SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Josh,

A quick question.... one of the things that stopped me from using the mini client as a full purpose client is that it wouldn’t recognize the bluray or DVD directory structures like the full client and hd300 clients. Mine are bluray rips are without any menus - basically a single stream file with single playlist. DVDs are still VOBs.

I believe the Android mini client only can play MKVs for movies. Any chance that may change?

Tnx
Steve
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 06-30-2020, 12:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Quick status update.

I decided to add the setting for the FFmpeg extension before releasing 1.5.1. I am going to add that setting, and produce one more beta before pushing the update.

I have been attempting to publish the app on the Amazon App Store. I think I am going to need to rebrand the app to get it approved. I renamed it in the app to "SageTV Andriod Client". Hopefully this will not conflict with the other listing, and allow it to be published. I may rename the Google play store entry to match. Have not decided yet.

Josh
jvl711,
Thanks for working on this and I have tried the version you have already published to the play store. It does work fine for me in my limited testing. One thing about the names of the two apps staying the same, if you have them both installed, is that it is not obvious which one you open. I have opened the wrong one a few times. So, my vote is to name the app something different than what is already out there. "SageTV Android Client" sounds good and I think having the same name for every platform designed for would be best.

Thanks again for your work,
Chuck
Recording Drive's: 2 x WD WD4001FAEX (4 TB)
Tuner's: 2 x Ceton InfiniTV 4's
Clients: 3 x Nvidia Shield TV's; Spares: 2 x HD300's
SageTV v9.1.2.662 with OpenDCT v0.5.28
Java 1.8.0_111-b14 (32bit)
Old 06-30-2020, 02:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi All,

New beta that adds a setting for the FFmpeg Audio Extension. I am hoping this is the last beta before I release 1.5.1

Let me know if you guys see any issues. If not I will publish to Play Store.

1.5.1 Beta 3

Last edited by jvl711; 06-30-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Hi Josh,

A quick question.... one of the things that stopped me from using the mini client as a full purpose client is that it wouldn’t recognize the bluray or DVD directory structures like the full client and hd300 clients. Mine are bluray rips are without any menus - basically a single stream file with single playlist. DVDs are still VOBs.

I believe the Android mini client only can play MKVs for movies. Any chance that may change?

Tnx
Steve
Wow. I honestly do not have a good grasp on how this might be handled. I would need to dig through what is being sent to the mini client when these types of files are attempted to be played. I would assume Sage would send the VOB files for playback, but I am not sure. I will add it to the wish list, but this might be a challange.

The Android Mini Client does support a lot more containers than MKV. But I do not think the VOBs are supported.

Here is a link of the currently supported containers/formats

https://exoplayer.dev/supported-formats.html
Old 06-30-2020, 02:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarbo1 View Post
jvl711,
Thanks for working on this and I have tried the version you have already published to the play store. It does work fine for me in my limited testing. One thing about the names of the two apps staying the same, if you have them both installed, is that it is not obvious which one you open. I have opened the wrong one a few times. So, my vote is to name the app something different than what is already out there. "SageTV Android Client" sounds good and I think having the same name for every platform designed for would be best.

Thanks again for your work,
Chuck
I think I am in agreement that the name change may make things more clear. Windows/Andriod/Linux.

FYI, this is no longer a fork of the original. I have taken over the original repository, and am releasing new versions of the original SageTV MiniClient.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 06-30-2020, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi All,

New beta that adds a setting for the FFmpeg Audio Extension. I am hoping this is the last beta before I release 1.5.1

Let me know if you guys see any issues. If not I will publish to Play Store.

1.5.1 Beta 3
I am getting an Install error maybe the APK is bad ?

C:\platform-tools>adb install "C:\platform-tools\SageTVMiniClient_1_5_1_beta3.apk"
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install C:\platform-tools\SageTVMiniClient_1_5_1_beta3.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_TEST_ONLY: installPackageLI]
Old 06-30-2020, 03:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I am getting an Install error maybe the APK is bad ?

C:\platform-tools>adb install "C:\platform-tools\SageTVMiniClient_1_5_1_beta3.apk"
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install C:\platform-tools\SageTVMiniClient_1_5_1_beta3.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_TEST_ONLY: installPackageLI]
I rebuilt and uploaded again. Can you try again please.

Josh
Old 06-30-2020, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I rebuilt and uploaded again. Can you try again please.

Josh
It says its is in your trash in google.... not available for download.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

I also vote in favor of the name change. I have opened the wrong app more than once.

Quote:
FYI, this is no longer a fork of the original. I have taken over the original repository, and am releasing new versions of the original SageTV MiniClient.
But you are releasing them with a new name?
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 06-30-2020, 03:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
It says its is in your trash in google.... not available for download.
Updated the link. Can you double check the link from the post.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Updated the link. Can you double check the link from the post.
Still no Good ....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rsz...SIWphIFB_/view
Old 06-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRq...ew?usp=sharing
Old 06-30-2020, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Off .. Slo Mo.

OK I see the default is On-Use if needed that gave me Slo Mo Video

Prefered - Always use if possible works great.

You might want to make the Prefered the default ... but that is up to you.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Off .. Slo Mo.

OK I see the default is On-Use if needed that gave me Slo Mo Video

Prefered - Always use if possible works great.

You might want to make the Prefered the default ... but that is up to you.
Which devices are impacted by the slo-mo? I think we should target a specific device for the best out of box experience. Not sure which devices that should be? Shield, Fire Stick 4k? What are your thoughts? Anyone else have thoughts?
Old 06-30-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
... I will add it to the wish list, but this might be a challange....

