SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
I quick question for Jvl711..

With the plug in (and the addition of this to Sage 9.2.2) how do we take advantage of the forced subtitles? Is there a menu option? I saw someone mention something about maybe having a line in the .properties files for the videos you want to force the subtitles on?

Tnx!
In theory, you do not have to do anything. Forced subtitled should display automatically with 9.2.2 and my plugin. The file needs to have a subtitle track marked as forced in the current default audio language.

Josh
Old 05-20-2020, 01:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
The files show up in the imported video titles category. The files do not show up in the music library. They are playable, but the timeline function doesn't work, it just stays stuck at 0:00:00. It does seem to use the video player as Sage presents the normal video menu when trying to play the file which it doesn't do when playing a music file. However, the LAV video filter is not loaded however when playing the file. If you drop the file into a Sage import folder you should be able to reproduce the results.

The rest of the FLAC files (without an image in the metadata) are in the music library, however I noticed that Sage is not recognizing the metadata. It's simply listing them as "unknown" and sorted by file name. I didn't notice prior because the mp3 files imported fine and the "unknown" category is at the bottom of the list.
I will add it to my import. I just wanted to make sure I knew what you were seeing. Does the flac files without the cover art seem to get identified properly and play? I am wondering the right approach to handle this. I think it is a new issue being able to see that track .

Josh
Old 05-20-2020, 02:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Does the flac files without the cover art seem to get identified properly and play? I am wondering the right approach to handle this. I think it is a new issue being able to see that track .

Josh
The flac files without cover art seem to be identified as a music file, are listed in the music library, and do play. However, the timeline function does not work properly on these files either. The metadata of the files is not being recognized properly, so all grouping by artist, album etc... is lost. This was being handled properly with the old parser and is still handled properly on mp3 files. If need be I can also provide a flac file without cover art as well.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
The flac files without cover art seem to be identified as a music file, are listed in the music library, and do play. However, the timeline function does not work properly on these files either. The metadata of the files is not being recognized properly, so all grouping by artist, album etc... is lost. This was being handled properly with the old parser and is still handled properly on mp3 files. If need be I can also provide a flac file without cover art as well.
I think I might exclude flac files from processing in the next version as I work out the kinks. I need to figure out the metadata issues, and the video track issue.

Since this seems to work well in the older ffmpeg version I do not think there is a big loss removing them for now.

Josh
Old 05-22-2020, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think I might exclude flac files from processing in the next version as I work out the kinks. I need to figure out the metadata issues, and the video track issue.

Since this seems to work well in the older ffmpeg version I do not think there is a big loss removing them for now.

Josh
Old 05-23-2020, 09:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Looks like .M4A files with an embedded image have the same problem. Is there something we can do now via properties? or does it require an update to have theses file types excluded from the new format detector?

John
Old 05-24-2020, 06:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Looks like .M4A files with an embedded image have the same problem. Is there something we can do now via properties? or does it require an update to have theses file types excluded from the new format detector?

John
Hi John,

Honestly I spent 0 time looking at audio files (mp3, flac). I primarily use sage for video files. I need to spend some more time looking into those formats, and there associated metadata.

For a stop gap I am going to disable the plugin from processing files were the first track is audio. That seems to be the best solution at this time for not having sage identify audio tracks as video. I need to look into two different items.

1. How does sage determine a track to be audio vs video. I have a feeling an if there is a video track present in a container anywhere than sage sees it as a video track.
2. I need to handle metadata, or at a minimum figure our why metadata is not working on flac.

You have .M4A files that are audio only? Do they also have metadata?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 05-26-2020, 02:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You have .M4A files that are audio only? Do they also have metadata?
Hi Josh, yes I have .MPA files with embedded metadata which includes an image and are being detected as videos and the other metadata is not being pulled. Looks like it's also not pulling the embedded metadata from .MP4 files.

I also had a problem playing .avi files on my HD300 after the re-scan, but need to investigate that more.

The other thing I've noticed is it's inconsistent with enabling subtitles for the force subtitle tracks. Some files it works fine, some it incorrectly enables the first subtitle track, but looking in the subtitle selection in SageTV it has another track flagged as forced.

I'll try and spend some time trying to identify if there's a commonality to the files that are having a problem

Thanks for your work on this, it's something I've been wishing for, for a long time

John
Old 05-28-2020, 01:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

New version posted

Hi,

Added new version of the library and the plugin. Temporarily disable processing of audio files until I can figure out the metadata and files that FFmpeg sees video tracks in.

