SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Sage Icon

Multiplex OTA HD with analog cable???

Is there a way to piggyback signals from an OTA antenna onto cable? I am considering combining my analog (from cable) and HD(from OTA) into a single TV serving computer. The best location for this machine only has a single cable run and it would take a lot of work to pull an additional one. I'm pretty sure this is not possible. Google has turned up nothing.

I am currently only looking at 5 OTA channels. Is there a way to "move" these HD channels into an unused segment of the cable spectrum?

Any thoughts?

My other option is to put the HD card into this machine and leave the SD cards in the current machine as network encoders. This however means all SD recording and viewing will be across the network, which I am trying to avoid.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage does not support HD recording currently
and OTA HD you will need an HDTV card

in the past SageTV had beta support for the AccessDTV
in version 1.4
maybe that could be a solution

you could possibly run 1.4 on this computer and one with network encoders run version 2 and have SageTV import the videos from 1.4
Old 10-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

I am aware that sage does not support HD, but I assumed it could coexist on the same server with MyHD card which would be saving it's files to the same drives. I realize that this will have to be scheduled independantly and that the files management will be seperate from the Sage application.

My real question is not a sage question at all actually, but I thought the wise people here may have run across the problem of trying to combine cable and OTA onto the same coax. Once I've got both signals to the PC, Then I can worry about the Sage issues that will come up.

I can't try your suggestion because I only have MyHD card.

Last edited by briands; 10-28-2004 at 03:03 PM.