SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

I posted this in the Cayars thread, but Carlo said this had to be done internally. Is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Not sure if this is something you can do in an STV or if I need ask for this somewhere else, but I wanted to talk about manual recordings. It seems like this is an area that is lacking in the SAGE software.

For my example let's say I want to record Dinner and a Movie every night (let's pretend it comes on every night) so, since I cannot create a favorite (the title and actors change nightly) I must create a timed/manual recording.
Here are the issues:

1. Manual recordings are treated as redheaded stepchildren, as such they do not get a favorite added for them, even when they are recurring. What I am looking for here is the ability to set the max recordings settings, or the manually delete flag. Right now you can only adjust the recording quality and the padding.

2. Even if a show lines up exactly with show times and is on a channel listed in the EPG, it does not inherit the EPG data. Instead it is just titled Recurring Timed Recording (or something to that affect). This makes discerning between multiple timed recordings very difficult.

3. There is no way to rename the recording within SAGE to give it a more meaningful name.

Here are the solutions.

1. Treat a timed recording just like a favorite, where all properties can be changed.

2. By default, inherit the show that is currently playing, if a manual recording is recording on a channel that is listed in the program guide.

3. Allow manual recordings to be renamed. In fact, this option should be available for all recordings, not just manual ones. That way, before my mother comes over to visit, I can rename all of the Real Sex episodes I recorded from HBO to something like Billy Graham's Hour of Prayer".
Old 12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

rsagetv99:
are you ignoring me or something I posted a suggestion in cayars thread regarding this and sent you a PM but you never mentioned if it worked
See here:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...postcount=1183
Old 12-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
rsagetv99:
are you ignoring me or something I posted a suggestion in cayars thread regarding this and sent you a PM but you never mentioned if it worked
See here:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...postcount=1183
No, I'm not ignoring you - even though I feel like I am being ignored sometimes. Sorry for not getting back to you. I did not see the PM though. I don't get very many so I am not used to checking for them. I tried what you said, but I was not getting all of the shows in the timeslot due to some shows not having the First-Run or Re-Run data in the EPG. I was able to fix that problem by updating to the latest Beta release of SAGE, but I still think the manual-recordings issue needs to be addressed.

I'll try to stay on top of my PM's from now on.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Your post ToxMox covered about 80% of his needs/wants but not 100%.

I can understand what he wants to do but I doubt we'll be seeing anything like this added to SageTV anytime soon (hope I'm wrong) as the need for it is very small.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Ok new idea. Create a keyword favorite with * so all shows should match that. Then tweak the timeslot and the channel etc in there and you should have the result you want.
EDIT: nevermind I just realized that editing the timeslot won't allow for every week kind of stuff or day of week settings etc.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Administrator

"Days of week" is something I would like to see as a fav option & already suggested as a complement to the timeslot to further narrow down favs that are on so often.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.