The Android Mini Client does support a lot more containers than MKV. But I do not think the VOBs are supported...
Ok thanks - no problem. Just thought I’d ask... The bluray stream files are .M2TS files. Sean may have had a reason why he didn’t pursue it - technical or time I’m not sure. It is one of the big pieces that the Sage clients do that the mini client does not...
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 06-30-2020, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Which devices are impacted by the slo-mo? I think we should target a specific device for the best out of box experience. Not sure which devices that should be? Shield, Fire Stick 4k? What are your thoughts? Anyone else have thoughts?
I guess in my testing on the Shield and FireTV Devices the always on worked on all ... including echo sound systems and Soundbars.... but you can wait on feedback from others.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:29 PM
Sage Expert

Using a pre-2019 Shield with 1.5.1 beta 3. Shield is connected to a Onkyo receiver which can process 5.1 Dolby.

No major change for me with this version.

With the defaults (I believe that is "Prefer" for the FFmpeg option) I still get no sound.

The very first time I played a movie it popped up an error message about unsupported audio codecs with a list. I didn't catch a pic of the full error.

I do get the following message most of the time when on Prefer: "This app is set for surround sound. Use the TV remove to adjust the volume". It wasn't doing this before, so that's something new.

Once I got this error: "Exo2MediaPlayer - com.google.android.exoplayer2.audio.AudioSink$InitializationException: AudioTrack init failed: 0, Config(24000, 252, 192000)"

Most video plays but then pauses every 5-20 seconds. Eventually it stops playing with "Exo2MediaPlayer - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index=5 out of bounds (limit=4)."

When I enable the FFmpeg auto options I get sounds but it's like a high pictched whiny see saw noise of the original audio. I can upload a sample if you're curious.

I'm really curious about nyplayer's setup, as I see he is using an HDHR Prime which is what most of my recordings are also from. What OpenDCT options are you using?

--John
Old 06-30-2020, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Using a pre-2019 Shield with 1.5.1 beta 3. Shield is connected to a Onkyo receiver which can process 5.1 Dolby.

No major change for me with this version.

With the defaults (I believe that is "Prefer" for the FFmpeg option) I still get no sound.

The very first time I played a movie it popped up an error message about unsupported audio codecs with a list. I didn't catch a pic of the full error.

I do get the following message most of the time when on Prefer: "This app is set for surround sound. Use the TV remove to adjust the volume". It wasn't doing this before, so that's something new.

Once I got this error: "Exo2MediaPlayer - com.google.android.exoplayer2.audio.AudioSink$InitializationException: AudioTrack init failed: 0, Config(24000, 252, 192000)"

Most video plays but then pauses every 5-20 seconds. Eventually it stops playing with "Exo2MediaPlayer - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index=5 out of bounds (limit=4)."

When I enable the FFmpeg auto options I get sounds but it's like a high pictched whiny see saw noise of the original audio. I can upload a sample if you're curious.

I'm really curious about nyplayer's setup, as I see he is using an HDHR Prime which is what most of my recordings are also from. What OpenDCT options are you using?

--John
The default is not preferred ... try this setting in FFMPEG extension "Prefered - Always use if possible" ...

On the Shield I use EXOPLAYER and ""Prefered - Always use if possible" Samsung TV connected to Samsung Soundbar Via ARC. OPenDCT default settings... Have the latest firmware on all my HDHomeRun units. Use Pooling in OPENDCT to be able to share tuners with other APPS.

My Sound Settings on the Shield are ...

Surround Sound ..
Available Formats ... Auto
Stereo Upmix
Upmix stereo to 5.1 PCM

If you can upload a Video I will test it on my Shield.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-30-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
The default is not preferred ... try this setting in FFMPEG extension "Prefered - Always use if possible" ...

On the Shield I use EXOPLAYER and ""Prefered - Always use if possible" Samsung TV connected to Samsung Soundbar Via ARC. OPenDCT default settings... Have the latest firmware on all my HDHomeRun units. Use Pooling in OPENDCT to be able to share tuners with other APPS.

My Sound Settings on the Shield are ...

Surround Sound ..
Available Formats ... Auto
Stereo Upmix
Upmix stereo to 5.1 PCM

If you can upload a Video I will test it on my Shield.
Thanks for the clarification!

I retested:

"Off" and "Use if needed" give me the behavior I described above with no sound.

When I use "Prefered - Always use if possible" I get the bizarre sounds I mentioned above. Eventually it stops with the error ""Exo2MediaPlayer - com.google.android.exoplayer2.audio.AudioSinkConfigurationException: Unsupported channel count: 0"

Interestingly, when using "Preferred", the video seems to pause less.

I've attached a recording of the audio I get when using Preferred. This is the same audio behavior I heard when testing on a FireStick 4K.

I checked my Android Audio settings. I didn't have "Upmix stereo to 5.1 PCM" selected, but I set it and it didn't change anything.

--John
Attached Files
File Type: zip audio.m4a.zip (106.5 KB, 127 views)
Old 06-30-2020, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Thanks for the clarification!

I retested:

"Off" and "Use if needed" give me the behavior I described above with no sound.

When I use "Prefered - Always use if possible" I get the bizarre sounds I mentioned above. Eventually it stops with the error ""Exo2MediaPlayer - com.google.android.exoplayer2.audio.AudioSinkConfigurationException: Unsupported channel count: 0"

Interestingly, when using "Preferred", the video seems to pause less.

I've attached a recording of the audio I get when using Preferred. This is the same audio behavior I heard when testing on a FireStick 4K.

I checked my Android Audio settings. I didn't have "Upmix stereo to 5.1 PCM" selected, but I set it and it didn't change anything.

--John
How is your Firmware on the Primes ?

Model: HDHR3-CC
Device ID: 131A192A
Firmware: 20200521