SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Sage User

SageTV needs manual record option

I've tried a few time to record PPV shows with little success as well as trying to record other Svideo clips using SageTV. Sometimes you cann't adjust the start time because it says you cannot change a start time once its started. It would be nice to be able to set a start and end time and be able to name the file like in sage recorder. To do these recordings now I have to exit sage and use the WinTV program and file them in the Import folder. I purchased the Sage TV program and also thought that it might have some of the features as in the Sage recorder program.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

yes i second this request, would love an OTR (one touch record) option, so if i'm watching something, i dont want to have to jump into the epg to record it, just press record button and press it again or the stop button when i want to stop the recording.

simple as that
Old 05-30-2003, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

I third the request! Especially useful for sportscasts such as playoff games, when the EPG occasionally has the incorrect times. Also, if games go into overtime and exceed the alloted time, manually recording the show allows you to keep recording unitl the game is over, or until you run out of disk space.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:26 AM
Sage User

Yes, I agree! A OTR button would be nice.

Another feature I would like is a way to jump to a certain channel without going to the guide or hitting the channel up/down button. Something like WinTV2000 where you can right click on the channel and select any particular channel you wish to view. Additional right click/button options that would that be a plus could include:
1) View previous channel, where you could jump back and forth between channels
2) Disable local playback
3) Disable channel record while viewing TV so your hard drive wouldn't fill up. I understand this would limit the timeshift function.
4) Etc.

One thing I wanted to mention about number 3 above, was that it would be nice to be able to adjust or limit the time used in recording for the timeshift functionality and have the option or confirmation to delete the file(s) created for this after viewing the channel has ceased. I always have to manually delete all the files SageTV created after I am finished watching TV, and these files take up a lot of space. The files created for this could also be saved in their own folder and deleted after so many days, hours, or whatever. I think this would be very handy.

Thanks!
comprat

Last edited by comprat; 05-31-2003 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:14 AM

Yes please add OTR. Although I don't know about the manual name. I think it should use the standard SageTV name format. The export function I want would allow you to later change the name for archiving etc. purposes.

Quote:
1) View previous channel, where you could jump back and forth between channels
Great idea, I meant to mention that over a week ago and then forgot. Thanx for reminding me.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

There is already a jump command. Just go into Detailed Setup, under Commands. Map the Previous Channel command to a keyboard key or a remote key.

Also, you can go to any channel just by typing in the channel number.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:05 PM

Thanx for the heads up olyar15.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by olyar15
There is already a jump command. Just go into Detailed Setup, under Commands. Map the Previous Channel command to a keyboard key or a remote key.

Also, you can go to any channel just by typing in the channel number.
Sorry, I've been busy lately, but thanks for responding! I wasn't aware that you could change the channel by typing the channel number. I've only been using SageTV for a short while so far, and still learning it. As far as the "jump" command, I meant an icon in the onscreen control bar. I think it is more intuitive than remembering what key I assigned to it.

I know it's been mentioned, but an "always on top" option would also be handy, so you could watch TV on your computer while doing something else.

Anyway, thanks again!
comprat
Old 06-08-2003, 11:56 AM

Quote:
As far as the "jump" command, I meant an icon in the onscreen control bar
I ask Narflex a while(about two weeks ago) back for the ability to customize the icon bar to include any function SageTV supports. There are several I don't use and a few I want like jump/last channel. He told me it was on the list. Appearantly there is going to be all kinds of customizability(excuse spelling/grammar) built in to an up coming version of SageTV. I hope we don't have to wait to 2.0. Then again at his pace that wouldn't be bad at all.