SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can't Play DVD's/ Help!

I am currently running the 15 day demo of sagetv and I must say so far I like it more than snapstream which I already own. It seems to tax my cpu much less when I run it in a second monitor and continue to do work on the first one. I can however not get dvds to play. When I put a dvd in and try to load it up the video comes up initially then it gets real blocky and unwatchable. I also have no sound. I am not sure if its my configuration ro what. I tried playing with a few settings but have been unsuccessful. I am using a P4 1.7 system with a radeon 9800 and a santa cruz soundcard. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob
Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Administrator

In Setup -> Detailed Setup -> DVD, what decoder have you selected? I don't know if this is the problem, but you have to select one that is capable of decoding encrypted DVDs. (Ex: The "Intervideo NonCSS Vido Decoder for Hauppauge" won't work.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have tried the ATI decoder that came with my video card, The Default decoder, and the elecard decoder which i am using a on a trial.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I was able to get dvds to play on my computer monitor. They only play on my monitor though. Using extended desktop I try to drag sagetv over to my TV and then the dvd does not play. I can hear it going but the picture is just black. If however I drag it back to my desktop it is fine. Does anyone know what settings should be used to enable dvd video viewing using the svid out on the video card.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

try enabling 3d acceleration
and or using VMR9 rendering
elecard cannot decode DVDs either stick with the ATI decoders