SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

'Upcoming Movies' Displays No Show

I'm having a problem getting the 'Upcoming Movies' to work. I am using Sagetv 2.1.10 with Cayars15 Ultimate STV (Release 15 - Dec 4).

I have set a list of channels under 'Enhancements' (i.e. 702, 703 or Sky Movies 1, Sky Movies 2....etc) but I still get - No Show

Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks

Old 12-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Sage Expert

I have the same problem.
I think it may haave something to do with the fact that I get my EPG data from radio times. with the grabber I use you can select for the word 'film' to be added to the title of and films. If there was a 'movie' option on this grabber it may work?!?
Old 12-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Sage Icon

Yep you nailed it.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

That would explain why 'browse by category' - films works. Thanks

I also use the radio times grabber. Is there a way I can edit the cayars_menu.xml to use the 'browse by category' filtered to show only the films instead of the Upcoming movies list?

Or is there an easier way?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

nope...

You either need to translate the categories in the epgdata.XML (Film->Movie) -- I do this -- or use an EPG import plugin that translates upon import...

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...light=category

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...light=demideus
Old 12-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Sage Expert

Alan has updated his grabber so that you can put 'movie' in the title. Check it here.

http://www.alanbirtles.dsl.pipex.com/xmltv/xmltv.htm
Old 12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

do you have the "movie channels" configured properly? I dunno if this is that STV, but that would result in the results you describe.

EDIT: what I mean is, theres an area which defines what channels to use to look for movies, by default they did not work for me, and I had to change it otherwise that was blank.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnovak
do you have the "movie channels" configured properly? I dunno if this is that STV, but that would result in the results you describe.

EDIT: what I mean is, theres an area which defines what channels to use to look for movies, by default they did not work for me, and I had to change it otherwise that was blank.
how did you configure them?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Sage User

By the looks of it, the Alan Birtles grabber only puts the word 'movie' into the title of the programme. I think that it also needs to replace the catagory name for it to work 100%.

Using data from the Radiotimes grabber, I just tried a find and replace on the catagory names for film > movie and Sagetv then picked them up as upcoming movies. It didn't work for me before I did that.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also just tried a manual find and replace on the catagory names for film > movie and Sagetv then picked them up as upcoming movies. It didn't work for me before I did that, I also haven't bothered adding the word movie in the title.

Has anyone written a batch file already to do a search and replace that will work with rt grabber generated xml file?

Thanks for your help Guys.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Used 'XMLTV's tv_grep' in the nightly batchfile that Neilm suggested - http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...77&postcount=7
had to make a slight change to get it to work in a batch file (changed > epgdata_trans.xml to --output epgdata_trans.xml) , I now have populated 'upcoming movie'

Thanks for your help Guys.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldingo
By the looks of it, the Alan Birtles grabber only puts the word 'movie' into the title of the programme. I think that it also needs to replace the catagory name for it to work 100%.

Using data from the Radiotimes grabber, I just tried a find and replace on the catagory names for film > movie and Sagetv then picked them up as upcoming movies. It didn't work for me before I did that.
this was implemented in version 2.12 see http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...1&page=2&pp=25
Old 12-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Sage User

Ok, that makes sense. I'll have a look at that later.

Cheers!
Old 12-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry Birty, it was me that asked for the 'movie' button to be implemented into your grabber last night. I hadn't seen the post about categories. Doh! I have implemented the 'altcats.txt' file and all is working well.

On a positive note, I guess it is good for continuity that the EPG guide actually says 'movie' instead of 'film' for all the movies/films that are on