SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, so i have been using sagemc religiously for a while and have been missing out on the comskip progess. So, now that sagemc supports comskip, i downloaded comskip and ran it on my files--all is good. But, I came to realize that for some reason i was using version .21 (or somewhere around there)! I just downloaded .64 and want to rerun comskip on all my shows. How can I go about doing that?
Thanks
JUC
Old 03-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Sage Expert

you can delete all of the txt files (and other files if they were also generated) associated with those shows and then run it again.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

quick quick quick!!! Thanks--I was thinking along those lines but didn't want to delete anything before I got confirmation.
Thank you---and is .066 out yet? I think i saw it mentioned in a few threads.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

For some reason I am now seeing a second instance of comskip.exe under the task manager that is idle. And the instance that is processing the mpeg is only using up to 25%...

Is this a configuration issue, or some kind of bug?

EDIT: The same thing is happening when I launch it from the command prompt.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
For some reason I am now seeing a second instance of comskip.exe under the task manager that is idle. And the instance that is processing the mpeg is only using up to 25%...

Is this a configuration issue, or some kind of bug?

EDIT: The same thing is happening when I launch it from the command prompt.
This is actually a comskip issue, not a DirMon issue. If a kind moderator could move this post and the previous one to the Commercial Advance thread, that would be great.

Anyway, to answer your question, depending on the version that you are using, when ComSkip identifies the logo, it will save the logo to a file and start another instance that uses the already found logo from the beginning. The initial instance of ComSkip waits until the second instance is done before it closes.

Regarding the 25%, you got me {shrug}. ComSkip was designed to run at a low priority. How fast is your processor and what kind of fps are you getting?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Is this available as an import for the stock stv?
Old 04-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Is this available as an import for the stock stv?
Not yet. I remember someone saying that it was impossible, but I haven't tried it myself.

As soon as I get ShowAnalyzer into beta testing, I'll take a gander.

Jere
Old 04-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

I suppose I could slap comskip into the OriginalV2 stv if there is enough interest.

[Edit: the new STV was split off of this discussion & can be found here: OriginalV2 with Comskip added - Opus4]
Old 04-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I suppose I could slap comskip into the OriginalV2 stv if there is enough interest.
Yes! I'm not one for all the bells and gadet features of the other STVs. Having OrigianV2 recognize the existance of a COMSKIP .TXT file would be great.

For me, I process files on another PC, so I don't even need any processing features in the STV, just the reading of the TXT file and skipping ability.

This could also be useful for everyone in certain circumstances. When new versions of Sage come out, some of the upgrade paths with STVs can be tricky. It would be cool to even temporarily go back to "stock" but not lose Comskip features.

Andy

Last edited by snipeman; 04-13-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Interested
Old 04-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'd be interested as well. Would that be part of the core so that any STV would have the funtionality?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

I wish you would hurry. I'm ready to test it NOW.

JasonJoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
Not yet. I remember someone saying that it was impossible, but I haven't tried it myself.

As soon as I get ShowAnalyzer into beta testing, I'll take a gander.

Jere
Old 04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jere,

Just curious...will ShowAnalyzer have the ability to skip over or ignore shows recorded on certain channels? I'm currently using Cayars and like this feature but the future of his STV is uncertain and release 3 is around the corner so I was just wondering what other options there might be.

HC
Old 04-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
I wish you would hurry. I'm ready to test it NOW.

JasonJoel
I'm working on it... A LOT. I'm currently in my second rewrite of an MPEG decoder, which IS NOT easy. But it seems to be going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchucky
Just curious...will ShowAnalyzer have the ability to skip over or ignore shows recorded on certain channels? I'm currently using Cayars and like this feature but the future of his STV is uncertain and release 3 is around the corner so I was just wondering what other options there might be.
If you use DirMon to run the comskip process, skipping certain shows is already possible (look for the ignore block). However, SA will be able to ignore channels and even automatically change the configuration settings depending on the channel. However, this will be dependant on using nielm's webserver (or whatever webserver 3.0 has).

Also, the setup will also be MUCH MUCH more userfriendly (can we say GUI).

Jere
Old 04-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
Also, the setup will also be MUCH MUCH more userfriendly (can we say GUI).
Sweet!
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Commercial detection tailored by channel...That sounds awesome. I can think of a few places where that would be handy. It sound like ShowAnalyzer will be a program independent of DirMon. Is that correct?

HC
Old 04-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchucky
It sound like ShowAnalyzer will be a program independent of DirMon. Is that correct?

HC
That is correct. Although DirMon can run ShowAnalyzer (and is my recommendation), it isn't necessary.

Jere
Old 04-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any advantage switching to DirMon over what is currently offered in Cayars? I'm currently performing commerical detection on two different computers using Cayars CommercialDetectManager.

HC
Old 04-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Old adage: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The main advantage of DirMon is it's flexibility. If you can perfom an action from a command line, then DirMon can automate it for you.

If CDM takes care of your needs and works, then stay with it. When you find something you want to do that CDM can't handle, take a look at DirMon.

Jere
Old 04-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jere is being too modest. I'd look at DirMon if you want an external program that is more upgrade and Sage version proof. DirMon was designed with modular ideas in mind. Sage andf STVs will change but the way you kick off processors can stay the same with DirMon.

To me it is more than "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I'm real cautios with my HTPC. I want things that are sturdy reliable and not easily broken with upgrades and updates.

DirMon is a program that will allow you to run all sorts of things on your media server and keep them off of your Sage/HTPC completely.