SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Sage User

How long does it take?

... or are there any special procedures to do when I add a multimedia directory?

I added one yesterday with 104 items in it. At first it didn't show up in my imported videos. I said to myself, well screw it I'll deal with this later and I went out somewhere. Later that night, the directory appeared correctly and had all 104 items in it? So whats the deal?

On that same note for music MP3's. How many directories does Sage recursively search? I have a HUGE mp3 collection and my directory structure is setup as the following...

Audio/genre/artist/album/

will Sage pick those up? When I add the directory, Audio directory, nothing shows up. Maybe I'm not waiting long enough; see above.

Anyone with any clues...

Thanks.
Jeff
Old 01-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Administrator

The amount of time to scan new lib media varies. I don't remember if it starts a new library scan immediately after adding a new lib dir, but you could always go to the main library menu & select "Refresh Media LIbrary". Things still won't appear instantly, but the scan will begin.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:00 AM

Had the same

I struggled with the same thing this afternoon. I ended up removing and
re-adding the same folders 2 or 3 times. Finally I realised it takes sage a long time to update. Isn't some kind of progress bar a good idea to implement in the software? I also use a kiss player with ezlinkng software and that has "live folders" so you see newly added stuff immediatly. Isn't something like this possible in sage?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Sage Expert

it takes about 20 minutes to scan my 1500 songs and about 30 to do the screenshots of my 4500 pictures My video server is my file server (where the pix/tunez reside) and that is from a front end client. Yeah a progress indicator (either file scanning or otherwise) would be nice
Old 09-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Not a good idea if the scanning message prevents me from using sagetv (like creating thumbnail does)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar
it takes about 20 minutes to scan my 1500 songs and about 30 to do the screenshots of my 4500 pictures My video server is my file server (where the pix/tunez reside) and that is from a front end client. Yeah a progress indicator (either file scanning or otherwise) would be nice
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8