SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Sage User

easiest setup

Hi all, about to build my new HTPC this weekend and have a few questions about a setup for a front end for it. I've been playing around with Meedio but don't like that you have to configure it so much. I'm a complete newbie at the HTPC game and want the easiest setup. So I've been looking at the Sage front end (I bought 2.0 for PVR'ing) and had a few questions about it.

I was looking at the customization part of the forums and was looking at the different modules. I'm assuming from a complete fresh clean install of Sage, MalDude v1.0 would be the way to go. What do you guys suggest?

I was also wondering if Sage had a winamp plugin available for the music portion of the software. I would also like to be able to use TheaterTek to view DVDs and was hoping a plugin would be available for that. Can someone point me into the right directions for that? I was looking at the mame plugin thread and was wondering if it was possible to launch regular PC games from that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

you can use mlbdude2 to launch TheaterTek
the music player in SageTV sees only mp3s and they must be constant bit rate mp3s or the timing is for the music

I think you are going to have to use meedio or wait until sageTV studio is released to launch games
but I am sure someone will make that available I know I would enjoy that as well

not sure that maldude can launch theatertek but I am guessing it does