SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
This did the trick. I see you removed a couple slashes that were making up arrows.
Yeah those up arrows were driving me nuts. Those are my final profiles they work great.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi all,

Checking to see if there are users still on 32bit version of windows. I am trying to add support for libx265 and I am struggling to get it to work on the 32 bit build.

Wondering if I am banging my head against the wall for no reason.

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Hi all,

Checking to see if there are users still on 32bit version of windows. I am trying to add support for libx265 and I am struggling to get it to work on the 32 bit build.

Thanks,
Josh
Yes, STILL using W7 32 bit install. I thought I would have updated to W10 64bit during Covid, but for some reason never got around to it. It scares me. lol
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-28-2021, 11:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

32bit version for me.
OpenDCT 0.5.32 (64 bit)
Clients: HD300 (x2)
HDHR3-CC Prime 20220822 (Comcast CableCard) - 3 Tuners
HDFX-4K Flex 20220822 (OTA) - 4 Tuners
Old 04-29-2021, 11:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will continue to support both. I think I found a work around to the issue I was having. I may just need to publish a dll with the 32 bit verison. I am not sure why it was behaving the way it was, but I put enough hours towards resolving. Time to work around it for now .

Hopefully I will have another release out soon with libx265 support.

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
Josh
Also 32 bit for me. I do not have more than 2 extenders active at one time so never saw the needs for 64bit.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 04-29-2021, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I will continue to support both. I think I found a work around to the issue I was having. I may just need to publish a dll with the 32 bit verison. I am not sure why it was behaving the way it was, but I put enough hours towards resolving. Time to work around it for now .

Hopefully I will have another release out soon with libx265 support.

Thanks,
Josh
That’s EXTREMELY generous of you. Gotta send you thanks. stay tuned.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-30-2021, 01:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Guys,

Posted a new version 1.0.4. Added libx265 support. Let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 04-30-2021, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Posted a new version 1.0.4. Added libx265 support. Let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks,
Josh
Might be just me but I updated and am now unable to playback live TV (specifically it says "No Signal" and I'm getting a lot of sageTV spinning circles where that almost never happened before.

A Bit further testing I reverted to the prior mediaformat detector version and still had a problem until I switched it to let the internal format detector handle the TS/PS files.

Last edited by sacrament055; 04-30-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 04:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Might be just me but I updated and am now unable to playback live TV (specifically it says "No Signal" and I'm getting a lot of sageTV spinning circles where that almost never happened before.

A Bit further testing I reverted to the prior mediaformat detector version and still had a problem until I switched it to let the internal format detector handle the TS/PS files.
I see the issue. Apparently the 64bit version has the same issue as the 32bit. I am going to need to package a dll with it. I should hopefully have a fix out soon. Sorry guys...
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 04-30-2021, 05:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I see the issue. Apparently the 64bit version has the same issue as the 32bit. I am going to need to package a dll with it. I should hopefully have a fix out soon. Sorry guys...
Posted a quick patch release with the missing dll files. I think it is good now. Let me know if you guys are still seeing issues.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 05-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Seems to be good now. Thanks for the quick update!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Alpha build of SageTVTranscoder for Linux

Hi,

I built a version of the SageTVTranscoder for Linux. I am looking for some testers. There is some specific code that is directed to linux builds that will need testing. I do not have a linux SageTV server for testing yet, so this build is probably going to be a little rough. This should be a static build, and I expect it should work on most distros. I am currently fighting with x265, so this build does not have that in it yet.

Things that need to be tested.

1. Transcoding of content
2. Realtime transcoding of content
3. Realtime transcoding of live tv
4. Format parsing (Determine what the video files contains)
5. Thumbnail creation

I think that would cover most of it!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/50903936

Thank you for anyone willing to do the testing!
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 05-29-2021, 04:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post

No real issues. No progress bar on MKV transcodes. On the plus side, I can now transcode 1080i recordings!
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 06-10-2021, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi,

I built a version of the SageTVTranscoder for Linux. I am looking for some testers. There is some specific code that is directed to linux builds that will need testing. I do not have a linux SageTV server for testing yet, so this build is probably going to be a little rough. This should be a static build, and I expect it should work on most distros. I am currently fighting with x265, so this build does not have that in it yet.

Things that need to be tested.

1. Transcoding of content
2. Realtime transcoding of content
3. Realtime transcoding of live tv
4. Format parsing (Determine what the video files contains)
5. Thumbnail creation

I think that would cover most of it!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/50903936

Thank you for anyone willing to do the testing!
I am using the docker that stuckless made for unraid. It stores all the app files in directory that can easily overwrite the existing ffmpeg file. Other than overwriting the file what else is needed to do testing? Do I also need to install a plugin. If you list all that is needed for testing I will test everything that is required.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
I am using the docker that stuckless made for unraid. It stores all the app files in directory that can easily overwrite the existing ffmpeg file. Other than overwriting the file what else is needed to do testing? Do I also need to install a plugin. If you list all that is needed for testing I will test everything that is required.
Hi hvymetal,

I would make a backup of the existing ffmpeg, and use the one I posted. There no other changes required. It should be a drop in replacement. This build is super alpha, so I do expect there are going to be issue.

I appreciate any testing feedback.

Thanks,
Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 06-12-2021, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Should ffmpeg show up in the process table if its running? I'm trying to test it but not seeing any process.

I opened a SageTV console for the rocker and looked there.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
Should ffmpeg show up in the process table if its running? I'm trying to test it but not seeing any process.

I opened a SageTV console for the rocker and looked there.
What operation were you attempting? That might help me know what to look for. And yes it should in theory be present as a process, when it is in use. Once it is done it's operation though it will go away. Another way you can confirm if it is being used is if there is a SageTVTranscoder.log file in the SageTV home directory.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

Old 06-15-2021, 08:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What operation were you attempting? That might help me know what to look for. And yes it should in theory be present as a process, when it is in use. Once it is done it's operation though it will go away. Another way you can confirm if it is being used is if there is a SageTVTranscoder.log file in the SageTV home directory.

Josh
I watched several videos and live TV using a Fire Stick HD, trying to watch videos with different encoding. Everything played just fine, but it didn't look like ffmpeg was in use. I will try again and check the log file.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I noticed that the default SageTV settings for xcode are poor ... changing number of threads and priority to normal really helps in performance when transcoding.

Code:
xcode/allow_multithreading_for_hdextender_placeshifting=false
xcode_auto_deinterlace=true
xcode_disable_mono_audio=true
xcode_fix_broken_hdpvr_streams=false
xcode_process_num_threads=0
xcode_process_priority_offline=idle
xcode_process_priority_streaming=belownormal
xcode_reduce_process_priority=true

My Changed Settings ...

Code:
xcode/allow_multithreading_for_hdextender_placeshifting=true
xcode_auto_deinterlace=true
xcode_disable_mono_audio=true
xcode_fix_broken_hdpvr_streams=false
xcode_process_num_threads=2
xcode_process_priority_offline=normal
xcode_process_priority_streaming=normal
xcode_reduce_process_priority=false

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-24-2021 at 10:14 AM.