SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

How do I add the Local channels for my Voom box?

Hi

I've hooked up my Voom box and everything is working fine with the main Voom line-up, but how do I add the local channels that the Voom box picks up via the antenna?

Thanks

Steve
Old 12-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Is it just like having a regular antenna? Does the Voom box tune to the channel & then sends the signal to the capture card via svideo/whatever? If so, then perhaps you could try adding an antenna input and still tell it to use an external controller? (I don't have Voom, so I'm just guessing at something to try, if you are saying those local channels aren't listed on the normal Voom EPG lineup.)

Since the channels don't overlap, this _might_ work.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

The main Voom line-up is channel 100+, the local digital channels are picked up on channels less than 100. The Voom box tunes both the main Voom line-up and the local digital channels and in my case, the PVR250 picks up the feed on S-Video.

I tried setting up a second device in Sage set to s-video and local channels but it simply overwrites my main Voom line-up.

The channels that I need to be able to tune to start as follows:

2-1 WESHD1
2-2 WESH-DT
3-1 WEDUSD2
3-2 WEDUSD2
3-5 WEDU-HD
6-1 WKMGD1
etc. etc.

Is there any way to manually add these channels to the existing Voom line-up?

Steve
Old 01-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Administrator

I don't think there is a way to add any channels to a lineup.

Now that I thought about this a little more, I realized that adding 2 lineups to a single tuner is probably only going to work when they use different inputs on the tuner, so even if the channels don't overlap, adding a new svideo input will remove the other one.

I think there was a discussion a while back from someone trying to add 2 local lineups to the same input & I _think_ there was some trick to getting it to work, but I don't remember the details. (Again: no guarantees... just trying to offer a possibility to look into, since it doesn't seem to be something someone else has already solved w/VOOM.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not sure there is a trick... I'm hoping there is something that is added to a later version... we need some way to add channels to the lineup... or have different lineups for the same service on 2 tuners.

--CF
Old 01-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

What about using XML-TV to solve the problem?
Old 02-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Sage User

I'm bumped into this issue today as well. I just got my USB-UIRT and added the Voom channels without a problem. I tried to add the local lineup on the same input and it erases the 100+ lineup completely.

I'm not sure I understand why a different EPG cannot be added for the same capture source input. I understand why locals being fed through the Voom STB are not listed in the VOOM-USA guide. Is there no way that Sage can support another channel lineup associated with the same source?

Now I could run composite out for the locals, but that will reduce PQ to an unacceptable level - considering my locals are HDTV most of the time.

If anyone has a way to solve this problem, please enlighten us! Conversely, if someone can confirm that this is simply not possible with the current Sage version, and perhaps explain why?
Old 02-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Sage User

I was able to get everything working just fine by taking a cable from the SDTV outputs on the Voom STB (video composite, L+R channel) to the inputs on my PVR250 MCE. I added another input source, specified the tuner control as the Voom STB and added a local broadcast lineup to it.

All the locals and the Voom lineup are now available in the guide.

The visual quality is obviously a bit less, but you can minimize that by calibratin g the picture independantly for this source. I reduced the sharpness quite a bit to smooth things out slightly.

I hope this helps...

Last edited by VorpalBlade; 02-12-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

How did you add the free to air digital channels, XMLTV?

Maybe there is a simpler way for me to add these than I think.

Steve
Old 02-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Sage User

I had the same problem when i first got Sage. A kind user pointed me to this link

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...0109#post20109

Worked like a charm for me and everything is integrated into one guide.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBlade
I was able to get everything working just fine by taking a cable from the SDTV outputs on the Voom STB (video composite, L+R channel) to the inputs on my PVR250 MCE. I added another input source, specified the tuner control as the Voom STB and added a local broadcast lineup to it.

All the locals and the Voom lineup are now available in the guide.

I hope this helps...

But how are you tuning the voom box for locals and how did you get locals for all the digitals?

My digitals are:
2-1
2-2
4-1

etc etc

THe zap2it/over the air lineups to select do not show me digitals, only analogs
and even if I could do the digitals, how do I get the voom stb to go to, say, 2-2?

Phil