SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-23-2017, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Cool, I will try that when we get back on the road in January.

I just reread the manual and it doesn't mention anything about long presses for the Options Wheel, only for the volume button. Is there a write up somewhere about other remote options not listed in the manual? I have used the right and left to skip forward and back, even figured out how to change the amount of skip. But it never seemed like i was getting a page down event when holding the button all the way down even for a long time.

Thanks!! -Bill
I believe the long press is a function of the sagetv miniclient, not the remote.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-04-2018, 05:50 AM
Sage Expert

I can't get SageTV to not use its inbuilt demux. I've searched my registry and changed all occurrences of EnableSageTVStreamDemux to 0.

When I build a graph with an mkv/vp9 or mkv/vp8 video, graphstudio uses lav demux, sage just gives me a playback error.

I can play mkv's with h.264 in sage but it does not use lav's demux (no activity icon in the lower right -- but the activity icons for lav video and audio codecs are there).

Any suggestions on things to try?

I'm running windows 8.1 and the latest SageTV for windows (9.1.8.770).

Edit...
I looked over the log file and the only splitter mentioned in it when it is creating or removing a graph is the sage splitter -- even when I open mkv/h.264 files (which do play).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB

Last edited by davidk21770; 01-04-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Sage Expert

I've managed to get this working on several servers and clients by changing the registry item for EnableSageTVStreamDemux to 0, but on one pesky server (Windows 8 Pro 64-bit) does not seem to respond to the change. The registry had at least four references to EnableSageTVStreamDemux, but I changed them all to 0.

Is there another culprit that could be preventing hevc playback within Sage? The files play as expected on WPC-HC, Kodi, and VLC.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Playback of HEVC-10 encoded MKV's, encoded with Handbrake from TV recordings and discs works for me with the miniclient both on the Nvidia Shield and the FireTV 4K. I did nothing special, no registry changes/etc. to make this work, it just does.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Sage Expert

I should have been more clear; I'm trying to achieve playback on a Windows 8 system. All of the other Windows systems (v10, v8 Home 32-bit, v8 Home 64-bit) work fine after changing the registry setting ...
Old 10-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiso View Post
I should have been more clear; I'm trying to achieve playback on a Windows 8 system. All of the other Windows systems (v10, v8 Home 32-bit, v8 Home 64-bit) work fine after changing the registry setting ...
Hmm, I have no idea if Win 8 treats the registry differently. Only suggestion I can think of is to check the registry again for any you missed and to make sure they all stayed 0 and did not revert back to 1. Make sure Sage is closed and the service is stopped.

I was having an issue playing HEVC files a few weeks ago after doing some updates and my issue was Lav filters didn't register themselves properly after the install. A reinstall of Lav filters solved it. Maybe try that in case Lav Splitter is not working correctly?

What error/behavior do you see? Same as if you hadn't made any changes?

edit: does the lav splitter icon pop up? make sure the icon is enabled in the Lav Splitter settings

Last edited by jughead; 10-01-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I finally got this to work on my Intel NUC (Skylake). I was running LAV v0.70.2 and couldn't get HEVC H.265 files to play, so I upgraded to the latest LAV v0.74.1 and all my videos play great now.

I did enable H/W decoding using D3D11 but not sure if that was required or not.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:37 AM
Sage Expert

For the life of me, I cannot get this to work on this Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit system. I already had the latest LAV filters installed, but I uninstalled, and reinstalled. I checked all registry references to the SageTVStreamDemux; they are still set to "0".

I still get the Playback Error dialog.

I'm using an nVidia GT 1030 card with 431.60 Game-Ready drivers ...
Old 11-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiso View Post
For the life of me, I cannot get this to work on this Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit system. I already had the latest LAV filters installed, but I uninstalled, and reinstalled. I checked all registry references to the SageTVStreamDemux; they are still set to "0".

I still get the Playback Error dialog.

I'm using an nVidia GT 1030 card with 431.60 Game-Ready drivers ...
I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I went into LAV Video Configuration and picked a hardware decoder that had HEVC checked (not grayed out). You might take a look at that.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I went into LAV Video Configuration and picked a hardware decoder that had HEVC checked (not grayed out). You might take a look at that.
Unfortunately for me, the NVIDIA CUVID option I selected had HEVC checked, and not greyed out ...