SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 03-31-2023, 11:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does upgrading erase key mappings?

So hopefully this is a silly question: if I update the miniclient through the Google store, do the key mappings persist across the upgrade? I spent a lot of time getting things set up for my remote and it is keeping me from updating the miniclient. Thanks for clearing up my befuddlement!
Old 04-12-2023, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone have experience with this?
Old 04-13-2023, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know for sure, but a simple update should not delete your user data. Therefore I think it is pretty safe to update and keep your custom button mappings.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 04-19-2023, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

hmm. anyone getting captions to work on the Google TV with Chromecast stick? Works for me on the Fire Stick 4K just fine. using ExoPlayer with both and the app version seems to be the same.

the subtitles track shows up as an option on the Chromecast to select, but the words just don't display at all.

BTW, have we lost jvl (Josh)? been a while since I've seen him around here or on the repository.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
hmm. anyone getting captions to work on the Google TV with Chromecast stick? Works for me on the Fire Stick 4K just fine. using ExoPlayer with both and the app version seems to be the same.
I never can get CC working other than PBS channel with Firestick and Nvidia Player. I'm using HDHR and FTA channel with OpenDCT. Out of curiosity what tuner are you using when you get it to work?
Old 04-20-2023, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
I never can get CC working other than PBS channel with Firestick and Nvidia Player. I'm using HDHR and FTA channel with OpenDCT. Out of curiosity what tuner are you using when you get it to work?
An HDHomeRun Prime and Comcast. I capture through PrimeNetworkEncoder, never bothered changing to OpenDCT.

Unfortunately, Hauppauge never got around to figuring out how to grab the CC data off the DirecTV bitstream for the HD PVR's (either too complicated or perhaps required licensing fees?). Not sure if the VBI line data is there or not.
Old 04-23-2023, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post

the subtitles track shows up as an option on the Chromecast to select, but the words just don't display at all.

BTW, have we lost jvl (Josh)? been a while since I've seen him around here or on the repository.
I think we lost Josh have not heard from him in a while maybe moved on from SageTV.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

The last I heard to the best of my recollection was that the transcoder plugin stripped the CC stream, thus even though the mini client app could be configured to show CCs the stream wasnt there and work needed to be done on the transcoder. Having CC's on the miniclient would be a huge benefit to me!
Old 04-25-2023, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsell View Post
The last I heard to the best of my recollection was that the transcoder plugin stripped the CC stream, thus even though the mini client app could be configured to show CCs the stream wasnt there and work needed to be done on the transcoder. Having CC's on the miniclient would be a huge benefit to me!
It only strips them if you transcode not if you do a remux ... The files recorded by SageTV when used in other players Like EMBY and Plex play CC just fine. Sagetv is just getting long in the tooth.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-25-2023 at 10:54 AM.