SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
Normal Live TV is working fine again and I am able to watch Live TV on all my Android devices. However I am still unable to watch M4V and MP4 imported videos. MKV videos play fine. If it is possible to fix this so these can be watched again that would be awesome. No big rush as I have VLC and Plex to watch the videos for now.

Also, side question? What does TVE stand for. Sorry, but that Acronym is a new one to me.....
Would you be able to provide me a sample file so that I can debug further?

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Would you be able to provide me a sample file so that I can debug further?

Thanks,
Josh
I would be more than happy to provide you one or more videos for Debugging. Not sure how to get them to you. Let me know....
Old 01-27-2022, 08:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
I would be more than happy to provide you one or more videos for Debugging. Not sure how to get them to you. Let me know....
I will PM you a link to a folder that you can upload too.
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

First thanks jvl711 for work to the Mini Client. I'm trying to get my Recording from OTA HDHR using OPENDCT to play nice with the Client. If I use Exoplayer/Dynamic the playback it is choppy or gets source error. I also tried remuxing always to MKV and disabling MPEG-TS which also did not help. The only way I can get it playback is to use Fixed and Transcode always.

Playback of from PlutoTV using Exoplayer/Dynamic works perfectly. The problem with PlutoTV if I turn on remuxing or transcoding I get a black screen and no video. How do I troubleshoot or where to get status of how it is transcoding?
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...12&postcount=1

The problem I having is finding setup that works from both sources. Right now I have to switch setting depending what source is being watch. I feel it would be better to get the OTA HDHR to not do transcoding. Since they are tune with OpenDCT is there some setting I can use that will make the MiniClient like the stream?

Testing was done on Nvidia Shield Tube. The Server is the latest version in Unraid docker. Also installed is SageTVTranscoder plugin. Also if helps when using the windows version of Placeshifiter both source work correctly. Any ideas are welcom

Attached the sagetv_0.txt when liveTV is tuned from HDHR OpenDCT tuner using Exoplayer/Dynamic
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (65.1 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by hvymetal; 01-28-2022 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV Android Fire Stick now fails playback

I have 2 Fire Sticks, both show the same issue.

I was happily using this and it was working well for more than a year. Suddenly, when I launch a currently recording or previously recorded video from my SageTV server, I get a blank screen and no audio. I can play the same video successfully with VLC. Switching to IJKPLayer - same result.

Perhaps there was a Fire Stick or Android update that has broken this? Would love to see a fix for this.

PS - I tried the same scenario with SageTV Android on my Nvidia Shield Pro, still works fine.

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.
Clients: (3x) SageTV HD-200, (1x) SageTV HD-300, SageTV Client on several PC's, SageTV Android on FireSticks and Nvidia Shield Pro/SIZE]

Last edited by Swagger200; 01-28-2022 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay I found some interesting discovery. Since I was using generic PIPE with OpenDCT and streamlink I figured I test tuning the HDHR directly with a static build of FFMPEG. The result is perfect with the MiniClient using ExoPlayer/Dynamic. I think this means somewhere the SageTV/OpenDCT transcoder is not really doing a stream copy as it suppose to. Also it might be caused by OpenDCT/SageTV FFMPEG code version is old and not updated.

Code:
1.  Copy the contents to /opt/HDHR_Tuner.sh

#### START HDHR_Tuner.sh
ch_num=$1
HDHR_ip=192.168.10.116
HDHR_port=5004
/opt/opendct/ffmpeg -nostats -hide_banner -i http://$HDHR_ip:$HDHR_port/auto/v$ch_num -c copy -f mpegts -mpegts_service_type advanced_codec_digital_hdtv pipe:1

ch_num=
#### END HDHR_Tuner.sh

2.  set execute rights chmod 777 /opt/HDHR_Tuner.sh
3.  Unzip/UnTar Static build of FFMPEG to /opt  (https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/)
4.  Set execute rights chmod 777 /opt/ffmpeg

####Install OpenDCT generic.pipe.device tuner 
##1.  Stop Standalone OpenDCT Docker
##2.  Modify opendct.properties by adding  tuners generic.pipe.device_names_csv=HDHR01, HDHR02, HDHR03, HDHR04 
##3.  Start Standalone OpenDCT Docker wait 10 secs
##4.  Stop Standalone OpenDCT Docker
##5.  Find HDHR01 find ID of tuner as follows: sagetv.device.76468307.device_name=HDHR01
##6.  Modifiy sagetv.device.76468307.streaming_executable. 
##      sagetv.device.76468307.streaming_executable=./HDHR_Tuner.sh %c%
	sagetv.device.76468307.consumer=opendct.consumer.MediaServerConsumerImpl
        sagetv.device.76468307.fast_network_encoder_switch=false
##7.  Repeat 5-6 for the qty of tuners add in step 2
The HDHR will automatically pick a free tuner

Last edited by hvymetal; 01-28-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger200 View Post
I have 2 Fire Sticks, both show the same issue.

I was happily using this and it was working well for more than a year. Suddenly, when I launch a currently recording or previously recorded video from my SageTV server, I get a blank screen and no audio. I can play the same video successfully with VLC. Switching to IJKPLayer - same result.

Perhaps there was a Fire Stick or Android update that has broken this? Would love to see a fix for this.

PS - I tried the same scenario with SageTV Android on my Nvidia Shield Pro, still works fine.

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.
Same for me, and that includes a Samsung S21 Android phone as well. I had ‘some’ luck adjusting the bit rate down to the minimum, just to get playback. However, that’s the first time I’ve had to do that.
I also uninstalled the app, and then after reinstalling, deleted all the preset server addresses which remained, and then reentered all that network info. Now, it seems to be working a little better?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 01-29-2022 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

My Amazon Firesticks are on v1.10. I get good video, but garbled audio. It has a very fast rhythmic glitch to it and it is higher in pitch than normal. I use a cable card tuner and OpenDTC to record.

