SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Sage User

Play back ATI HDTV Wonder recordings?

Is Sage capable of playing back recordings made by the ATI HDTV Wonder? I know it can't schedule and record shows from it yet, but can it simply play back shows recorded by the ATI software?
Old 08-20-2004, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Probably although I'm not sure how well, I haven't tried HD playback in Sage for a while. You'll need to do a few things first:

1) Export/trascode/convert (whatever ATI calls it) the recordings from ATI's .vcr format to standard MPEG2 or TS.
2) Install an HD capable MPEG splitter (may not be necessary if ATI outputs standard MPEG2). Try this one: http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/formats/mpeg2.shtml
3) Add the HD file extensions to the import extensions line of the sage.properties file (close Sage completely before you do that):
seeker/library_import_filename_extensions=
You'll need to add .ts, .tp, .trp depending on the output format (if it's .mpg then you don't need to add anything).

If that works they should show up in the imported videos section of the Library. Give that a try and hopefully it will work
Old 08-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Sage User

Thanks stranger, I will give it a try as soon as I get the HDTV Wonder working. I'm struggling at the moment, about to throw it out the window!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by littlerm
Thanks stranger, I will give it a try as soon as I get the HDTV Wonder working. I'm struggling at the moment, about to throw it out the window!
That sounds like it's a common problem with that card.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Sage User

If you look at this link, it seems like the ATI Card and be setup to transcode to a DVD ready format.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1615343,00.asp

Can you update us on your success with this card? I'm looking into get it and replacing my ATI 64 Meg VIVO card. It's just to dang old now.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Sage User

I took the card back before my 15 days was up. I FINALLY got it working, but it had problems picking up 2 of my 4 local HD channels. I could get one of them working by switching to another working HD channel, then immediately switching back. The other channel would only give me audio. The signal strength was high, and the same antenna works fine with my DirecTV HD receiver. It's a common problem with the card. Also, the ATI MMC software is terrible and doesn't play very well with Sage. If you have a recording scheduled on the HDTV Wonder while you are watching something in Sage the HD recording will fail because the overlay is being used by Sage (if you have it configured that way). There is no option to record in the background, or minimized, it always displays (with sound) what it is recording. Stay away from this card until they have the problems resolved. I would go with the Fusion or MyHD for HDTV, or whatever Sage will support in the future, which is unknown at this point.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I just got the card today, and was able to play HD files from the ATI HDTV in Sage
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...light=ati+hdtv

I do dislike the inability of ATI HDTV software to record in the background. This means I will have to install it on a pc and put it somewhere else on the network, cause I don't want to have to shut down sage to watch HDTV stuff. Hopefully ATI will fix this in the future.

Mike