SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
[b]
IMPORTANT: A few people have reported problems moving recordings from one directory to another. As far as I can tell, the instructions below were followed, but I do not know why their recordings were either deleted or imported into the video library. Because of this, I recommend that you do any or all of the following:[list=1][*]Don't delete the original video after copying it to its new video directory. Instead, first rename it to change its extension to soemthing like ".bak" instead of ".mpg". Then, once the video is recognized in its new location and plays correctly, you can delete the ".bak" file.
What I was able to do was to shut down sage, rename my old video folder to something new, share it.. then open up sage added the "New" directory via it's UNC share name.. all details now show the files with the //unc not the literal file path.. no renaming of files or backing up was necessary.. for me anyhow! Saved me a lot of time.. all that copying and renaming would have taken hours!

Thanks!

Mod's note: This was split from the FAQ thread; that is where the above quote came from.

Last edited by Opus4; 11-24-2004 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Split from FAQ thread