SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:25 PM

XMLTV listings out by 1 hour

I finally decided I would give SageTV a try with my Creative DVCR. Everything seems to be going smoothly so far, but since I am in Canada I have to use the XMLTV plugin to populate my guide listings. The listings seem to have been imported okay, with the exception that they show up one hour behind schedule. For example, local channel 8 plays 3rd Rock from the Sun at 4pm daily, but the guide listings show it at 5pm.

I entered a US zip code for Kalispell Montana since it is in the same time zone as me here in Calgary. Is there a simple fix that I'm overlooking, or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dale
Old 06-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Are you using the latest version of XMLTV? When you run xmltv, I believe it tells you the timezone of the listings you are getting. Mine is -0700 and I am in Pacific Daylight time. So I guess yours should be coming up as -0600. If not, I think you can use the Set TZ=-0600 to force the correct timezone.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:35 AM

Olyar,

Alas that's not the problem. I have the TZ environment variable set to MDT, as it should be, and other programs that use my XMLTV data all show the correct show times. I unfortunately chose a bad week to install the trial of SageTV as I've had very little time to try it out and have wasted some of my 10 days.

In any case, I'm considering a reload of my system software to try and sort out some other issues, so maybe I'll try a fresh install of Sage then. Other than the EPG problem though, I will admit that the software is much nicer than the included Creative software for the DVCR.

Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:51 AM

What about setting up a special batch to download XMLTV data for SageTV. You could then set a different TZ in this batch that may correct the wrong time problem in SageTV. Sorry that's all I can think of. It may be worth trying though.