SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 07-11-2020, 01:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Hi All,

Here is a small beta release. I have updated the code so that when on the FireTV if you hit the Back/Previous or the Next/PlayPause when the keyboard is shown it will close the keyboard.

Without this the keyboard was unusable, and without great effort using the Android client in Placeshifter mode was almost impossible because you could not put in a username and password.

Those who reported this on Fire stick please let me know how this looks.

SageTV Android Client 1.5.2 Beta 1

Thanks,
Josh
After sideloading this beta on my firestick, should it say 1.5.2? When I sideloaded the apk, it still says 1.5.1.

I'm sure it will work but I don't want to mess with the settings only to find out that it wasn't 1.5.2.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr View Post
After sideloading this beta on my firestick, should it say 1.5.2? When I sideloaded the apk, it still says 1.5.1.

I'm sure it will work but I don't want to mess with the settings only to find out that it wasn't 1.5.2.

Thanks for your help.
The latest release is in the first page of this thread.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66405
Old 07-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
The latest release is in the first page of this thread.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66405
Thank you. I understand that part. But the beta file is what I was interested in trying. Which my previous post shows that its 1.5.2 beta.

The apk file name shows 1.5.2 beta. When I install it on the firestick, it shows 1.5.1
Old 07-11-2020, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr View Post
Thank you. I understand that part. But the beta file is what I was interested in trying. Which my previous post shows that its 1.5.2 beta.

The apk file name shows 1.5.2 beta. When I install it on the firestick, it shows 1.5.1
There is no new beta latest release is just that the latest. Maybe Josh should take out those OLD Beta release links.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-11-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
There is no new beta latest release is just that the latest. Maybe Josh should take out those OLD Beta release links.
Thanks. I'm good. I already had a firestick with 1.5.1. I had a spare firestick so i thought about checking out that beta.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Can you actually change volume on your phone now?
No. Not without bringing up a media volume screen. It's pretty much why I keep an apk of 1.2.8 around, just for my phone, so I can change the volume with the physical buttons.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
No. Not without bringing up a media volume screen. It's pretty much why I keep an apk of 1.2.8 around, just for my phone, so I can change the volume with the physical buttons.
Good, thought it was just me. Phone only? Any other devices where volume doesn’t work for you? I’ll check my Firestick.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-12-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Status Update

Hi all,

Got good news and bad news.

Good news: My app got approved on Amazon.
Bad news: It did not pass on FireTV based devices. Mainly because of the login screen and the keyboard. I still have some work to do.

I am on vacation this week, so I may not have much to report for a few weeks.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 07-12-2020, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Enjoy your vacation time, Josh!
Old 07-12-2020, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Ditto, enjoy!
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-14-2020, 04:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I am on vacation this week, so I may not have much to report for a few weeks.
Vacation? What's that?

(Can we leave the house now?)
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 07-20-2020, 09:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up Re Android miniclient fork

https://www.aftvnews.com/sideload-ap...ck-downloader/

This app linked above is available in the amazon store for those with Firesticks and/or non phone android versions. This will allow for downloading apk files from browser. I also use something called Aptoide TV as an alternative app store. WARNING I use a vpn & they say to use one when accessing their store. This might be an alternative to downloading from Amazon appstore if for any reason they won't include this app in their store. I am picky on what apps I download. I use this for accessing geo blocked apps. Great work on your fork. I can relate to the forced recruitment. LOL that happened with me & my community association. Whatever happens your contribution is appreciated if it allows us to keep using Sagetv software.
P.S.
It would be great if you could solve the keyboard issues where it defaults to google keyboard overriding our Sagetv interface.

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 07-20-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

link to Aptoide TV

https://www.digitbin.com/aptoide-fire-tv/ * for info about the app

https://tv.aptoide.com/ * use this link for app download

This maybe of interest to those that use an android appstore other than google play and/or amazon

The Sagetv fork should already be there via my community share. Hope you don't mind Josh. If not it is easy enough to add. There you can push your updates too.

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 07-20-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
It would be great if you could solve the keyboard issues where it defaults to google keyboard overriding our Sagetv interface.
Could you provide more detail on what you mean by this? Are you talking about the login screen?

I think but am not certain that there are times that the STV handles the keyboard activities, and then there are times the client is supposed to. For instance it does not seem like the STV has an on screen keyboard for the login screen. I have had to do a number of work arounds to get that to work "OK" for the average user.

If there is another occasion where this is happening I could take a look at it.

Josh
Old 07-21-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
https://www.digitbin.com/aptoide-fire-tv/ * for info about the app

https://tv.aptoide.com/ * use this link for app download

This maybe of interest to those that use an android appstore other than google play and/or amazon

The Sagetv fork should already be there via my community share. Hope you don't mind Josh. If not it is easy enough to add. There you can push your updates too.
I do not mind at all. Thank you for posting it.

Josh
Old 07-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Status Update

Hi All,

Still working on Amazon App Store. I have had my 3rd or 4th rejection for yet another issue . They do not like that the application closes when you use the application switcher (Long press home, go to another application, then go back to SageTV). I am going to see if I can change the behavior so that it closes the connection and goes to the lean back launcher instead of completely closing out. Maybe this will pass.

Anyway. Wanted to let you guys know that I am still trying, and making some slow progress with them.

Josh
Old 07-21-2020, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it’s safe to say we ALL appreciate what you’re doing. Why do you think Amazon wants it this way?
Old 07-24-2020, 07:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Good news everyone!

I was able to get the Android Client approved on Amazon App Store! It is now available on Most amazon devices. I had to make a few changes for approval, which I am going add to the next release.

1. When on the login screen for placeshifter when you hit the DPAD select key and the keyboard is not shown, it will open the keyboard. I needed to do this to make the login screen acceptable to them. It does make logging in easier.

2. I removed the property that would go to the home screen when closing the connection. This property produced unexpected behavior in certain situations. This setting was set on by default, and I was worried that just changing the default may not pass if I got the same tester. So to make sure this would pass I removed the option.

If you notice that the icon on the home screen is gray or not properly displaying you can click the options button when the icon is selected and remove it from the recently used apps list. The next time you launch the app it will re add the icon properly.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 07-24-2020, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Good news everyone!

I was able to get the Android Client approved on Amazon App Store! It is now available on Most amazon devices. I had to make a few changes for approval, which I am going add to the next release.

1. When on the login screen for placeshifter when you hit the DPAD select key and the keyboard is not shown, it will open the keyboard. I needed to do this to make the login screen acceptable to them. It does make logging in easier.

2. I removed the property that would go to the home screen when closing the connection. This property produced unexpected behavior in certain situations. This setting was set on by default, and I was worried that just changing the default may not pass if I got the same tester. So to make sure this would pass I removed the option.

If you notice that the icon on the home screen is gray or not properly displaying you can click the options button when the icon is selected and remove it from the recently used apps list. The next time you launch the app it will re add the icon properly.

Thanks,
Josh
Downloaded and Installed Icon looks great.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Downloaded and Installed Icon looks great.
Thank you! Amazon uses a 1280x720 file for the icon. I could not find a large enough SageTV logo for it, so I spent a few hours looking for a font that was similar. Found one of Googles fonts that was very similar. Only minor differences. I did my best to recreate it in a larger size. Glad that you like it!

Josh