SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-04-2004, 01:36 AM
SageTVaholic

This is not an STV -- these are patch modules to add specific functionality to an OriginalV2-based STV.. so no.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Sage Expert

Is there a way to get the your two pane (and top description) Nielm Recordings with the blue status bar, green notation of new recordings, and numbers of episodes in the left column? I miss that and comskip bad!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

Couple of issues with News plugin.
When pasting from the clipboard the confirmation screen says "No, yes" , the yes should probably be capped.

Secondly, just moving up or down the list of news feeds marks them as read. They should only be marked read if you launch the news story.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Couple of issues with News plugin.
When pasting from the clipboard the confirmation screen says "No, yes" , the yes should probably be capped.
true... I have also fixed a bug regarding this...
Quote:
Secondly, just moving up or down the list of news feeds marks them as read. They should only be marked read if you launch the news story.
actually, that is deliberate so that you can just browse the headlines, and then see if any new headlines have arrived. It matches the behaviour of several other RSS newsreaders.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Agreed. It SHOULD mark them as READ when you browse them. Every RSS reader I've used works that way.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
true... I have also fixed a bug regarding this...
actually, that is deliberate so that you can just browse the headlines, and then see if any new headlines have arrived. It matches the behaviour of several other RSS newsreaders.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

hey nielm i just wanted to say thanks for the customizeable main menu importable module. easy to set up and has enabled people besides myself to use my media pc. oh and it's stable as pie, too. (that's stable) in fact, your mod caused me to switch several menu items i had in meedio over to sage. (i.e. pictures & videos).
-fodder
Old 11-09-2004, 02:17 AM
SageTVaholic

thanks
Old 11-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Sage Icon

So, has the issue of importing the custom menu been brought up yet?
I've imported it into the MCE STV and it replaced a lot of things with the default OriginalV2 look. I'm sure this isn't the intent of this new plug-ig arch. that Frey is developing...so I'm wondering if it is controllable by how nielm is 'exporting' the feature from Studio, or if this is an all around problem with Studio that's being worked on.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I am not surprised... as I mentioned in the instructions, the modules are only tested with the OriginalV2 STV. (as it tries to use things already in this STV)... MCE is a completely new STV, so the import will not work.
(think of them more as patches than plugins)
Old 11-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Sage Icon

You're right, patch is more appropriate of a term in this case. I hope Jeff is working towards a plug-in architecture because it seems like these patches can 'break' things in an STV if not used carefully.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

the balance shifts ...

i never thought i'd say this, but i just made meedio a launchable option from sage. sage's hardware-accelerated graphical menus are so slick. i've had it the other way around for months, but i finally can have the nice, simple sage menus i need.

will post again when i switch it back. i've been on a major configuration bug lately and i think it's the fall weather.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

nielm-

your custom menu allows access to sagetv internal screens and commands that aren't otherwise retreivable without browsing through sage menus.

can you think of an easy way to call those screens without specifically adding them to a custom menu created w/ your import module?

i'm using some custom menus, but i'd like to call some internal screens for my own use while still hiding them from the casual user.

just wondering.. thanks-
-fod

i know these screens are not available via the sendmsg app that someone created. but, i do know that that app can be used to string together multiple windows messages. this would be one way to solve the above problem, but i hadn't thought of that idea when i started this post
Old 12-17-2004, 03:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Mostlyfodder: I am not entirely sure what you are asking, but to get to a screen, it either needs a shortcut key (eg TV Guide, Sage Recordings) or an entry somewheer in the menu tree..
If you want to 'hide' something, you could put it several levels deep
Old 12-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

nielm,

i'm referring to the screens that you allow us to add as menu items by either choosing to 'ADD CUSTOM COMMAND' or 'ADD INTERNAL SCREEN'. some of those screens are NOT specifically programmable with a keyboard shortcut, but are (as you mentioned) only available by browsing the sage menu tree.

what i'm looking for is a way to call those screens, perhaps with a sendmessage command or something, WITHOUT having to browse to them in the menu tree.

i have a super simple menu system that i'm very happy with, thanks to you, but i'd like to be able to call up a few hidden screens (without just burying them deeper in the menu tree.)

and i know those screens are accessible, because your custom menu module exposes them, and i was wondering how you did that. the magic of java? ideally i'd like to use a sendmessage command or something to be able to call up any screen in sage but i know that's not possible right now.

i hope that explains what i'm looking for. i think it amounts to a feature request

thanks,
fodder

Last edited by mostlyfodder; 12-17-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

unfortunatly,the magic of java is only to read the XML file and present the contents in a format that Sage can read.
It is the magic of Studio that does the switching to different screens, and there is no other way of doing it...
Old 12-21-2004, 02:48 PM

Problem with time bar

Nielm, Thanks for this great STV. Since installing it, I do have one minor problem. During playback I can no longer see the current time counter in the time status bar. I only get the word "Time":

Am I doing something stupid?

-Steve
Old 12-21-2004, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Which of the modules are you using, and which STV did you import them into?
This problem (I think) occurred when you used a 2.0 STV in 2.1 (or the other way around)
Old 12-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
This problem (I think) occurred when you used a 2.0 STV in 2.1 (or the other way around)
Yes & it is the first one -- it occurs when using a v2.0 STV in v2.1/2.2. (At least that was the only time I ever saw it.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

IMDB search updated

I have fixed the bug in IMDB search that prevented results from being found/shown...
It looks like the IMDB is changing its search engine, so I don't know how long this fix will last...

I also fixed an issue in the importable STV which means that you could never go 'back' when there was only 1 result to the search...

For those of you using Cayar's or MCEXCON's STVs, just download the zipfile, unpack it into your Sage directory, and restart Sage.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
unfortunatly,the magic of java is only to read the XML file and present the contents in a format that Sage can read.
It is the magic of Studio that does the switching to different screens, and there is no other way of doing it...
ok thanks for replying and for the great STV-