SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Request: Select Tuner for favorite or live playback

Yesterday, I discovered that the HDTC-2US tuner now works with SageTV/OpenDCT in the "heavy" h.264 transcoding mode

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...t=64584&page=2

After viewing some programs, I would say that the MPEG-4 video quality is acceptable for non-sports viewing - but for sports, I would prefer to have the transcoding turned off. Since I can also tune some of the same OTA channels via cablecard, it would nice for SageTV to be able to select which tuner to use for (1) live tv viewing - and/or - (2) favorite recordings - this would allow for specific sports programs to be viewed/recorded with a little bit better video quality in the case described above.

I realize I could change the channel lineup to use one tuner over the other, but some college/pro football games tend to be on various networks. If the "Recording Quality" setting of the Favorite setup were somehow updated such that different digital tuners could have a relative quality ranking, that could maybe address this. Keep in mind that I am interested in this case in using the benefits of h.264 for non-sports TV recordings.

For now, I am going to the web page for the HDTC-2US and turning the transcoding off when I want to watch sports on an OTA channel.

If the capability described above already exists, please let me know how to do this - thanks in advance for any replies.