SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
Arrow Higher Resolution Channel Logos

OK so I recently went through a bad breakup with the girlfriend. Got more time on my hands. Because of this, I have started my own project. To try to create higher resolution channel logos. Logos look good when you see them in the channel guide but once you select a show, you can really see how pixelated they are because Sage shows a larger image of the channel logo. I am including a few I have worked on and thought others might enjoy to use them. I intend to make more but might not depending on how things in my personal life go. Hope you enjoy them!
One side note. These are reproductions of the orginals. I have to do these by hand. They are not exact matches and some of these need more work. I do no support these nor will I be taking requests. This is just something I am doing for myself to help the time go by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK I added some more of these channel logos...and I have added the original vectors I created per request. Hope you guys enjoy.
11/14 More channel logos added. (Including CSPAN2 since the request was a 5 min request) Still not taking requests officially just yet.
Newest zip files are too large to upload?
11/15 Got files to upload. Enjoy!
11/21 OK so this is pretty much my own channel lineup. So my work for myself is complete. Am going to take a small break from my work here for a little bit. need some time to go and have some fun for myself. In the mean time...if there are any American channels that arent local channels that I have missed....please let me know. I might or might not get to them.
11/27 OK We got more logos. Included many that were requested (except for the british channels). This update includes some spanish channels for those of you who live in Spanglish land like I do. Take note that I have added some fancy major network logos too so you can use them for local channels that you dont have a logo for. Let me know if I missed anything
12/18 Guess I am kinda back from my little break. Spanky, I have added your Cinemax logos. Other than transparent logos I dont seem to see any requests. Am I done? As I stated, I dont intend to do the transparent logos, I will leave that to Tox if he is still interested. I know in his last post, he had given me the impression that they dont look at neat as they sound because resizing them appears to dirty them up. Regardless, I appreciate his help and efforts. Any new logos I should be doing? Please, no local channels. I could be doing this for the rest of my life if I did that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12/24 Merry Christmas! Realized I made a mistake with Showtime Too and never added it. Added to Vector4 zip file. Sorry for the mistake!
2/8 Life has been crazy as of late, but I am loving it. Sorry I havent gotten things done quicker, but I have been a busy guy. Per danward79's request I have added a few UK channel logos. Just a hint, they start with UK in the name. jcato, your requests are up next. I will try to get them up here for you as soon as I can. As always, I am more than willing to take requests as long as they are national network logos. I could spend a lifetime if I tried to do the local guys. Thanks for the support folks
2/18 OK! Adding some more channels that were requested earlier in the month by Jcato. Let me know if I am missing any more Major network logos.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6/11/07 I have finally added a few channels and updated some. As far as I can see UPN and WB are neither exisiting neworks. They have been changed To CW and ION. A few others have been added. Hope you all enjoy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Folder.zip (738.5 KB, 10828 views)
File Type: zip New Folder1.zip (743.9 KB, 7845 views)
File Type: zip New Folder2.zip (729.7 KB, 7891 views)
File Type: zip New Folder3.zip (163.0 KB, 7697 views)

Last edited by remmy925; 07-11-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Sage User

Wink

So would it be bad of us to hope you don't get another girlfriend for a while?
Old 11-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
After this one...I guarentee it will be a while.
As a side note. If you do notice anything wrong that needs to be fixed, let me know. I just cant guarentee I will have time to fix the problem right away or at all. My current goal is to get as many done as possible. Then I will fix as I see fit.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Remmy,
Sorry to hear about the breakup. Nice work on the logos. Would you be willing to post your source vector files? I'd really appreciate it.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Looks great! Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 11-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys. I will try to post the source vectors after some cleanup. Because of some effects I had to use on a few, they are saved as corel draw files. Your will need corel draw 11 to view them.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi, Nice work, anychance of some UK Channels!

Namely BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV 1, Channel 4, FIVE...

Dan
Old 11-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK...added some more logos.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Sage Icon

Remmy. I've started looking at some of the .cdr files and I must say you are doing a great job reproducing these. If you don't mind I'd like to output these all to eps files so more people can make use of the vector images. If I have some time I'll chip in where I can to create more vector versions. I started doing this some time back and I'll go back to my Illustrator files and see which logos I made were all vector based and start posting stuff. Maybe I'll host these all on my website. Kind of make a free vector channel logo resource or something.

EDIT: I'd actually like to go to WMF instead of EPS for more universal usage.

Last edited by ToxMox; 11-10-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

It would really be cool if Sage could make use of vector files in general and not have to convert to bitmaps.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

like I said...on a couple I had to use things like transparency. Dont think wmf or eps actually support such features. I actually intend to add more visual effects once done in photoshop. Just havnt had time. Any suggestions or assistance you would like to provide, feel free. I know this is a usless project with little desire from the community...but I figure what the hell. Why not share my labor so it isnt such a waste of time.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Sage Expert

its definitely not useless. just one of those things that isn't as glamorous as comskip. However, its these little things that make the overall experience seem more professional
Old 11-11-2004, 01:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey wanted to say thanks
since I am using them
one question though
I saw you are not taking request
but is there really a CSPN3?
cause I have only CSPAN and CSPAN2
yet yours are CSPAN and CSPAN3
Old 11-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Thanks these are great!
CPU: P4/3.0EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU RAM: 512MB Corsair XMS Extreme DDR400 Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 256MB 128bit 8XAGP Tuner: Hauppage PVR-250MCE HD: Seagate 7200 200GB, Maxtor USB2 120GB Optical: STB: DishNetwork VIP211 TV: Sony WEGA KV-36FS100 (s-video) Apps: SageTV 4.0.0.56 w. Hotspot JVM 1.5.0_02,
Remote: MX-500 with USB-UIRT and Girder
Old 11-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support.
Wanted to answer your question Walker, but I am not completely sure about an answer. I suspect CSPAN2 3 4 are probably regional feeds. I am on the east coast so I get feed 3. Not entirely sure on that. Once I have completed as many of these as I can for myself I will probably consider taking requests. Depending on the complexity of the design or precision of the logo...it could take me a few hours to complete just one channel. Be patient with me guys. I will try my best to get as many of these as I can.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

opps....forgot to mention. Not all my channel designations will match up with yours. In the instance mentioned prior about CSPAN, I would suggest just taking my generic logo for CSPAN and using it for both CSPAN channels for now. Just make a copy of the jpeg file and rename it. I will consider a request thread for the channels I miss once I get the ones done I am working on now.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

cool yeah I did not understand how the CSPAN worked and never heard of CSPAN3
thanks and cool
and I guess you can see a request (from previous post) whenever you have a sec
Old 11-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Very NICE! Makes my whole setup look that much more professional! Thanks again!!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Wow...These are nice. Thanks
Old 11-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Sage User

Great job! I'm on the east coast too and really didn't feel like searching the entire satlogo index for all the dumb local chanel logos. for some reason they dont list comcast as a cable provider. Thanks for all the work!