I tried on my Android phone and have worse results. I run Android 12 on my Google Pixel 6 and I get only a black screen and the same gargled audio. I tried rolling back to 1.93 and still had the same results. I also upgraded to 1.10.2 and still have the same results.

I've never had an issue with my recordings prior to this update in either my phone or Firesticks.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 01-31-2022, 05:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had to revert to a prior build as I was unable to use Exoplayer on my 4k Firestick. No video or audio with Exoplayer even after playing with numerous settings.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I had to revert to a prior build as I was unable to use Exoplayer on my 4k Firestick. No video or audio with Exoplayer even after playing with numerous settings.
Which version is working for you please? And may I ask how to get it - does it require side-loading and/or jailbreak?

Thanks
Clients: (3x) SageTV HD-200, (1x) SageTV HD-300, SageTV Client on several PC's, SageTV Android on FireSticks and Nvidia Shield Pro/SIZE]
Old 01-31-2022, 05:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Which version is working for you please? And may I ask how to get it - does it require side-loading and/or jailbreak?

Thanks
Hi all,

Amazon App Store is taking an extremely long time to review and approve version 1.10.1. I published the release on the 26th, and it is still under review.

All released version on available on GitHub if you want to manually upgrade (Sideload).

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 01-31-2022, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Can anyone post a link to how to sideload. I haven't used my ATV box - is this still the best process: https://www.howtogeek.com/280763/how...on-android-tv/
Old 01-31-2022, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
FYI. look what one can do under Windows 11 as of today

I have a Windows 10 dual monitor setup. If I upgraded to Windows 11, could I run a native Windows SageTV client on one monitor, and the Android SageTV miniclient (via WSA) on the other monitor? So I could watch two live sporting events side-by-side?

Unless someone has a better way to do this...
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 01-31-2022, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I have a Windows 10 dual monitor setup. If I upgraded to Windows 11, could I run a native Windows SageTV client on one monitor, and the Android SageTV miniclient (via WSA) on the other monitor? So I could watch two live sporting events side-by-side?

Unless someone has a better way to do this...
You can run multiple placeshifters on windows..

Code:
java -cp MiniClient.jar;jogl.jar;gluegen-rt.jar -Xmx1024m sage.miniclient.MiniClient -mac 00:01:23:45:67:99 192.168.0.143

I use a bat file for each and just use a different fake Mac address.

K
Old 01-31-2022, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Doesn't Placeshifter still choke on 1080i files?
Old 02-01-2022, 06:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Thanks
I reverted to version 1.9.1. I downloaded and installed it using the Downloader app you can find in the Amazon store. In settings on your Firestick you must allow apps from unknown sources in Developer settings.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
It looks like Nvidia broke a bunch of things, including Plex, and there is a mention of permissions needing to be fixed.

Link here:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/19/2...11-update-bugs

problem: when connecting via sagetv client on shield pro (after update to latest android 11 version), i could not get any video, even a menu, after connecting to sagetv server.

update: i found that i was running client v1.4 on my nvidia shield pro and that installing the latest v1.10 client fixed the problem.

however, i was on v1.4 because the android app store was not automatically updating my sagetv client. when i went to the app store directly, i found the client and had an option to install (not upgrade) which went fine, but i now have 2 different sagetv client apps installed. i don't know why v1.4 wasn't getting updated automatically, but when i use the v1.10, all seems fine (so far) with the latest shield on android 11.

any ideas why the app wasn't getting updated automatically?
Old 02-02-2022, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
problem: when connecting via sagetv client on shield pro (after update to latest android 11 version), i could not get any video, even a menu, after connecting to sagetv server.

update: i found that i was running client v1.4 on my nvidia shield pro and that installing the latest v1.10 client fixed the problem.

however, i was on v1.4 because the android app store was not automatically updating my sagetv client. when i went to the app store directly, i found the client and had an option to install (not upgrade) which went fine, but i now have 2 different sagetv client apps installed. i don't know why v1.4 wasn't getting updated automatically, but when i use the v1.10, all seems fine (so far) with the latest shield on android 11.

any ideas why the app wasn't getting updated automatically?

This app (the 1.10 app you have installed) is a fork of the original SageTV android app. The 1.4 app you have installed is the older original app that isn't being supported and hasn't seen an update in a while (years??). The newer fork/app is obviously being supported and made better. Technically it is a different app however (because jvl711 wouldn't have had developer access to the original app on any of the "stores") and that's why you now have two SageTV apps.

You should uninstall the old 1.4 version and stick with the 1.10 version which should be automatically upgraded going forward.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all

Last edited by sic0048; 02-02-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
This app (the 1.10 app you have installed) is a fork of the original SageTV android app. The 1.4 app you have installed is the older original app that isn't being supported and hasn't seen an update in a while (years??). The newer fork/app is obviously being supported and made better. Technically it is a different app however (because jvl711 wouldn't have had developer access to the original app on any of the "stores") and that's why you now have two SageTV apps.

You should uninstall the old 1.4 version and stick with the 1.10 version which should be automatically upgraded going forward.

thanks!
that's what happens when you (me) don't pay attention to the word "fork"

GO TEAM SAGETV!
Old 02-02-2022, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

ExoPlayer or IJKPlayer - arghhh.

In most instances including Windows 10 Sagetv server, and Android-based clients, is there a de facto set of starting settings that makes this run nicely?

ExoPlayer and IJKPlayer: which one? Why?

I kept getting ExoPlayer fails, so switched to IJK, where I could at least lower the bitrate, which enabled me to actually watch.

But I’m reading here and nearly everyone uses ExoPlayer?

What would be reasons Exo doesn’t want to play nice?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson