SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can a tuner be dedicated to live TV?

I received my PVR-500 + Snapstream + SageTV + Client package on Thursday and have been playing around with it. I'm still getting used to the interface, but it works great. What's confusing me is Sage's usage of the tuners.

My friend down the street has a DirectTV TiVo with 2 tuners. His box will tell him which tuner he's currently watching. He can watch live TV on 2 channels and switch back and forth with a button on the remote. Can SageTV do this? It's annoying to switch back and forth between shows during commercials because it leaves gaps if I decide to keep the show.

The other thing I wanted to know was if it's possible to assign a tuner to Live TV usage only and leave the remaining tuners for scheduled recordings. Kind of pointless with 2 tuners, but if I added a second PVR-500, it'd be nice to always keep one free for live TV.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

I do not know if it is possible to dedicate a tuner to live tv, but what I do if I am going to be flipping between two shows I will hit record on both and just switch between the two. In general I will know when I want to watch one of two shows when they start or if I start watching them.

John
Old 01-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, I've been doing the record thing. It just seems odd that there's no tuner status when you change channels or in the EPG/preview window.