SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-11-2004, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Random Soft Lockups

I did a search for hangs and lock-ups but I couldn't find anythign that matched my problem. Sorry if this is an issue that has been resolved already.

I've been running a new install of XP SP2 and sage for about one month. At first I had no problems, but lately(last week or so) sage has started hanging during playback. The video will just stop, and it won't accept any inputs for a while, but if I let it chill for a while(1-2 minutes) it will just start up again where it left off. At first I figured, that this was happening when sage was finishing a recording or doing something else in the background, but it is happening at completely random times.

I managed to get the computer to Task Manager during one of the hang ups and I noticed Sage is using 80-100% of my CPU in these times. Which is very strange because normally sage only uses 20% while recording and playing.

There wasn't any hardware or software change that prompted this that I can think of.

My specs -
2500+ xp-m @ 2ghz
GF2 video card
PVR-250
abit NF-7s v2.0

Software -
Intervideo non-css video decoder (for the first two weeks)
Sonic DVD decoders(starting yesterday)
mlbdude latest release
Mame support enabled.
Weather support enabled

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:14 PM

I've been experiencing a very similar issue since I rebuilt my HTPC. One thing I've found to be 100% true, Sage does not run at all when Nero v6 is installed. With Nero installed, Sage will crash almost immediatly after launching.

Currently, I'm experiencing Sage lockups in playback with all combinations of decoders. I have the intervideo-css, Sonic, NvDVD3, and ffdmpeg decoders installed. I've tried turning off VM9 and went back through the decoders. I've also tried changing the audio encoders as well. I do not believe this is related to bad hardware because I've been through all the hardware testing to include SisoftSandra testing and MemTest86+. My RAM, CPU, and motherboard all check out fine.

System Specifications:
Windows XP SP2
SageTV v2.20
FFDShow Aug282004 Build
Sonic DVD Decoders 2.5.03.0806
InterVideo Filter SDK for Hauppage
WinTV Drivers 1.8a
NvDVD v2.55
P4 3.4GHz
2GB Crucial XLS Pro 3200
Abit AS8
BFG Geforce 6800GT
2 x Hauppage PVR-250 MCE
Old 09-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

evilpenguin,

Did you modify the SageTV Properties file to have a larger schedule look ahead? On my server when the look ahead is set to 14 days I saw this behavior. Spikes of high CPU for extended periods of time. I am hoping in the upcoming release they will improve it.

John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP