SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Can you post a screen cap of the details screen of one of the recordings. I would like to know what SageTV thinks the audio and video are. I am wondering if it does not know what the audio is, and it is trying to transcode it.
Yes sure. Here's the screenshot. I have tried installing the Android app on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5, A7 and also my brother in law has tried it on an Nvidia Shield using his sage setup. On all of these occasions the video has played without sound through the app when exoplayer is unticked and not at all when it is ticked.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this and any suggestions are much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201104_160122.jpg (268.9 KB, 140 views)
Old 11-04-2020, 03:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
I tested the change to opendct.consumer.FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl on the Prime devices with a new recording made on a known channel (Fox) giving me halts at my remote location and it played using the Firestick 4K, but the halts remained. The MSNBC channel records and plays fine, as do recordings played with Emby or the HD-300 as a placeshifter.
For Some reason my OpenDCT stopped working(including on HD200) so I reverted back to native SageTV support for my HDHomeRun Quatro. I know jvl711 said IJK is not going to be developed but the best results I had is using software decoders for all my live/recorded streams. This includes FireTV device going back to 1st gen. Everything I tried it will play with minor tearing artifacts. I believe not all streams are created equal and this is why ExoPlayer works for some and not others. Hope in the future ExoPlayer will be able to play streams no matter how the stream is formatted. In the mean time software decoding surprisingly works well.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Version 1.7.0 in the works

Hi All,

I have posted a beta to my Patreon supporters. I am going to give them a week or so to test and let me know what they think. If all goes will I will publish this build.

Here is a link to what is going to be included at this time: https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...t/milestone/10

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
For Some reason my OpenDCT stopped working(including on HD200) so I reverted back to native SageTV support for my HDHomeRun Quatro. I know jvl711 said IJK is not going to be developed but the best results I had is using software decoders for all my live/recorded streams. This includes FireTV device going back to 1st gen. Everything I tried it will play with minor tearing artifacts. I believe not all streams are created equal and this is why ExoPlayer works for some and not others. Hope in the future ExoPlayer will be able to play streams no matter how the stream is formatted. In the mean time software decoding surprisingly works well.
The other option you can try is the fixed transcoding support that I created. That allows for realtime transcoding to HD. You will need to use a beta Sage.jar file to use this feature. I may enhance this to do a stream copy of video/audio to MKV container in the future. This would allow to fix your issue without needing to use much CPU.

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The other option you can try is the fixed transcoding support that I created. That allows for realtime transcoding to HD. You will need to use a beta Sage.jar file to use this feature. I may enhance this to do a stream copy of video/audio to MKV container in the future. This would allow to fix your issue without needing to use much CPU.

Thanks,
Josh
I tried fixed transcoding but I noticed that my server would peak in CPU usage (FX-8350....I know this processor is weak compared to newer processors but so far is able to 3x HD200 along with Unraid's file sharing). Although usable this would not be a good option when multiple clients are streaming. It would be great if the source can be stream fixed at the server thus not requiring full transcoding. Thanks jvl711...and if you need more example stream let me know.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I see the Show "I can See your Voice" freezes this app when using fanart ... I remember Android MiniClient cannot handle long file names is this correct ?

The Title is something like this ....

I can See your Voice: Donny Osmond, Bob Saget, Finesse Mitchell, Cheryl Hines, Adrienne Houghton

Ahhh found it ....

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=4

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-12-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Version 1.7.0 has been posted

Release Notes

1.7.0 (11/12/2020)
- Playing back active recording TV seeking issue with ExoPlayer: Issue #96
- Frame Advance & Slow Motion Advance enhancement: Issue #91
- Upgrade to ExoPlayer 2.12.1 enhancement: Issue #95
- Full-Screen On Screen Navigation enhancement: Issue #42
- Issue with keyboard and favorites on the FireTV: Issue #92
- Error connecting to server when using fixed Transcoding/Streaming: Issue #97
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 11-12-2020, 03:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I see the Show "I can See your Voice" freezes this app when using fanart ... I remember Android MiniClient cannot handle long file names is this correct ?

The Title is something like this ....

I can See your Voice: Donny Osmond, Bob Saget, Finesse Mitchell, Cheryl Hines, Adrienne Houghton

Ahhh found it ....

