SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage User

Streaming with sage.

I have enabled the server on the computer running the capture card. On my laptop I have the client. When I add my IP adress it says unable to connect to sagetv server specified adress. By the way Im behind a wireless router
Old 02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Heya,

I'd say, first off, make sure the server (in the SageTV setup section) is enabled. Then restart StageTV (just to be sure) and validate its still enabled.. Second thing make sure your wireless machines are able to touch the inet, or basically have connectivity. While your at it, confirm their IP by using ipconfig in a DOS window. I have my PVR on a wireless link in my home network and have no problems working with it via my client on my other PC. Another possible problem is the IP has changed for the server. If so you'll have to update the IP address in the properties file or client setup section. Again, restart the client once you've made changes, just to be sure it applies it. Once you have connectivity, then you can relax a bit and try changes on the fly.
I've had similar issues over the last few months and when I don’t break it down like this I can end up going in angry circles ;P

Hope this help,
RedR
Old 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Sage User

Do I use my ISP ip or my wireless cards IP. Also my sister wants to watch tv from time to time shes going to buy a client would I be able to stream to her and if so how?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm21online
Do I use my ISP ip or my wireless cards IP?
Use your local IP (If you are not behind a gateway/firewall both IP should work but what are you doing without a gateway )

Using a wireless LAN for Sage seems to be hit or miss though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm21online
Also my sister wants to watch tv from time to time shes going to buy a client would I be able to stream to her and if so how?
If you want to be able to use two clients at the same time, she will need he own client license and a Sage Client installation.

Oh, and the valid IP for the server...

Gog
Old 02-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Using the laptop can you see the server computer on the network? Share a folder on the server and see if you can see that folder from the laptop first. Do both machines belong to the same workgroup?

Does your network look like this:
sage server -> wireless ap/router -> WWW
wireless notebook ---^

Each client will need to have the address of the server.

IP addresses of machines:
196.168.0.1 -> Sage server
196.168.0.2 -> Laptop 1
196.168.0.3 -> Laptop 2

Laptop 1&2 will be set to sage server 196.168.0.1.

Last edited by Menehune; 02-02-2005 at 03:34 PM. Reason: ascii art broken
Old 02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Sage User

ok I understand that .. but do I have to open a port for my router like I do for FTP and stuff? Also i've only tried the client on the same computer which the server is in installed on.