For those who are interested in experimenting a little, I started adding code for this to be able to used in the SageTV plugin repository. I am not ready to post it yet, but you guys are can play with it if you would like. Below is my SageTVPluginsDev.xml. If you would like to use this I recommend manually removing the plugin and library first, then use the plugin manager to install.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PluginRepository version="2020.0118.2018">
<SageTVPlugin>
  <Name>Media Format Parser Plugin Windows x64</Name>
  <Identifier>MediaFormatParserPluginWinx64</Identifier>
  <Author>jvl711</Author>
  <CreationDate>2020.05.07</CreationDate>
  <ModificationDate>2020.05.27</ModificationDate>
  <Version beta="true">0.2</Version>
  <Desktop>false</Desktop>
  <Description>Media parser plugin based on FFmpeg</Description>
  <PluginType>Standard</PluginType>
  <ImplementationClass>jvl.mediaformat.MediaFormatParserPlugin</ImplementationClass>
  <Package>
    <PackageType>JAR</PackageType>
    <Location>https://github.com/jvl711/MediaFormatParserPlugin/releases/download/0.2.a-alpha/MediaFormatParserPlugin.jar</Location>
    <MD5>273d4f5f4ff0d9f79b4851a4b7109cc5</MD5>
  </Package>
  <ReleaseNotes>
  Testing
  </ReleaseNotes>  
  <Dependency>
    <Plugin>JavaFFmpegLibraryWinx64</Plugin>
    <MinVersion>0.3</MinVersion>
  </Dependency>  
</SageTVPlugin>
<SageTVPlugin>
	<Name>JavaFFmpegLibrary Windows x64</Name>
	<Identifier>JavaFFmpegLibraryWinx64</Identifier>
	<Description>JNI Wrapper library around FFmpeg library</Description>
	<Author>jvl711</Author>
	<CreationDate>2020.05.01</CreationDate>
	<ModificationDate>2020.05.27</ModificationDate>
	<Version>0.3</Version>
	<PluginType>Library</PluginType>
	<Desktop>false</Desktop>
	<Webpage>https://github.com/jvl711/JavaFFmpegLibrary</Webpage>
	<Package>
        <PackageType>System</PackageType>
        <Location>https://github.com/jvl711/JavaFFmpegLibrary/releases/download/v.0.3-alpha/JavaFFmpegLibraryWin64_v0.3-alpha.zip</Location>
        <MD5>f2b5e7f8723821de7217e655c95a4f3b</MD5>
    </Package>
</SageTVPlugin>
</PluginRepository>
Old 06-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Just wanted to give an update for people who may be following. I was able to get the metadata from the ffmpeg library. I was also able to get the thumbnail info, with a little bit of trickery... I am going to try and integrate and test both in the next few weeks, and put out another release.

Then I will probably re-enable the audio files to be detected.

Josh
Old 06-09-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the update. I have not experienced any issues since you temporarily reconfigured the format detector to ignore audio files.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

New release has been posted to Github. Here are the highlights

1. Metadata is being pulled for audio files
2. Thumbnails are getting properly identified for SageTV usage
3. Development for this to be a SageTV plugin is complete and tested.
4. I added properties to the plugin configuration screens
a. Debug logging (Verbose)
b. Ability to disable the SageTV .ts/.ps parser
c. Ability to disable my parser

From testing, disabling the internal parser (.ts/.ps), and allowing mine to identify those files has increased channel change fairly drastically. I am seeing 2-3 second channel changes on modest hardware using HDHomeRun.

I will push this to the SageTV plugin repository in the next few days.

Josh
Old 06-23-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
New release has been posted to Github. Here are the highlights

1. Metadata is being pulled for audio files
2. Thumbnails are getting properly identified for SageTV usage
3. Development for this to be a SageTV plugin is complete and tested.
4. I added properties to the plugin configuration screens
a. Debug logging (Verbose)
b. Ability to disable the SageTV .ts/.ps parser
c. Ability to disable my parser

From testing, disabling the internal parser (.ts/.ps), and allowing mine to identify those files has increased channel change fairly drastically. I am seeing 2-3 second channel changes on modest hardware using HDHomeRun.

I will push this to the SageTV plugin repository in the next few days.

Josh
Plugin is now available as a SageTV Plugin from the repository. It is under general and is named Media Format Parser Plugin Windows x32 and Media Format Parser Plugin Windows x64. Make sure to pick the right version for the SageTV Server you are running.

You may want to manually uninstall before you install the plugin. Otherwise the plugin installer will leave a lot of renamed files laying around.

Let me know if you guys see any issues.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Plugin is now available as a SageTV Plugin from the repository. It is under general and is named Media Format Parser Plugin Windows x32 and Media Format Parser Plugin Windows x64. Make sure to pick the right version for the SageTV Server you are running.

You may want to manually uninstall before you install the plugin. Otherwise the plugin installer will leave a lot of renamed files laying around.

Let me know if you guys see any issues.
I am getting not Compatible. Had to update to 9.2.2 now it is working.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-23-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I am getting not Compatible.

Sorry. Forgot to mention. You need to upgrade to 9.2.2 to use the Plugin from the repository. It needs to know that it has support for format plugins.

With the manual installation we were using a patched Sage.jar.

Josh
Old 06-23-2020, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry. Forgot to mention. You need to upgrade to 9.2.2 to use the Plugin from the repository. It needs to know that it has support for format plugins.

With the manual installation we were using a patched Sage.jar.

