SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Fanart showing in folders and BMT Web UI but not gemstone?

I have scanned and rescanned, deleted both file and memory caches, and cannot seem to get fanart to appear in gemstone. It is there in the file, which is in an unraid share althought sage is running on windows VM, but will not display. Where do I start?
Old 11-06-2017, 06:04 AM
SageTVaholic

In gemstone image options make sure the path for the central fanart folder is correct

When that is correct, then change debug options in gemstone to debug, recreate the issue and post sage and gemstone and phoenix logs

k
Old 11-06-2017, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

If this is an intermittent issue then also make sure you restart SageTV as sometimes you can get an error that requires a restart to fix.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

LOst the entire VM, so I had to start from scratch, but now I'm back on this. Central directory is correct, but now just contained within the Sage folder on the VM instead of the UNRAID array (not using sage docker for now due to tuner issues)

Logs are attached (gemstone/phoenix from logs folder plus regular sage log, let me know if not correct).

I am seeing two issues. In some cases BMT is not finding art when it is present on tvdb. Better Call Saul is an example of this.

Other issue is that in many cases, the art is there in the file and in the gemstone UI, but I need to select a default in order for it to appear.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (606.1 KB, 226 views)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I reviewed the logs but there is way too much going on in there to narrow it down. To focus the logs you really need to restart sage so they are clean and then only do what is needed to see the issue and then zip the logs again.

Also, a little detail as to what you did and what you are seeing or not seeing will help...do you get any fanart or missing them all. It looks like you have check folders first turned on and that seems to always be failing...do you have fanart in the media folders such as poster.jpg ? If not, turn that option off as it is not needed with central fanart.

k
Old 11-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Flipped Gemstone logging to debug, then shut down sage completely and deleted all existing logs. Started up again and opened placeshifter on another computer (had to activate gemstone and add flows). Then I went straight to the videos section where I saw posters on a few files, but lots of missing. For example, Caddyshack shows metadata in BMT, but doesn't download any fanart although it is there on moviedb. Bridge of Spies has both fanart and metadata.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (115.9 KB, 229 views)
Old 11-15-2017, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Here is what I see in the logs....

Caddyshack - which failed
\\192.168.1.100\Imported\PlayLater\Amazon Instant Video\Caddyshack.mp4

** there is no metadata returned for this title when gemstone calls phoenix to get the data and therefore it does not know where to look for fanart

Bridge of Spies - which works
\\192.168.1.100\sagemedia\tv\BridgeofSpies-38737739-0.mpg
** this one has metadata returned by the phoenix calls and therefore locates fanart

Bridge of Spies - found a second time - which works
\\192.168.1.100\Imported\PlayLater\YouTube\Bridge of Spies.mp4
** this one also has metadata (same metadata) returned by the phoenix calls and therefore locates fanart

So, it looks like you have some media located in 2 locations. But the one example I found like that does return fanart in both cases...so not likely related to the issue.

You say BMT has metadata for Caddyshack. Phoenix is not getting that so I need some info verified in BMT that there really is metadata for this title as there are no errors from the phoenix retrieval so that means the metadata does not exist.

Can you post some screen grabs from BMT showing the metadata for this title...the Raw data screen may be of most use.

k
Old 11-15-2017, 09:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Here you go. There isn't much, but's finding some things.

Sorry for the confusion, Bridge was a bad example. I knew I had that one twice, no real reason but it was legit captured two separate times by mistake.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (23.7 KB, 238 views)
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (22.4 KB, 217 views)
File Type: png Capture3.PNG (12.4 KB, 211 views)
Old 11-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

also, this is running on a windows vm on the current server in my sig. I fully expect to have java heap issues, and it pegs occasionally but runs well enough for day to day use. I'm sure that isn't helping, but could it cause BMT to stop pulling in data? I assumed the bottleneck would be displaying on it extenders, not acquiring it.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
Here you go. There isn't much, but's finding some things.

Sorry for the confusion, Bridge was a bad example. I knew I had that one twice, no real reason but it was legit captured two separate times by mistake.
According to those screenshots, this item does not have metadata.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if this is exactly the same as the issue that btrcp2000 is having but I have seen instances with Fanart where there is Fanart but for some reason it isn't properly being read.

For example, if I go into the BMT Fanart screen I will see several Fanart items displayed but the thumbnail in the top right corner of the screen does not display the Fanart. If you click "Make default" for a Poster then the problem is fixed. I have certainly seen this historically on V7 on Win and I am pretty sure that the problem still exists in V9 on unRAID. I am pretty sure that there has been some discussion on this bug and others have seen it as well. Hope this helps.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Okay, so first off, thanks again for your patience, as I am now seeing fanart on probably 90% of files, the rest will be one-off issues with weird filenames, etc. Here's what I learned:

I had assumed that the presence of the year, description, cast, etc on many files in BMT indicated that it had successfully pulled in some metadata, but in reality it had gotten that from schedules direct via the EPG. Since I thought it had already tried and failed to pull in metadata when i refreshed, I never clicked "update metadata", instead focusing on refresh fanart. I had also assumed that the "Refresh" tool in the upper right would include not only scanning for new files but also looking online for fanart/metadata relevant data for those new files. Believe it or not, I did RTFM, but I guess I had to make a mess with my own hands before it sunk in.

Through multiple attempts, I have also seen what wayner mentioned with certain files having fanart but not displaying until default is chosen, but those were one-offs. I might ntoice mroe when i fix the remaining 10%, will report back. Thanks again for the time spent!
Old 11-15-2017, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad you are making progress. Sometimes I also find that restarting the SageTV service lots the Fanart kick in.

That issue that I mentioned that you see on one-off files - that is/was the issue for me. It happens on maybe 2-5% of the files and I think always on movies rather than TV shows or music - not that I spend much time checking Fanart for music.