SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV IMPORTS: Nielm STV Modules (Apr 20 update)

These are various importable modules for SageTV 2.1 (you were wondering what that Detailed Setup item 'Import STV file' did!)

IMPORTANT Please read the General Installation Instructions before using these modules.
  • Dynamic customisable main menu (v2.4 -- last update Oct 29)
    As seen in my 2.0 STV, but with several improvements allowing you to add/remove menu items from within Sage itself.

• Rss Newsreader (last update Nov 4)
    As seen in my 2.0 STV -- the abilty to read RSS newsfeeds in Sage

• Imdb Search (last update Jan 07)
    As seen in my 2.0 STV - the ability to search the IMDB from Sage

• Default Record Padding (last update Oct 26)
    Enables the specification of a default padding to be added to all new manual recordings and favorites

• Delete Partial Recordings (last update Oct 26)
    A simple way of cleaning up all the partial recordings that get left behind when Intelligent Recording is enabled.

Note that some of these create new internal screens, and there is no way of switching to these screens without using the Dynamic customisable main menu.

Note2: These have only been tested with OriginalV2...

History
4 Nov 2004 updated RSS news: fixed a bug relating to pasting new feed from clipboard.

Dec 21 2004: updated IMDB search : IMDB site update -- fixed parser. Also fixed the annoying bug whereby you cannot go 'back' when there was only one result.

Jan 03 2005: updated IMDB search (again) -- fixed parsing of search results,

Jan 07 2005: updated IMDB search -- include year/type in search results (java), improved trimming of directories from imported video files (stv)

Apr 20 2005: updated IMDB search -- fix bug where when search returns a single result, going back from the result crashes the UI

Last edited by nielm; 04-20-2005 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Of course, Cayars' STV makes some of these redundant as he already includes them in a more integrated format...
Old 10-26-2004, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

If you downloaded the imdb seach/rssnews/dynamic menu before the time of this post, you will need to re-download: I messed up the zipfiles... Sorry....
Old 10-26-2004, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

pretty cool
nice job
Old 10-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Padding add in not showing up..

I just did a clean install of the latest SageTV beta and then insalled the 2.1 modules as per the instructions.. I don't see the padding add-in.. when I go to the "Enhancements" area I see nothing in there.. I've tried re-importing it, and it is still not there.. Tried stopping and starting Sage and it's service.. still not there.. any ideas?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I don't see the padding add-in.. when I go to the "Enhancements" area I see nothing in there..
bug (dammit -- I swear I tested this to death!) fixed and re-uploaded...
Old 10-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

these are great - thanks! i am using all of these on top of a clean OriginalV2

any chance of a local weather plug-in? or is there an easy way to do that already? I like how easy these plug-ins are to get working/install.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

menu updated

I have updated the dynamic main menu import to fix something that has been annoying me for ages!

Each submenu now remembers which item was selected last, and the focus will be returned to that item when you return to the menu (requires 2.1.9RC6)
Old 10-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to TiltRod Send a message via MSN to TiltRod Send a message via Yahoo to TiltRod
comskip module

nielm,

is a comskip module possible? that's the only thing that seems to be missing. My other users like the mcexcon stv but also would like the comskip option.

--d
Old 10-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltRod
nielm,

is a comskip module possible? that's the only thing that seems to be missing. My other users like the mcexcon stv but also would like the comskip option.

--d
Second!!! Comskip limits my STV options significantly and I understand the reluctance of the developers to include it into the default STV. Perhaps they could incorporate a "Censor cut" feature that would allow the playing file to skip "offensive" material. This feature could be controlled by a txt file of the same name as the media file. The text file would include segments of frames to be skipped during playback. The creation of this txt file would be up to the user (or STV developer).

The commercial detection algorythms would still be configurable by the end user, even to the point of manually generating the file.

It would be nice, too, if sage would delete this (or any other file) with the same name when deleting the media file.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Niel,

I am using your stv at the moment, cool work, all I use is the menu and the imdb search stuff.

I have put together a complete NetRemote ccf for my whole system, for use on my pda. I am missing something thou. What I would really like, is for everytime a sage command is used, such as play, pause, stop, fwd, rwd, etc for it to send a event to girder. do you think that is possible, using studio etc?

I was thinking that if you can get the play command to execute a command, it could just send a payload of for example "play", etc.

If it is possible would it take a lot of effort to incorporate this, in your stv?

If it is not possible do you have any ideas?

Cheers

Dan
Old 11-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danward79
What I would really like, is for everytime a sage command is used, such as play, pause, stop, fwd, rwd, etc for it to send a event to girder.
it sounds like you want to do:
netremote->sage->Girder...
(ie Sage recieves the netremote commands directly, and you want to send them to Girder)
Why not do it the other way around:
netremote->Girder->{Sage,other app, whatever}?

(technically it is possible to modify every single point a command is received to execute girder's event.exe, but practically, it is not sensible (image the load while holding down FF!), and it would be a lot of work)
Old 11-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Neil,

What I do at the moment, is NetRemote - > Girder - > Sagetv.

All I want is some sort of feed back. to NR via girder. Would it be possible to do something for stop / play and pause?

How would you go about acheiving something like this?

Thanks

Dan
Old 11-01-2004, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

It would have to be an STV modification and it would be a lot of work (assuming you what NR to know when a video is playing/paused, there are a lot of places where a video can be started and stopped)...
Old 11-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can't it just be based upon the play / pause state of the software? Rather than the video.

I have got the NR / Girder side of things sorted. I have got the same thing going for zoomplayer and my video jukebox. Also got same thing for my audio (music) side of things.

The state information is used to change the button for play and pause in a toggling manner. So when it is Playing, pause is displayed, and when it is Paused, play is shown.

Anyway Thanks for the info, will wait for studio to be released...

Dan
Old 11-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danward79
The state information is used to change the button for play and pause in a toggling manner. So when it is Playing, pause is displayed, and when it is Paused, play is shown.
So, it switches functionality of which command is sent? Why not just use SageTV's "Play/Pause" command, which toggles between those states?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Because it is all about feedback, another words confirmation of a command you send.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Sage Expert

Does this STV support comskip? for some reason I get only malore Sage Recordings and get no comskip auto or manual?????
Old 11-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Does this STV support comskip? for some reason I get only malore Sage Recordings and get no comskip auto or manual?????
I believe everything is there for comskip, but you probably need to configure it to work right. See the first post for instructions. I don't use it so I don't know if it works or not in this STV.