SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-27-2018, 11:42 PM
Sage Icon

Ok. I had some time.

I updated the file in the same location as before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h761q3pbbz...ring_sort?dl=0

Here's the new version:
Code:
          public int compare(Object o1, Object o2)
          {
            Show s1 = getShowObj(o1);
            Show s2 = getShowObj(o2);
            long l1 = (s1 == null) ? 0 : s1.getOriginalAirDate();
            long l2 = (s2 == null) ? 0 : s2.getOriginalAirDate();
            if (l1 < l2)
              return -1;
            else if (l1 > l2)
              return 1;
            if (s1 != null && s2 != null)
            {
              int n1 = s1.getSeasonNumber();
              int n2 = s2.getSeasonNumber();
              if (n1 > n2)  // larger season is older/earlier show
                return -1;
              else if (n1 < n2)
                return 1;
              n1 = s1.getEpisodeNumber();
              n2 = s2.getEpisodeNumber();
              if (n1 < n2)
                return -1;
              else if (n1 > n2)
                return 1;
            }
            Airing a1 = getAirObj(o1);
            Airing a2 = getAirObj(o2);
            l1 = (a1 == null) ? 0 : a1.getStartTime();
            l2 = (a2 == null) ? 0 : a2.getStartTime();
            return (l1 < l2) ? -1 : ((l1 > l2) ? 1 : 0);
          }
Old 09-27-2018, 11:48 PM
Sage Icon

I don't think the negative or large numbers were the issue. I now suspect it's shows that share an original airing date but have mixed availability of season and episode numbers.

I wonder if imported shows either don't have original airing dates or they get populated with the same date when imported. That would make my failing scenario occur far more often.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:10 AM
SageTVaholic

I dont follow your season logic... a larger season number is a Newer show. An older show could be the same season or a smaller season number.

?
Old 09-28-2018, 05:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Ok. I had some time.

I updated the file in the same location as before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h761q3pbbz...ring_sort?dl=0
I downloaded the update you posted above and swapped it in a few minutes ago. It seems to be working. I'll report back if it fails again.

Last edited by gary201; 09-28-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I dont follow your season logic... a larger season number is a Newer show. An older show could be the same season or a smaller season number.

?
Remember that season numbers are only compared if the original airing dates are the same. So my reasoning is that if 2 shows originslly aired on the same date, the older one is the one in its second season compared to the one in its first season (i.e. the series itself has been around longer). This logic only works if the shows are not in the same series.

If the shows are in the same series, then what you’re saying is true but then they should have really different original airing dates, shouldn’t they? I suppose the one place that’s tough to consider is when the original airing dates are both 0, they may or may not be from the same series.

In the end, it’s probably not a big enough deal to worry about and easiest to leave it as it was.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Remember that season numbers are only compared if the original airing dates are the same. So my reasoning is that if 2 shows originslly aired on the same date, the older one is the one in its second season compared to the one in its first season (i.e. the series itself has been around longer). This logic only works if the shows are not in the same series.

If the shows are in the same series, then what you’re saying is true but then they should have really different original airing dates, shouldn’t they? I suppose the one place that’s tough to consider is when the original airing dates are both 0, they may or may not be from the same series.

In the end, it’s probably not a big enough deal to worry about and easiest to leave it as it was.
Ok. I get your logic now. I often see bad or missing OAD so just need to plan for that as you say.

Great sleuthing BTW

k
Old 09-28-2018, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Ok. I get your logic now. I often see bad or missing OAD so just need to plan for that as you say.

Great sleuthing BTW

k
Yeah, missing data makes sorting any of this tough but by definition the method doesn't matter if enough data is missing.

Thanks. I'm hoping this time it works. The last one was only a guess since I couldn't find anything else to blame. The multiple conditional compare logic makes it tricky.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I assume there isn't anything "confidential" in the wiz.bin (other than just all the stuff that was recorded/watched)? If not, you're welcome to it if you think that will help. Otherwise, we just wait and see since the problem seemed to appear/disappear periodically.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary201 View Post
I assume there isn't anything "confidential" in the wiz.bin (other than just all the stuff that was recorded/watched)? If not, you're welcome to it if you think that will help. Otherwise, we just wait and see since the problem seemed to appear/disappear periodically.
It's your watched history and all of the photo metadata. I'm not sure what else to look for in there, other than building some kind of script to search the data for the situation I outlined. That could be a large task though. I think waiting for the next round of results is easiest.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think waiting for the next round of results is easiest.
Okay. So far, it's still working.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay. So far, it's still working.
Still good on your end? Has it been long enough that you think it would have surfaced otherwise? If it looks fixed I'll try to get the changes submitted along with a different one I'm already doing.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Still good on your end? Has it been long enough that you think it would have surfaced otherwise? If it looks fixed I'll try to get the changes submitted along with a different one I'm already doing.
You bet! The problem hasn't returned at all since the last change. I can't thank you enough.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You bet! The problem hasn't returned at all since the last change. I can't thank you enough.
Good deal. I’ll sibmit the changes when I get the 64-bit Windows stuff submitted so you won’t have to stay on a temporary jar file.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Good deal. I’ll sibmit the changes when I get the 64-bit Windows stuff submitted so you won’t have to stay on a temporary jar file.
Please submit the changes for this fix independent from the 64-bit stuff. Makes it much easier to track changes and regression issues. "One submit for one bug" is the mantra.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
Please submit the changes for this fix independent from the 64-bit stuff. Makes it much easier to track changes and regression issues. "One submit for one bug" is the mantra.
Will do. I guess what I meant was I'll do it when I get setup to do those. I haven't signed the open source agreement or ever submitted a pull request yet. I'll just submit them sequentially but separately. There's also another null pointer fix I have.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
... when I get the 64-bit Windows stuff submitted ...
I can't tell you how happy this makes me to see a comment like that. Thought it might never come.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

This fix has been pulled into the main code so any future builds will include it.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Last night after watching/deleting a recording, the problem returned. I'm running v9.1.10.479. Is it possible that the fix was overwritten (and backed out) by someone else?

[Edit] Noticed the problem was intermittent as it did appear this morning, but after another show/two was watched/deleted the problem cleared up. As I recall, the issue was intermittent previously as well. I then upgraded to v9.2.1.485, so we'll see if the problem reappears again.

Last edited by gary201; 04-13-2019 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Grab the sagetv_0.txt log file if it happens again. The code should still be there but there's always the possibility of another issue