SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage - Related Beta Test Apps available

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is under the right topic. Feel free to move it if it is.

I've just released two applications on my homepage that relate to Sage Recorder / TV.

The first is the Girder plugin for the ProVideo 256T/TPro Infra-Red remote. If anyone is willing to test it, that would be cool. It has a problem on my machine in that the plugin raises an exception and stops after around 24 hours of use. I'm still trying to work around that problem as it seems to be the actual ProVideo dll which is causing the error. It might be machine specific and might not happen to anyone else.

The second is an example of what can be done with the TCP/IP implementation in the new Sage Recorder / TV betas. I've only tested it on Sage Recorder, but it has been running for well over a week now with no problems. In a nutshell, it pings Sage Recorder and if it fails to get a reply, it assumes Sage Recorder has either crashed or been accidentally been closed and attempts to restart it. I've found Sage Recorder to be rock solid, but it adds another layer or protection for your important recordings!

Over the next few weeks / months, I'll have two more projects which might be useful for 'always on' machines.

The first will be an auto-power on if there is a power cut. My PC won't auto-power-on when the juice comes back, so this little circuit will do just that.

The second project is a little more complicated, but will detected when the PC has either locked up or 'Blue-Screened' and automatically reset it.

With all three of the above projects running, it's hoped that nothing should stop the Sage PC from running and recording!

(PS. And my MP3 'black-box' software is also on there - hint!)
Old 05-27-2003, 05:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

have you ever thought of adding support for the minimal audio player foobar2000... for your mp3 jukebox...

its the highest quality player that supports every format.. has an SDK, as well as being able to take parameters over the command line...

http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/

Its developed by an old winamp plugin developer who got sick of the mess that is winamp (intermally) ... I've been meaning to get round to looking at it but dont have the time or as workable a jukebox software to work with... if you did integrate this player i'd use your program.. foobar itself has a database engine but its not as flexible and doesn't have IR support... it is great tho.. check it out
Old 05-27-2003, 06:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Many thanks. I'm always open to new additions. I've downloaed the SDK and I'll look at adding support in to the next release.

On a similar subject as this and Sage, does anyone know of a freeware OS which is Windows compatible? It would make it easier for people who put old machines together and might not have enough copies of Windows (ie. licenses) to put a copy of Windows on the machine?

The only way I know of currently is Linux running a copy of Wine.
How compatible that would be with Sage etc. is unknown.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Xleon.. the best way to use foobar in my opinion (having not yet tried your jukebox yet tho) is having your jukebox drive foobar like winamp.. adding to its playlists... either individual files (one at a time from your jukebox) or entire albums all queued at once.. that way you will get gapless playback supported as standard on formats that support... such as mpc... the superior lossy format
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did anything ever happen with a foobar plugin? I enjoy foobar a lot, and would love to be able to use it through Sage controlling the music library. Gapless flac from within Sage through foobar kernel streaming would be really cool....
Old 02-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not me personally. At the time I was writing my MP3 software, Foobar had a few issues when it came to automation from an external app.

I suspect it's all sorted now so someone may have better luck.