SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Just to add to this, I hide the keyboard with the back button, and then I move to the next field with the up/down, then hold the (middle round) select button to bring up the Stuckless menu and select the keyboard to get it back up for the next field.
Thank you for detailing those steps. Unfortunately that is the current process. I may look to see if there is someway to make it a little smoother, but I do think we will utilize the keyboard rarely, so I am not sure it is worth putting a lot of effort into.

I attempted to research making the login process easier, but there is no way to send a username and password to sage directly currently. I was hoping we could just store it with the server details, and send it when requested by the server. The current process is that sage checks to see if we have 'cached' credentials. If we do it asks us for them. If they do not match it prompts for the username and password on screen from the Sage server rendering of the UI. When you enter the correct credentials, with the automatically connect checked it sends back some sort of Hash token for us to store/cache. That token is then used for subsequent logins. It looks like the hashed token is stored on the Sage server with the username, and associated with the client.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 07-10-2020, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Yeah, publishing to the walled gardens is extremely time consuming. I continued with google store even though it was time consuming, and I would only publish to Amazon every few releases. It's sad when the effort to publish outweighs the effort to develop, but, that's the world we live in. There was a time I was considerably close to dropping the google play store as well due to the hurdles to republish a release. I guess in the end, I did drop publishing to both, but I feel the pain of the endless hurdles to publish (and re-publish) application.

For Amazon, I don't think I had to setup a server for it to work (at least I don't recall doing that). I did have a hell of time getting it published though. It took months if I recall. You'd think for a store as crappy as theirs, they wouldn't be so picky
lol. Yeah, my wife has a book she updates on Amazon, and every release, what her and her editor have to go through with regards to “we’ve changed this, we’ve changed that, relearn the process and submit again...” seems ridiculous. At least there’s still a version (Miniclient) that’s still available for people who find sideloading difficult.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I used kryptonyte’s method from post #174 - download to my phone, and push to the FireStick with the app he mentions. It installed fine.

I'm just trying to get it on my phone...
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Can you try the version on the playstore that I released a few weeks ago. Let me know if that works

Josh

Sure. I'll give that a go...
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-10-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Sure. I'll give that a go...

So without realizing it, I at some point installed yours. Duh on my part. Once I uninstalled you one in the store I was able to install the latest Beta... Sorry for the troubles. Too many icons on my phone I guess..

Old 07-10-2020, 11:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Amazon App Store Update

Hi all,

I have resubmitted to the Amazon App Store again. I created a test SageTV server in Azure if they really require the ability to login to a server to test the app sufficiently. I provided them with a link to a document that shows how to login with screen caps and details.

I think I might have created this issue by accident when I categorized the app as Movies/TV -> On Demand Video. They probably think this app is to access some VOD service. I reclassified as Utility -> Remote Access. Not sure how else to classify this application.

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully they will approve this one.

FYI, I re-branded the app to "SageTV Android Client".

Thanks,
Josh
Old 07-10-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hi all,

I have resubmitted to the Amazon App Store again. I created a test SageTV server in Azure if they really require the ability to login to a server to test the app sufficiently. I provided them with a link to a document that shows how to login with screen caps and details.

I think I might have created this issue by accident when I categorized the app as Movies/TV -> On Demand Video. They probably think this app is to access some VOD service. I reclassified as Utility -> Remote Access. Not sure how else to classify this application.

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully they will approve this one.

FYI, I re-branded the app to "SageTV Android Client".

Thanks,
Josh

Guys... I am about to throw in the towel with Amazon. This is the third different rejection I have gotten from them.

I have had none of these issues with Google. Extremely frustrating and time consuming!

Quote:

Your app submission does not meet one or more of our acceptance criteria for some or all targeted devices. Failure reason(s) are listed below:
Your app contains metadata [title, icon, description, screen shot, keywords] that could mislead customers, as the content resembles the content of another mobile application OR suggests another functionality.
You can view our guidelines on the Appstore Developer Portal.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Guys... I am about to throw in the towel with Amazon. This is the third different rejection I have gotten from them.

I have had none of these issues with Google. Extremely frustrating and time consuming!
For now just update the link in the first post here with the latest release. Thanks for trying.

Here is a drag and drop ADB Install from windows. Just change the IP to your device and drop APK on batchfile (adbinstallany.bat).

ADBINSTALL

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-10-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I am assuming they still see Stuckless’s 1.3 version in their automated mess? Do you deal with humans or machines while trying to get them to accept the updated version....is there any way to talk with a real person? I remember that was the only way my wife could sort out her book submission headaches. Thanks for all your work though
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-10-2020, 02:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I am assuming they still see Stuckless’s 1.3 version in their automated mess? Do you deal with humans or machines while trying to get them to accept the updated version....is there any way to talk with a real person? I remember that was the only way my wife could sort out her book submission headaches. Thanks for all your work though
That is a good question. I am not sure if a human reads my support request or not. I did try and contact the support. And I assume you are right that they are seeing the other app. I am surprised Google let me post it with the same name and everything. No questions asked.

Josh
Old 07-10-2020, 02:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I will add it to the list to look at. Not sure if it is mine, or ExoPlayer's issue.

Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
@jvl711 Do you think it will be possible to get this working? Thanks.
I have this "shuttle" problem too. I think it might be container related or maybe it's the Comskip plugin, but am not 100% sure on anything.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi All,

Here is a small beta release. I have updated the code so that
SageTV Android Client 1.5.2 Beta 1

Thanks,
Josh
Huh, this installs okay on my Samsung phone, but when I try to install on my Sony TV it says it's corrupt. Hmmm.

Edit: didn't want to install on itself, had too uninstall first.

Last edited by phelme; 07-10-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I have to admit, once I get an app working on a device, I could really care less if it updates automatically (and usually breaks something) these days. In fact, if it was working properly, and DIDN'T automatically update, I'd be ecstatic.

This is just my opinion, but if it was only available as an apk download, I'd be fine with not wasting time trying to get it approved by the android gods.

Something really off topic here, but when I installed the apk on my Galaxy Note phone, and it warned me that the app didn't need access to anything on my phone, it was like ... well, I can't even describe it how wonderful it was. It seems like it's been ages since I've installed anything without a warning that I'm giving it access to my photos, call history, credit rating, underwear drawer, and maybe the Pentagon.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I noticed that when setting up a Favorite by Title on the FireTV ... after you enter the title and hit next it backs all the way out to the Favorites Manger screen ? ... I believe this happens because the back button has focus.

When you do a favorite by keyword no button has focus and it works.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
I'm just trying to get it on my phone...
Hey, Steve. There are a few different ways to do this I suppose. I did uninstall the SageTV miniclient that I had on my phone originally (version 1.2.8 I think).

I downloaded the apk to my PC, then connected my phone to the PC with a USB cable and copied the apk to my phone's "download" directory. Using Samsung My Files I browsed to the "download" directory, found the apk and launched it to install. You might prefer trying to browse this forum with your phone and just download the apk directly to the phone.

Something interesting about the miniclient on a Galaxy phone; I was never able to use the phone's volume buttons to control volume for versions of the miniclient after 1.2.8. Not sure what changed, but I always kept the old 1.2.8 on my phone for this reason.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Hey, Steve. There are a few different ways to do this I suppose. I did uninstall the SageTV miniclient that I had on my phone originally (version 1.2.8 I think).

I downloaded the apk to my PC, then connected my phone to the PC with a USB cable and copied the apk to my phone's "download" directory. Using Samsung My Files I browsed to the "download" directory, found the apk and launched it to install. You might prefer trying to browse this forum with your phone and just download the apk directly to the phone.

Something interesting about the miniclient on a Galaxy phone; I was never able to use the phone's volume buttons to control volume for versions of the miniclient after 1.2.8. Not sure what changed, but I always kept the old 1.2.8 on my phone for this reason.
Can you actually change volume on your phone now?
Old 07-11-2020, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Removed Apps from online marketplaces

I've removed my SageTV MiniClient from Amazon and Google Play Store. It's sad, but, after spending about 10 minutes in each of those dev portals, I had to google how to remove the apps. I've had easier times cancelling a gym membership

I did try in Dec 2018 to update the Amazon one, but Amazon kept blocking it, even though it had accepted 2 previous versions. I finally gave up, and when I logged in today, I got a message that my app submission from 2018 was still pending.

Google is no better. I could remove my app (after googling how), but I have other apps in my console that have been removed by google (which fine), but I can't actually delete them now because google no longer gives me the option so they just sit there with a bright red error on them with no way to actually remove them.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've removed my SageTV MiniClient from Amazon and Google Play Store. It's sad, but, after spending about 10 minutes in each of those dev portals, I had to google how to remove the apps. I've had easier times cancelling a gym membership

I did try in Dec 2018 to update the Amazon one, but Amazon kept blocking it, even though it had accepted 2 previous versions. I finally gave up, and when I logged in today, I got a message that my app submission from 2018 was still pending.

Google is no better. I could remove my app (after googling how), but I have other apps in my console that have been removed by google (which fine), but I can't actually delete them now because google no longer gives me the option so they just sit there with a bright red error on them with no way to actually remove them.
Sad is right. Before you ride off into the sunset though...what wa the reason you never did an iOS version? I wonder if the Apple Store is just as stupid to deal with...
Old 07-11-2020, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sad is right. Before you ride off into the sunset though...what wa the reason you never did an iOS version? I wonder if the Apple Store is just as stupid to deal with...
It was my intention, which is why I picked libraries like LibGDX and IJKPlayer, since those were both available on iOS. I did some prototyping and it would have been possible, but the real reason I never did was that I had another app (unrelated to sagetv) and after way too many hurdles I just gave up on trying to publish to iOS. It made the Amazon experience seem joyful in comparison.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It was my intention, which is why I picked libraries like LibGDX and IJKPlayer, since those were both available on iOS. I did some prototyping and it would have been possible, but the real reason I never did was that I had another app (unrelated to sagetv) and after way too many hurdles I just gave up on trying to publish to iOS. It made the Amazon experience seem joyful in comparison.
wow. that's really sad. it makes you wonder why developers even bother.