SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Originally posted by malore
SageTV lets you assign a keyboard shortcut for "Live TV" or you could use a button on the remote to do this also.
Thank you. My remote does not have much of the labels on it, and keyboard is not the best and practival day-to-day use. For me, I can use keyboard, but for my wife I rather have it as simple as possible, and having maybe on top LiveTV button would help so much. I find it very very useful when I switch to other STV's but you'r I like the most for the simplicity and everything I need except this LiveTV button in front... Once again, if it is difficult please dont worry but if it would not be a problem I would love to see it in there... Great job with this comskip, this is the best thing!!!!
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
SageTV lets you assign a keyboard shortcut for "Live TV" or you could use a button on the remote to do this also.
Can you add a mouse button to do it as well? It would be excellent to have the middle mouse button (wheel) go to live tv on mousedown.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Malore, I know, I am pain in the ass but I have another question/request if possible... Would it be possible to create automatically .xml file for each recording as soon as recording does end or maybe even when it does start? The same to update shows.xml maybe? So far what I am doing is I do go to recordings menu once a day and I do select this option to create it for all my recordings, then I have each file associated with its .xml so when I look on the other system I can see show details and not just have a name for it. Its just anoying to do this if it could be probably done automatically

Thanks and sorry for all those small requests... I love your comskip, it is da best )) I realy do...

I assigned go button on my remote control with live tv, lets see if it will be easier for my wife to operate this box now...

Thanks again for amazing work!!!
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I right click on a show in a list and go to "enable commercial detection for all episodes," it runs for about 1 second then says, "0 shows processed." Is there a reason for this? Some of the shows in the list have already had comm. detect. run on them, but some haven't.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by mbrown3
When I right click on a show in a list and go to "enable commercial detection for all episodes," it runs for about 1 second then says, "0 shows processed." Is there a reason for this? Some of the shows in the list have already had comm. detect. run on them, but some haven't.
Look at the directory where you have those recordings and see if those mpegs do have the same name but with .txt extension. They might be already processed but either nothing was detected or program did not load those settings in yet. I remember that when I did go to recordings and I clicked on video so it started to play but then I did comm skip on that file somehow it did not implement those commercial breaks in. In any event my suggestion would be to first see if you have those .txt created already... if you do for all those recordings then there is a reason why you would be getting 0 shows processed.

Chris
Old 08-31-2004, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Good suggestion, I'll try that this evening. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

mbrown3, "commercial detect all" only applies to the current group selected. You can change the grouping to have everything in a single group and then really run commercial detection on everything.

If it really is not working on a group the has unprocessed shows, let me know and I'll do so more testing.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
mbrown3, "commercial detect all" only applies to the current group selected. You can change the grouping to have everything in a single group and then really run commercial detection on everything.

If it really is not working on a group the has unprocessed shows, let me know and I'll do so more testing.
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. In your recordings list view, if I select a given show and right click on one of the episodes on the right pane and go to commercial detect all, I know it's only talking about "all" episodes of only that show. But even that gives the same result when there's 10 or 12 episodes of something, half of which may have commercials detected and half which may not. But I'll try chrysek's suggestion this evening because it may be that they have .txt files and just didn't detect anything (though that would be a large ratio of unfound commercials, I would guess). Let me do that before you look into it, because it may be something simple like that. I'll do some research before making you look into it! Thanks for all your great work...
Old 08-31-2004, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

open also those text files and see if you have any entries, I had some instances where comskip did not put anything in either because my computer did crash or for any other reason and file was created but was empty...
Old 08-31-2004, 12:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Will do. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:

Malore,

I don't know if this is true or not, so please correct me if it's not. In the code for your STV, I think that it has a Boolean filter for shows to not background process Library files. Could that have something to do with his shows not being processed? In mine, I didn't really change any of the code to get it to work, but one of the lines of the FilterByBool function seems to filter out files moved to the Library.

I just have to say that the code in the Main Menu section works great for background detection. It even picks up shows that are being recorded during the day while SageTV is in sleep mode. The code taught me what that Fork() function was for.

