SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

While trying to watch Comedy Central (TVE) and getting a black screen I ran the command:
Quote:
adb -s 192.168.1.162 logcat

And snipped the following. The timeout you see continues on to infinity. If there is a more direct debug output needed just send me the command to run.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt (23.8 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by boukmandutty; 01-26-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here is a bit with some of the information that comes before the timeouts. I dont know if it gives you a sense of what the player is trying to do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat 2.txt (8.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-26-2022, 09:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Beta 1.10.1

Hi All,

Can you guys test this version and see if it resolves some, or all of the issues.

Thanks,
Josh

https://nextcloud.joshandmonique.com...5rpHNGqZQQ2od6
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
Here is part of the sagetv_0.txt file that I think you want? Also, I sideloaded the 1.9.3 version on one of my Shields and on a clean install it works perfectly... Do you know if this will stay at this version since I loaded it or will it get updated again?
Code:
FORMATERROR UNABLE TO PARSE FILE TYPE FOR FILE: /unraid/recordings/CBSMornings-4331434-0.ts
This error looks interesting. I am not sure why we are seeing this error.
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Hi All,

Can you guys test this version and see if it resolves some, or all of the issues.

Thanks,
Josh

TVE channels are working now.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
TVE channels are working now.
Excellent. If I get more positive feedback I will push this for release.

I am sorry this made it thru testing. I am sorry about that guys. .

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 01-26-2022, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Josh

Just wanted to fill you in on something that just happened. Not sure if it's helpful.

Last night to this AM, I tried:

- disabling the Media Format Parser plugin - no change
- re-enabled the Media Format Parser - no change
- deleted the Transcoder plugin and then Sage restart - no change
- reinstalled the Transcoder plugin. Did not test after this...

- Noticed while on my Win10 Sage server this morning that it was wanting some Win patches installed. Did those, and fully restarted the machine running Sage.

- Just went to replicate the problem for the SageTV log to send you, and now suddenly my HDPVR recordings are working on at least one of my Shields using "Dynamic" and IJK. EXO throws an exception error when trying watch the HDPVR M2TS files, though can't remember if this was always the case and why I've been using IJK...

I'm not sure if this helps or just muddies the water here. It's now working on my Samsung phone using IJK and Dynamic as well. Busy with work now, but later tonight I will try on all Shields, and will also try side loading your new APK on the Shields once I figure out how to do that.
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-26-2022, 10:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Just wanted to fill you in on something that just happened. Not sure if it's helpful.

Last night to this AM, I tried:

- disabling the Media Format Parser plugin - no change
- re-enabled the Media Format Parser - no change
- deleted the Transcoder plugin and then Sage restart - no change
- reinstalled the Transcoder plugin. Did not test after this...

- Noticed while on my Win10 Sage server this morning that it was wanting some Win patches installed. Did those, and fully restarted the machine running Sage.

- Just went to replicate the problem for the SageTV log to send you, and now suddenly my HDPVR recordings are working on at least one of my Shields using "Dynamic" and IJK. EXO throws an exception error when trying watch the HDPVR M2TS files, though can't remember if this was always the case and why I've been using IJK...

I'm not sure if this helps or just muddies the water here. It's now working on my Samsung phone using IJK and Dynamic as well. Busy with work now, but later tonight I will try on all Shields, and will also try side loading your new APK on the Shields once I figure out how to do that.
Interesting feedback!
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 01-26-2022, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Josh

So, I uninstalled 1.9.3 which I reinstalled earlier, then installed this version. I changed nothing else from how it installed. I am now able to watch Live TV from Cable and OTA tuners which I could not do earlier. However the below finding from earlier are still the same:

Tried to watch an MKV Stored Video - Played fine
Tried to watch an M4V Stored Video - Black Screen
Tried to watch an MP4 Stored Video - Black Screen
Old 01-26-2022, 10:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
So, I uninstalled 1.9.3 which I reinstalled earlier, then installed this version. I changed nothing else from how it installed. I am now able to watch Live TV from Cable and OTA tuners which I could not do earlier. However the below finding from earlier are still the same:

Tried to watch an MKV Stored Video - Played fine
Tried to watch an M4V Stored Video - Black Screen
Tried to watch an MP4 Stored Video - Black Screen
Could you go into Container and Codec settings and disable MPEG-4 support and let me know if that works.