Josh
I got a failed where can I look. ?
Old 06-23-2020, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Code:
SageTVPlugin[javaffmpeglibrarywinx64 state=Failed name=JavaFFmpegLibrary Windows x64 version=0.4 type=Library desc=JNI Wrapper library around FFmpeg library for 64 bit SageTV author=jvl711 screenshots=null videos=null modified=6/18/2020 installed=6/23/2020 resPath= webpages=[https://github.com/jvl711/JavaFFmpegLibrary] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[httpcore state=Failed name=HttpCore version=4.4.3 type=Library desc=Apache HttpCore library - dependency only author=stuckless screenshots=null videos=null modified=12/12/2015 installed=11/22/2019 resPath=httpcore webpages=[http://hc.apache.org/] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[thetvdbapi state=Failed name=The TV DB Library version=1.8.0 type=Library desc=The TV DB Library author=stuckless screenshots=null videos=null modified=12/12/2015 installed=11/22/2019 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[hamcrest-core minVer=1.3 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[api-common minVer=2.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[httpcore minVer=4.4.3 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[commons-codec minVer=1.9 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[slf4j-log4j12 minVer=1.7.12 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[commons-logging minVer=1.2.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[slf4j-api minVer=1.7.12 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[log4j minVer=1.2.17 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[junit minVer=4.12.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[commons-lang3 minVer=3.4 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[httpclient minVer=4.5.1.0 type=Plugin]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[jackson-annotations state=Failed name=jackson-annotations Library version=2.9.8 type=Library desc=jackson-annotations library - dependency only author=SageTV screenshots=null videos=null modified=1/26/2019 installed=11/22/2019 resPath=jackson-annotations webpages=[http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/jackson-annotations/2.9.8/jackson-annotations-2.9.8.jar] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=9.0.7 type=Core]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[commons-dbutils state=Failed name=commons-dbutils version=1.3 type=Library desc=SageTV Dependency JAR Plugin for commons-dbutils-1.3.jar - no need to download directly author=stuckless screenshots=null videos=null modified=4/10/2010 installed=11/22/2019 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[jackson-core state=Failed name=jackson-core Library version=2.9.8 type=Library desc=jackson-core library - dependency only author=SageTV screenshots=null videos=null modified=1/26/2019 installed=11/22/2019 resPath=jackson-core webpages=[http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/jackson-core/2.9.8/jackson-core-2.9.8.jar] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=9.0.7 type=Core]] packages=null]
Old 06-23-2020, 12:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Code:
SageTVPlugin[javaffmpeglibrarywinx64 state=Failed name=JavaFFmpegLibrary Windows x64 version=0.4 type=Library desc=JNI Wrapper library around FFmpeg library for 64 bit SageTV author=jvl711 screenshots=null videos=null modified=6/18/2020 installed=6/23/2020 resPath= webpages=[https://github.com/jvl711/JavaFFmpegLibrary] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[httpcore state=Failed name=HttpCore version=4.4.3 type=Library desc=Apache HttpCore library - dependency only author=stuckless screenshots=null videos=null modified=12/12/2015 installed=11/22/2019 resPath=httpcore webpages=[http://hc.apache.org/] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[thetvdbapi state=Failed name=The TV DB Library version=1.8.0 type=Library desc=The TV DB Library author=stuckless screenshots=null videos=null modified=12/12/2015 installed=11/22/2019 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[hamcrest-core minVer=1.3 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[api-common minVer=2.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[httpcore minVer=4.4.3 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[commons-codec minVer=1.9 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[slf4j-log4j12 minVer=1.7.12 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[commons-logging minVer=1.2.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[slf4j-api minVer=1.7.12 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[log4j minVer=1.2.17 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[junit minVer=4.12.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[commons-lang3 minVer=3.4 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[httpclient minVer=4.5.1.0 type=Plugin]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[jackson-annotations state=Failed name=jackson-annotations Library version=2.9.8 type=Library desc=jackson-annotations library - dependency only author=SageTV screenshots=null videos=null modified=1/26/2019 installed=11/22/2019 resPath=jackson-annotations webpages=[http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/jackson-annotations/2.9.8/jackson-annotations-2.9.8.jar] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=9.0.7 type=Core]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[commons-dbutils state=Failed name=commons-dbutils version=1.3 type=Library desc=SageTV Dependency JAR Plugin for commons-dbutils-1.3.jar - no need to download directly author=stuckless screenshots=null videos=null modified=4/10/2010 installed=11/22/2019 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[jackson-core state=Failed name=jackson-core Library version=2.9.8 type=Library desc=jackson-core library - dependency only author=SageTV screenshots=null videos=null modified=1/26/2019 installed=11/22/2019 resPath=jackson-core webpages=[http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/jackson-core/2.9.8/jackson-core-2.9.8.jar] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=9.0.7 type=Core]] packages=null]

Wow. That log kinda stinks. It would be nice to know why it failed. Let me uninstall and install again on my test system. I will get back to you.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow. That log kinda stinks. It would be nice to know why it failed. Let me uninstall and install again on my test system. I will get back to you.
I have a feeling it conflicted with GemStone and CMT ... just a feeling.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I have a feeling it conflicted with GemStone and CMT ... just a feeling.
I uninstalled on my test system, and reinstalled and it seemed to work without issue. Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling, and then send me your server log of the install process. I want to see if there is a specific error.

I can PM you my email if you need it.

Josh