SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:21 PM

Another option is Simple Machines Forum
Old 12-05-2019, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
A way to archive it was suggested by Slugger using wget but I don't have a link but I'm sure a google search for slugger and wget on this site would find it unless it wasn't Slugger who suggested it of course. Anyway with this you could create your own archive.
I wouldn't mind doing that Bob, but ultimately I was thinking that one forum would be completely frozen, never changing, yet still available and searchable for all. The second forum would be new, active, and folks could reference links to the old forum.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
A way to archive it was suggested by Slugger using wget but I don't have a link but I'm sure a google search for slugger and wget on this site would find it unless it wasn't Slugger who suggested it of course. Anyway with this you could create your own archive.
This guy shows how to archive it to HTML:
https://bertjohnson.com/blog/archive-vbulletin-to-html/

This site provides more detail:
https://blog.madadipouya.com/2016/04...ts-using-wget/

I don't know how heavy this hits the server and I suspect Narflex could more easily run it locally and provide the bundle for whoever wants to host it someday. The second link does provide a limit rate which I'm guessing throttles it to play nicely.

Last edited by wnjj; 12-05-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I wouldn't mind doing that Bob, but ultimately I was thinking that one forum would be completely frozen, never changing, yet still available and searchable for all. The second forum would be new, active, and folks could reference links to the old forum.
But it can still be exploit heck as long as it running out software I don't think lock it down would any good
Old 12-05-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
This guy shows how to archive it to HTML:
https://bertjohnson.com/blog/archive-vbulletin-to-html/

This site provides more detail:
https://blog.madadipouya.com/2016/04...ts-using-wget/

I don't know how heavy this hits the server and I suspect Narflex could more easily run it locally and provide the bundle for whoever wants to host it someday. The second link does provide a limit rate which I'm guessing throttles it to play nicely.
That maybe the best way of going about it but I give conversion a shot and see how it goes
Old 12-05-2019, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
I was getting some spammy site popping up when I'd log in here on both the phone and the PC. At first I thought my phone got hacked.
Where does one find this mobile site talked of in this thread?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Where does one find this mobile site talked of in this thread?
Sorry that was my mistake, I thought that there was a problem on my mobile that turned out to be the javascript malware that was on the site.

Martin
Old 12-07-2019, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Are there really 572 guests on the forum at this moment?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 572guests.jpg (46.4 KB, 248 views)
Old 12-07-2019, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
500 x $25 = I wish I knew how to host/run a forum....
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Notice there’s only a handful of actual members logged in. I’m guessing a lot of those guests are bots and not real people.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 12-07-2019, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, well over 1000 now. Let's hope Jeff is willing to keep up for bit yet.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Let's all welcome our newest member:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newestmember.jpg (48.9 KB, 279 views)
Old 12-07-2019, 11:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, well over 1000 now. Let's hope Jeff is willing to keep up for bit yet.
yes, let’s hope he does. Or take it private somehow so the REAL users are the only ones with access, if that’s possible. Maybe a HD unit serial # or similar?
Old 12-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Assuming we have volunteers, is there any reason why we can't just assume management of this site and keep things as they are?

Is Jeff the only administrator?
Old 12-08-2019, 12:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjim1 View Post
Assuming we have volunteers, is there any reason why we can't just assume management of this site and keep things as they are?

Is Jeff the only administrator?
I haven't seen an Opus or Fuzzy post in ages
Old 12-08-2019, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

HTTrack Website Copier

Has anyone had any experience with this app? Just downloaded it and am playing around, although not quite sure what it's cataloging at the moment
http://www.httrack.com/
Old 12-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've been monitoring this since you posted it. I don't know if it's always shown that many, or a recent development. From reading other posts it seems the site was hacked, and if the guest count is any indication, still being targeted.

It's worrisome. If this site goes down again, I fear it may be game over without active administrators. How about moderators? I see SHS has a mod tag.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjim1 View Post
I've been monitoring this since you posted it. I don't know if it's always shown that many, or a recent development. From reading other posts it seems the site was hacked, and if the guest count is any indication, still being targeted.

It's worrisome. If this site goes down again, I fear it may be game over without active administrators. How about moderators? I see SHS has a mod tag.
All good questions. What I’m confused about is how many of the old guard, Narflex, Opus4, Fuzzy etc. even use SageTV anymore. With some of the more prolific plugin developers fading away, it would seem we need fresh, computer savvy minds (which I sadly am not).
Old 12-09-2019, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
All good questions. What I’m confused about is how many of the old guard, Narflex, Opus4, Fuzzy etc. even use SageTV anymore. With some of the more prolific plugin developers fading away, it would seem we need fresh, computer savvy minds (which I sadly am not).
The problem is that fresh computer savvy folks are not watching lienar TV, they are far more likely to do everything via streaming so they have no use for SageTV. A possible exception is people who are into sports.

What the world needs now is a consolidater of streaming services.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
The problem is that fresh computer savvy folks are not watching lienar TV, they are far more likely to do everything via streaming so they have no use for SageTV. A possible exception is people who are into sports.

What the world needs now is a consolidater of streaming services.
Yes. It’s the whole Billie Eilish-has-never-heard-of-Van Helen-thing.
But even if some bright, plugin developer wrote streaming consolidation into Sage Open Source, wouldn’t the streaming companies just keep changing their methods?