Android TV does not fully support MPEG-4. So it reports that it does, but it only supports some MPEG-4 profiles.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 01-26-2022, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Josh

Looks great everthing is playing.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Could you go into Container and Codec settings and disable MPEG-4 support and let me know if that works.

Josh
I disabled 3 items referencing MPEG-4. One in the container area and two under Video Codecs. No change, still black screen with those two formats.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been testing some of the possible settings. The only one which appears to give me some problems with live tv (TVE) playback is when I set

Streaming Mode = Fixed

Fixed Transcoding Settings --> Transcoding Preference = Always
--> Container Format = MKV

Fixed Remuxing Settings. --> Remuxing Settings = Always
--> Remuxing Container Format = MKV

Some channels give me a black screen with that setting or the Client appears to retune the previous channel that was working. (In reality it simply has not tuned the problematic channels)

To be clear, I typically don't use this setting. I use Dynamic and remuxing and transcoding when needed. TVE seems to work perfectly with this latest version using my usual settings.

Last edited by boukmandutty; 01-26-2022 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
I have been testing some of the possible settings. The only one which appears to give me some problems with live tv (TVE) playback is when I set

Streaming Mode = Fixed

Fixed Transcoding Settings --> Transcoding Preference = Always
--> Container Format = MKV

Fixed Remuxing Settings. --> Remuxing Settings = Always
--> Remuxing Container Format = MKV

Some channels give me a black screen with that setting or the Client appears to retune the previous channel that was working. (In reality it simply has not tuned the problematic channels)

To be clear, I typically don't use this setting. I use Dynamic and remuxing and transcoding when needed. TVE seems to work perfectly with this latest version using my usual settings.
I find Channel changes using TVE and OTA are much quicker now. I disabled MPeg2 Transport stream on my FireTV 4K.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-26-2022 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Version 1.10.1 is posted to Amazon/Google/GitHub. It may take a day or so for the releases to get approved and start rolling out. You can sideload from GitHub in the mean time if needed.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 01-26-2022, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Version 1.10.1 is posted to Amazon/Google/GitHub. It may take a day or so for the releases to get approved and start rolling out. You can sideload from GitHub in the mean time if needed.

Josh
Thanks this has been a great release everything is much smoother.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Do you happen to know the container and codec of the TVE channels. I am struggling to find a common thread here. The only one I am seeing is that it seems to be impacting the Shields mainly. I have not heard anyone mention any other devices yet.

Josh
Just a brief data point- this affected me on Chromecast for Google TVs as well. Was especially confusing since one worked and the other didn't... Until the other updated too! Just side loaded 1.10.1 and it seems to work again. Thanks for the quick fix Josh!
Old 01-26-2022, 08:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I might be late to the game but just wanted to note that I am also having issues, but my symptoms are slightly different.

SageTV Client is nVidia ShieldTV (2019) with the 9.0 update.
SageTV Server is the latest Docker from SageTVOpen (although I was also runing the old Stuckless container when the problem first appeared, the update changed nothing).
Tuner is an HDHR Quad (OTA only, no other sources)

LiveTV gives me 1-2 seconds of audio and video, then just stops and returns to the guide screen. I have no issues playing back previously recorded material (that I have discovered).

I found the 1.10.1 update on the play store and manually updated it. This seems to have fixed it...

Thank you!
Old 01-26-2022, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Interesting feedback!
Tried the other 2 Shields this evening, and they are working properly now like the 1 other Shield and my Galaxy S21 Ultra...

Not sure why the steps I mentioned with removing and re-installing those plugins plus the workstation reboot ultimately fixed my problems, or what part if the chain it was since I didn't test after the reinstall of the transcoder plugin prior to the reboot of the PC running SageTV server.

Will still go ahead and let them all update to your latest version to see what happens.

Thanks!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-27-2022, 06:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Android TV does not fully support MPEG-4. So it reports that it does, but it only supports some MPEG-4 profiles.

Josh
Normal Live TV is working fine again and I am able to watch Live TV on all my Android devices. However I am still unable to watch M4V and MP4 imported videos. MKV videos play fine. If it is possible to fix this so these can be watched again that would be awesome. No big rush as I have VLC and Plex to watch the videos for now.

Also, side question? What does TVE stand for. Sorry, but that Acronym is a new one to me.....