SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:01 PM

Mini-client for Android will not play DVDs

Hi:
My HD300 finally died last week after a decade of faithful service. I replaced it with an NVidia Shield Pro and the Android mini-client. I have one problem that I have a work-around for and one problem that I do not know how to solve. I am asking for helpful suggestions.

Work-around: Sage recorded TV plays, but is garbled because it is try to play to fast. Disabling ExoPlayer solved this.

Not solved: The mini-client crashes the connection when trying to play (ripped) DVDs. It tries and dies. If I transcode the DVD to MP4 using Handbrake, it plays as a recording, but I have 1000+ DVDs, so transcoding them all is a daunting task. Any hints on how to solve this?
Old 01-15-2021, 06:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evngreg View Post
Hi:
My HD300 finally died last week after a decade of faithful service. I replaced it with an NVidia Shield Pro and the Android mini-client. I have one problem that I have a work-around for and one problem that I do not know how to solve. I am asking for helpful suggestions.

Work-around: Sage recorded TV plays, but is garbled because it is try to play to fast. Disabling ExoPlayer solved this.

Not solved: The mini-client crashes the connection when trying to play (ripped) DVDs. It tries and dies. If I transcode the DVD to MP4 using Handbrake, it plays as a recording, but I have 1000+ DVDs, so transcoding them all is a daunting task. Any hints on how to solve this?
Did you try the fixed transcoding that I added to the client. That would transcoded them in real-time to a compatible format.
What format are your DVD files in?
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

I would guess the original poster probably ripped his DVDs to vob format. My DVDs are ripped to iso format, and when I attempt to play them I get a spinning circle for about 30 seconds, and then it appears that the miniclient dies. I'm running the miniclient on a Fire TV Stick 4K. Any hope to get DVDs ripped to iso supported for this setup?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls