SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Video directory showing up in Import Video Directory

I have f:\videos as my only video directory as this is the only place I want Sage to record to. I am starting to put all my dvd's into mp4 format and placed them in E:\movies. Then I put that directory in the Library import directory. When I go to the Video Import Library I should only see the E:\movies content, but I am seeing the F:\videos content there as well. I double checked the detailed setup settings to make sure F:\videos was not in the import directory list and it is not....What could be the problem?
Sage version = 2.1.1
CayarsVer21E.stv
WinXP Pro
Old 12-16-2004, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible that some files exist in f:\videos that are not recognised as Sage Recordings (and so do not show up as Sage Recordings), and so sage puts them in the Imported Video Files screen... Check the names of the files that show up, and compare with the Sage Recordings list...
Old 12-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

If the database gets corrupted, Sage puts recordings it made into the import list. For example, if your power goes out, sometimes Sage will put the last few recordings it made in the import list because the EPG data has been lost for them.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Sage Icon

Thanx zz
That is exactly what happened.
After I figured out I had a corrupt wiz.bin file and fixed that, that is when I noticed this problem. I figured it must have been the corruption that caused it when the new recordings were not showing up in the imported and the old recording (pre-corruption) were not showing any details.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:28 AM
Sage Icon

Just curious, what is the wiz.bin? What info does it hold?

I recently had an OS crash also and lost everything in the SageTV Recordings and everything in my Favorites Manager was gone, emptied. And all my recordings went into the Imported Library. I deleted the wiz.bin and renamed the wiz.bak to wiz.bin and ran SageTV again, but that did nothing as everything was still empty. Luckily, I recently image copy my entire harddrive during a harddrive upgrade, so I copied the backup SageTV folder to the current one, and ran SageTV again. And voila, everything was back to the way it was. All recordings and favorites were restored.

But the whole process gave me a good scare as I have a long list of favorites and recordings. What can I use to backup my recordings and favorites in SageTV? I read about Jimbobuk's backup batch script, is this all I need to do to backup all crucial SageTV files and settings?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

the only files you need to backup are the wiz.bin, sage.properties and I think sageclient.properties. These are the only files needed for sage to keep all your settings, if they are corrupt, you will lose all the details from your recordings, but the actual recorded video files won't be affected.