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=4
Do you think this issue might be the same issue?

https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...ient/issues/73
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 11-12-2020, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you think this issue might be the same issue?

https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...ient/issues/73
Looks like it... I had to delete the file and watch it on line.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Release Notes

1.7.0 (11/12/2020)
- Playing back active recording TV seeking issue with ExoPlayer: Issue #96
- Frame Advance & Slow Motion Advance enhancement: Issue #91
- Upgrade to ExoPlayer 2.12.1 enhancement: Issue #95
- Full-Screen On Screen Navigation enhancement: Issue #42
- Issue with keyboard and favorites on the FireTV: Issue #92
- Error connecting to server when using fixed Transcoding/Streaming: Issue #97

I assume this requires your sage.jar ?
Add the ability to do Stream Copy from transcoder to the Android Client
Old 11-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just tried this version on my Galaxy S20+ phone, and decided to re-enable Exoplayer and see what happens. Well, I tried to watch an HDPVR recording and it locked up my Sage docker. I had to restart it. Attached is the last of the log file before the lockup, basically trying to start up playback on my phone.

Maybe I shot myself in the foot though, as I had been using the modified JAR and recently changed back to the standard JAR file to troubleshoot a different problem.

As nyplayer asked, is the custom JAR required? Switching back to IJK seems to work though.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sage-lockup-log.txt (9.1 KB, 127 views)
Old 11-13-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I assume this requires your sage.jar ?
Add the ability to do Stream Copy from transcoder to the Android Client

I did not code that yet? It is in backlog on the issue list.

If the question is, will it require a update to Sage.jar, than the answer is yes. I am also hesitant to add that functionallity without first completing my project to update the SageTVTranscoder.

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 11-13-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I did not code that yet? It is in backlog on the issue list.

If the question is, will it require a update to Sage.jar, than the answer is yes. I am also hesitant to add that functionallity without first completing my project to update the SageTVTranscoder.

Thanks,
Josh
You posted a beta sage.jar a couple of months ago. I and I think nyplayer were referring to that one.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
You posted a beta sage.jar a couple of months ago. I and I think nyplayer were referring to that one.
I know, but I did not add functionality for Stream Copy yet. That beta Sage.jar is only for the additional settings I added for HD Transcoding (720/1080, 5.1 Sound, MKV Container, etc...).

Steam Copy is on the backlog of items of enhancements in the issues list in Github.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 11-13-2020, 08:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I just tried this version on my Galaxy S20+ phone, and decided to re-enable Exoplayer and see what happens. Well, I tried to watch an HDPVR recording and it locked up my Sage docker. I had to restart it. Attached is the last of the log file before the lockup, basically trying to start up playback on my phone.

Maybe I shot myself in the foot though, as I had been using the modified JAR and recently changed back to the standard JAR file to troubleshoot a different problem.

As nyplayer asked, is the custom JAR required? Switching back to IJK seems to work though.
The Sage.jar is only required when you use "Fixed" stream type, with the new settings. I have not tested it, but if you do not use the new jar, and you use one of the new settings, I think it just defaults to a supported setting.

The changes for the beta Sage.jar have already been reviewed and accepted by Narflex into the source code, there has just not been a new "Official" build yet.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 11-13-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Those were the last lines in the SageTV log? If so, that would lead me to believe there may have been an issue with the Mpeg Remuxer. Was there possibly a crash file from the JVM as well in the directory around the same time?

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 11-13-2020, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I know, but I did not add functionality for Stream Copy yet. That beta Sage.jar is only for the additional settings I added for HD Transcoding (720/1080, 5.1 Sound, MKV Container, etc...).

Steam Copy is on the backlog of items of enhancements in the issues list in Github.

Josh
That's why we keep you around, to keep us straight on this stuff.

Quote:
Those were the last lines in the SageTV log? If so, that would lead me to believe there may have been an issue with the Mpeg Remuxer. Was there possibly a crash file from the JVM as well in the directory around the same time?

Josh
I don't see anything resembling a crash file unfortunately.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Remote Viewing on my Samsung Note9 works great using Josh's jar. I am using Exoplayer. OPENDCT Subtitles work also.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-13-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Still no idea why I got the system crash. All has worked fine since I reverted my phone back to IJK player.

On another note, I just got a new Sony 4K X900H TV, that runs Android TV. On a lark I decided to install the Miniclient on it, and it installs and works very well. So far, the only thing I can't make work is popping up the options menu for the recordings view so I can change the sort order. I'm using all the default settings including Exoplayer.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Still no idea why I got the system crash. All has worked fine since I reverted my phone back to IJK player.

On another note, I just got a new Sony 4K X900H TV, that runs Android TV. On a lark I decided to install the Miniclient on it, and it installs and works very well. So far, the only thing I can't make work is popping up the options menu for the recordings view so I can change the sort order. I'm using all the default settings including Exoplayer.
This may be kind of awkward but assuming that you have the SageTV web UI installed then you can use the remote control on the web UI to hit the options key.