For example, I left Intelligent Recording on and when I get home to watch the shows, your Comskip already detected the commercials.

Lauren
Old 08-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, there are txt files for ALL shows, so it looks like they're just not finding any breaks. Thanks for the help though.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

So it does mean comskip did run... what you might need to do next is to tune up comskip utility, it has the ini file and you can configure it to best fit your system... Malore did a magnificant job with this so you can play with the settings and see how it does work, you can even use cmd to type comskip.exe filename.mpeg or I think you can even drag and drop mpeg into comskip and it would process it. So what I would suggest is,to change settings for comskip and thest it with a mpeg file you have that comskip did not detect any commercials, after tunning it up you should be able to get it working fairly well... Once again, Malore did amazing work on this utility ))
Old 09-01-2004, 04:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

mbrown,

Do this:

1) Delete one of the empty .txt files.
2) Change the "verbose=0" line to "verbose=1" in the comskip.ini file.
3) From a command line, run comskip on the show that you deleted it's txt file.
4) Take a look at the results. It will let you know if it found any black frames and how it tried to build the commercials.

Also, take note of how many frames it processed. You should have roughly 55000 for every 30 minutes.

This should tell you if no commercials are found because comskip isn't finishing or no black frames are detected.

Jere
Old 09-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

For those that want to use it, I've implemented Logo Detection in malore's comskip. Any problems with the new comskip should be directed at me since it's my fault.

There are also some additional settings in comskip.ini

Quote:
detect_method=15 ; 1=black frame, 2=logo, 15=all
give_up_logo_search=600 ;in seconds, how far into the show to search for a logo before giving up
play_nice_start=1700 ;at what time of the day should comskip slow itself down
play_nice_end=2200 ;ending time for self slowing
delete_logo_file=1 ;delete logofile after use?
The detect_method line lets you pick between black frame, logo, or all. It is additive, so detect_method=3 is will select black frame detection and logo detection. It allows for future expansion as well.

Since trying to lock on to a logo is pretty processor intensive, there is the give_up_logo_search option. This is the number of seconds into the show that comskip will try to find a logo. If it doesn't find one by then, it removes logo detection from the mix.

Someone asked for the option to slow comskip down so his system didn't stutter. the play_nice settings are for that. It is in military time.

If you want to see what comskip has identified as the logo, change delete_logo_file to 0 and then you will have a file with the extension .logo.txt that contains the logo mask.

Comments, complaints, gripes, praise are always welcome.

Jere

PS. Go to the Sage-Community SVN and download the comskip.exe and comskip.ini. Place those in the SageTV folder and you're good to go.

PPS. I'm going on vacation for a week toimorrow, but there might be updates while I'm in Ecuador if I can find an internet connection.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Trying it out on a show as we speak. Will report back.

EDIT: Well, out of the two shows I tried it with, it marked the ENTIRE show as a commercial. I'll try to change some of the settings and try again, but probably not until tomorrow.

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited by JasonJoel; 09-01-2004 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Jason,

That should be impossible! Can you set verbose=4, run it again and then pm me the .txt file?

Some details about the show would help too. What show was it? What channel was it? How long was it? How was the signal strength? etc.

I must have done something MASSIVELY wrong, but I have never seen it do that before.

Jere
Old 09-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there going to be a "final" release of the commercial skip? What I mean is, is the most recent update the completed version, or is work still ongoing on it, for some final version? Great stuff here.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

I agree. It has been VERY hard to keep track of the progress for this mod. I've been sticking with a month old version simply because I can't figure out which version is working, what the changes are, or how to tweak it. Any moderators care to update the first post to get this up to date?
Old 09-10-2004, 01:29 PM

Commercial Advance Source

I grabbed the exe from /comskip/branches/jeredev/ and have had great success with it. I have tried building my own from the source under the same branch. I compiled the exe but it does not detect the same commercials. ( The one I built is not as good at finding them) given the same comskip.ini.

Does anyone know which source the exe in that branch was built with.

It would also be nice to specify a different comskip.ini maybe with the -f flag.

Thank you.
Jorm