SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Sage User

PVR-150 Remote Initialization Failed

I seem to be having the same remote issue as everyone else. After recording for about 15m or after the system goes to sleep, the remote stops working. When I try to restart IR, I get the 'failed to initialize' message. I've seen bits and pieces of fixes, but haven't found anything that works. I've installed the latest PVR/IR drivers, including clearing and reinstalling with hwclear. I've also installed the latest chipset and video drivers. My config is below:

Chaintech 7NIF2 (nForce2)
AMD Sempron 2300+
512MB Rosewill memory
Using onboard graphics
PVR-150 (new remote - not using IR blaster)

TIA!

Jon
Old 01-25-2005, 03:53 PM

Me too

I am having exactly the same problem. The remote works great with the new IR config file I found on here until I stop using it for a while, at which point "Restart IR" issues the "Failed to Initialize" message. I tried telling sage not to go to sleep but it doesn't seem to help. Basically I have to reboot if I want to use the remote instead of the keyboard.

I don't know whether this problem is in the Sage code or in the Hauppauge drivers, but it seems like this issue should be a top priority for both companies because of the bundle deal on the sage website.

I thought that buying the hardware frey is pushing would guaruntee a streamlined experience, but apparently not. I have junked my MythTV install because of chronic stability issues in order to try Sage's 15 day trial, and this issue is ruining my experience.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Administrator

You should try using the remote with just Hauppauge's apps. I've seen posts where it fails there too after some amount of time, w/o SageTV running at all. Your best bet would probably be to contact Hauppauge and see if they know what is going on, since this seems to be happening more often lately.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Sage User

It seems to only happen after the card has been recording for 15min or so... If the card isn't recording, it seems to be fine.

I contacted Hauppage and they said they know about it and are working on it, but no ETA.

Any other suggestions for a remote? I'm thinking of using a TiVo remote with the USB-UIRT.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Administrator

In case anyone wants to follow up with others having the same problem, SHS's forum has a continuing discussion of this problem here: IR Problems.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Thanks

I will check out the other forum and hope Hauppauge comes up with a fix soon.

Thanks guys...
Old 02-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

A small update about this issue...

After reading the forum that Opus4 pointed us all to I got the recommendation to change the PCI slot the 150 was installed in.

I did so putting the card in PCI slot #2. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the IR software, rebooted and no more Remote Initialization Failed error!

But, after about 15 minutes of using the remote, wether Sage goes to sleep or not, the bad boy still stops working.

The only difference is that the remote icon in the system tray stays there and you can restart the IR software with out the above mentioned error.

However even if you restart the software, it will not resume working unless the computer is rebooted.

I guess HP is going to have to fix the issue...there are over 50 posts on that thread...all customers with the same issue.

I hope it is resolved soon 'cuz I'd really like to use my remote. It sure works great for those 15 minutes!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Problem is fixed!

I installed the new pre release driver from HP and it fixed this issue.

Here is the link:

Pre Release Driver