SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Interesting how you did the one core per transcode channel.
I just duplicated EnterNoEscape's findings on his own system. We all owe him a lot.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
... We all owe him a lot.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
After entering the username, somewhat blind, I would hit the home button on the remote, taking me back to Firestick main menu. Then I would re-enter the miniclient which is still running the background and select the password field. I think the keyboard doesn't always come up, so I had to long press the Select button (middle of circle) on the remote and select keyboard in Stuckless' overlay menu. I think I had to exit one more time to get rid of the keyboard and move fields at that point.
Just tried this method again, and apparently it doesn't work anymore, so no miniclient remote on the stick.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Just tried this method again, and apparently it doesn't work anymore, so no miniclient remote on the stick.

Try holding down the center (enter) button of the remote to get more options. I got two firestick 4ks to work this way about a month ago. The method listed here didn't work for me either.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Tried the enter button, holding it down, but it doesn't work anymore either. There is absolutely nothing that I do that seems to get rid of the keyboard so I can navigate the username/password.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

If there was only a way to enter the username and password in the miniclient settings screen (and the option to autoconnect), you could scoot right past the usual placeshifter style login screen.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:44 AM
Sage Icon

Is the a mobile device app for the streamer stick? That's how I got it to work with my Shield - there is a Shield app that acts as a remote and I could enter the information and move from field to field with that app.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 04-22-2020, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

That was a great idea, and yes, there is a Fire tv app for android, so I gave that a shot. Everything was looking good until I realized that the function is basically a mirror of the physical remote, which is nice, but doesn't give the ability to hide the keyboard from the miniclient username/password login screen.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

I have the same problem. How about a different approach?

When you enter the userid/passwird the mini-client remembers it, meaning it must be stored in a file somewhere on android device. Is it possible to edit the file? Or create it and copy it to the android filesystem?
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 04-23-2020, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

I just happened to find this video in YouTube. Apparently the v2 fire sticks can use an otg cable and you can plug in a keyboard. I haven't tried it yet, but this may be the missing link to get this working.

https://youtu.be/-vSwYeJd5fI
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 04-24-2020, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I have read that you can connect a bluetooth keyboard to a Firestick right now, but I don't know how that would solve the problem. As soon as the user/pass screen comes up, there is a keyboard overlay, and no way to hide the keyboard to move between fields.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I have read that you can connect a bluetooth keyboard to a Firestick right now, but I don't know how that would solve the problem. As soon as the user/pass screen comes up, there is a keyboard overlay, and no way to hide the keyboard to move between fields.
I tried a Bluetooth keyboard. Same problem with the keyboard overlay.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 04-25-2020, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

I can’t remember how I did it, but yes, the keyboard overlap was totally frustrating with the Firesticks. It’s too bad Slugger is gone, because a screen-moveable keyboard would have been helpful...
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Tags
miniclient, opendct, streaming, transcoding, wan