, and then the one right after that had the wrong audio as well.

I wish I'd held onto some of the original unplayable in V7 recordings to see if they would play in V9. I may still find some in my backlog of some shows. I have over 20-30 episodes of a few shows that were mostly recorded with V7 so I probably will find some in there.

So I just want to say thanks again to those working diligently on advancing SageTV.